1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by skipper2666
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/congress-to-vote-next-week-on-explicitly-creating-a-police-state.html
    This prison planet article you have linked us to is a bit suspect. For example, it claims Army Pfc. Bradley Manning is being "tortured" while held in solitary confinement Quantico brig in Virginia.

When according to ABC News he spent 9 months there and then was transferred to a (medium security detention facility) Joint Regional Correctional Facility at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. in April of 2011

150 inmates at this facility . They are allowed three hours of recreation a day, and three meals a day in a dining area. As well as hanging out all day in the dorm, watching TV, reading books,playing dominoes,cards,chess with the other inmates.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13421925#.TtLQlLKBq0s
  2. Standard memberskipper2666
    Why so serious ????
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 07:39
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    This prison planet article you have linked us to is a bit suspect. For example, it claims Army Pfc. Bradley Manning is being "tortured" while held in solitary confinement Quantico brig in Virginia.

When according to ABC News he spent 9 months there and then was transferred to a (medium security detention facility) Joint Regional Correctional Facili ...[text shortened]... s,chess with the other inmates.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13421925#.TtLQlLKBq0s
    The main point is still being avoided, I won't put links on as it seems to confuse you guy's.

Please answer the Peaceful War Vet demonstating question, many thanks chaps.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 15:32
    Originally posted by skipper2666
    The main point is still being avoided, I won't put links on as it seems to confuse you guy's.

Please answer the Peaceful War Vet demonstating question, many thanks chaps.
    No confusion here.
    Apparently, the main point now is the veracity of the link itself.
    If it is sensationalizing and basically falsifying the treatment of PFC Manning how can we trust what it says about the "peaceful" war vet incident ?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 15:45
    No confusion here.
    If it is sensationalizing and basically falsifying the treatment of PFC Manning how can we trust what it says about the "peaceful" war vet incident ?
    http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/11/25-7

How about this link. Make no mistake, we are heading toward a police state.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/11/25-7

How about this link. Make no mistake, we are heading toward a police state.
    I love the name of the site... "Common dreams, building a progressive community"

The article starts off with...
    "US citizens of all political persuasions are still reeling from images of unparallelled police brutality in a coordinated crackdown against peaceful OWS protesters in cities across the nation this past week."

Lets stop right there. First of all, I am not "reeling". Nobody I know is "reeling".

Secondly, it says "peaceful OWS protesters". Thats bull crap. You know it and I know it. They are not peaceful.

And its not a few "black ningas" running around agitating things. There have been HUNDREDS acts of violence and disruption caused by these idiots.

Murder, rapes, vandalisim, assaults, blocking people from going to work, children from going to school, small business owners from making a living, law abiding citizens unable travel freely, etc,etc,etc.

They are nothing more than anarchist.
    The Police are here to keep order. To protect law abiding citizens.People rioting in the street need to be pepper sprayed, beat down, hauled off to jail.

The cops are doing their JOBS. What we pay them For !
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:45
    No confusion here.
    Apparently Amnesty International was "sensationalizing and basically falsifying the treatment of PFC Manning" when it condemned as "inhumane" the conditions he was held under. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/24/amnesty-international-condemns-inhumane-treatment-bradley-manning/

They concluded:

The conditions under which PFC Manning is held appear to breach the USA’s obligations under
    international standards and treaties, including Article 10 of the International Covenant on Civil and
    Political Rights (ICCPR) which the USA ratified in 1992 and which states that “all persons deprived of
    their liberty shall be treated with humanity and with respect for the inherent dignity of the human
    person”. The UN Human Rights Committee, the ICCPR monitoring body, has noted in its General
    Comment on Article 10 that persons deprived of their liberty may not be “subjected to any hardship or
    constraint other than that resulting from the deprivation of liberty; respect for the dignity of such
    persons must be guaranteed under the same conditions as for that of free persons …”.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/AMR51/006/2011/en/df463159-5ba2-416a-8b98-d52df0dc817a/amr510062011en.pdf
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:572 edits
    This is kinda interesting: a letter from a lobbying firm to the American Bankers Association proposing a campaign to essentially smear OWS in order to help Republicans get elected to further the goals of the financial elite. Proposed cost: $850,000 to start. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/CLGF-msnbc.pdf

Did they cut you a check, uther? Or are you a free lap dog?
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Okay. Now I am a Nazi because I want peace, according to you. As far as lies go... what did I say about these anarchist that is a lie ? Its all documented.

Several weeks ago I posted 160+ illegal acts they have committed and this number has increased much since then. Your response was back then ? Some drivel comparing them to the founding fathers.

So are these the new founding fathers no.1 ? Are they (you) hoping to tear down this great nation and replace it with a new progressive Utopia ?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:11
    Okay. Now I am a Nazi because I want peace, according to you. As far as lies go... what did I say about these anarchist that is a lie ? Its all documented.

Several weeks ago I posted 160+ illegal acts they have committed and this number has increased much since then. Your response was back then ? Some drivel comparing them to the founding fathers. ...[text shortened]... they (you) hoping to tear down this great nation and replace it with a new progressive Utopia ?
    This great nation was designed to be a progressive utopia, not the brutal police state you crave. The instances of police brutality directed at the OWS demonstrators is well documented; much of it is on youtube if you'd open your eyes.

The idea that OWS is "anarchists" gets a LMAO! I thought you or one of the other right wing drones claimed they were Nazis?
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Apparently Amnesty International was "sensationalizing and basically falsifying the treatment of PFC Manning" when it condemned as "inhumane" the conditions he was held under. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/24/amnesty-international-condemns-inhumane-treatment-bradley-manning/

They concluded:

The conditions un ...[text shortened]... g/en/library/asset/AMR51/006/2011/en/df463159-5ba2-416a-8b98-d52df0dc817a/amr510062011en.pdf
    Amnesty international is full of crap. Why did you not post what they said was mistreatment no.1 ?

I will help you out.

1. He had to wear a coarse gown in his cell. Thats so he does not hurt himself. Basically a suicide watch. Obviously, he expressed he was depressed upon entry to the facility during in-processing. Thats a sure way this order comes about.

2. He was forced to stand nude at least once where he was in view of other inmates. Well, my heart just bleeds for PFC Manning. Welcome to Prison son !

You and amnesty international are so worried about his treatment in the joint ? You say are from N.Y. Are you and A.I. going to Comstock, Clinton,Sullivan, Attica,etc and complaining about the treatment of these inmates ? He is being handled with kid gloves compared to what they go through on a daily basis.
    Forced nudity! Give me a break !
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This great nation was designed to be a progressive utopia, not the brutal police state you crave. The instances of police brutality directed at the OWS demonstrators is well documented; much of it is on youtube if you'd open your eyes.

The idea that OWS is "anarchists" gets a LMAO! I thought you or one of the other right wing drones claimed they were Nazis?
    Designed to be a progressive utopia ?! Thats a good one no.1 !!!!πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  13. Standard memberskipper2666
    Why so serious ????
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 18:222 edits
    [b]I love the name of the site... "Common dreams, building a progressive community"

The article starts off with...
    "US citizens of all political persuasions are still reeling from images of unparallelled police brutality in a coordinated crackdown against peaceful OWS protesters in cities across the nation this past week."

Lets stop right wn, hauled off to jail.

The cops are doing their JOBS. What we pay them For !
    [/b]
    This was the actual story that I was wanting comments on

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/14/scott-olsen-first-statement-occupy-oakland

or this one

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20111105/WIRE/111109721/1033/news?Title=Second-Iraq-war-vet-hurt-during-Oakland-protests-
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 18:39
    Designed to be a progressive utopia ?! Thats a good one no.1 !!!!πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    That's the 'pursuit of happiness' part - happiness conceived as continually improving quality of life, rather than something to be hunted down and shot.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 18:49
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    That's the 'pursuit of happiness' part - happiness conceived as continually improving quality of life, rather than something to be hunted down and shot.
    No. Absolutely not. That is not the definition of the "progressive" aka "liberal"agenda is in America.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree