1. Standard memberskipper2666
    Why so serious ????
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 18:53
    Originally posted by skipper2666
    This was the actual story that I was wanting comments on

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/14/scott-olsen-first-statement-occupy-oakland

or this one

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20111105/WIRE/111109721/1033/news?Title=Second-Iraq-war-vet-hurt-during-Oakland-protests-
    Come on Utherpendragon, stop avoiding the question.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 18:55
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    No. Absolutely not. That is not the definition of the "progressive" aka "liberal"agenda is in America.
    Oh, you mean the imago parasites, brain-harvesting and all that? I was just going with the conventional meaning of 'progressive'.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:01
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Oh, you mean the imago parasites, brain-harvesting and all that? I was just going with the conventional meaning of 'progressive'.
    exactly. πŸ˜‰
  4. Standard memberskipper2666
    Why so serious ????
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:011 edit
    This was the actual story that I was wanting comments on

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/14/scott-olsen-first-statement-occupy-oakland

or this one

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20111105/WIRE/111109721/1033/news?Title=Second-Iraq-war-vet-hurt-during-Oakland-protests-

5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:13
    Amnesty international is full of crap. Why did you not post what they said was mistreatment no.1 ?

I will help you out.

1. He had to wear a coarse gown in his cell. Thats so he does not hurt himself. Basically a suicide watch. Obviously, he expressed he was depressed upon entry to the facility during in-processing. Thats a sure way this order c ...[text shortened]... kid gloves compared to what they go through on a daily basis.
    Forced nudity! Give me a break !
    Please provide a link showing that those were the only complaints lodged by AI concerning Manning's solitary confinement.

I'll help you out: you're a liar.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:24
    Whats the question ? Are we heading towards a police state ? Because a few commie progressive lib rioters get beat down ? No.

Are we heading towards a police state because are rights are being systematically taken away ? Such as the continual assault on our right to bear arms ? Our rights to privacy and freedom from illegal search and seizures ? Freedom of speech ? Freedom from government intrusion into nearly every aspect of our lives. Excessive taxation ? Eminent domain ? Forced to buy health insurance ? Redistribution of wealth ? Ect,etc,etc ? Yes!

You people are just waking up and smelling the coffee now ? Because some out of work/ give me a hand out scum bag progressives start riots, get in the cops face and gets beat down for it ? Thats signs of a police state ? Bull crap ! Thats been going on for atleast 100 years. You buck on the cops, you get beat down. Thats just common sense.

You need to focus on all the other things I have mentioned. Thats where there are the signs of a totalitarian state are. Not this. The cops are just doing there jobs the best they can.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:28
    Designed to be a progressive utopia ?! Thats a good one no.1 !!!!πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    “The happy Union of these States is a wonder; their Constitution a miracle; their example the hope of Liberty throughout the world” – James Madison

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch7s27.html
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:301 edit
    Whats the question ? Are we heading towards a police state ? Because a few commie progressive lib rioters get beat down ? No.

Are we heading towards a police state because are rights are being systematically taken away ? Such as the continual assault on our right to bear arms ? Our rights to privacy and freedom from illegal search and seizures ? Fr ...[text shortened]... gns of a totalitarian state are. Not this. The cops are just doing there jobs the best they can.
    So the cops attacking people is no problem, but to propose slightly higher taxes on the wealthy means we're headed for a totalitarian state?

You've been very effectively brainwashed (not that it would require much detergent to wash such a small area).
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    “The happy Union of these States is a wonder; their Constitution a miracle; their example the hope of Liberty throughout the world” – James Madison

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch7s27.html
    Thats not what progressives want.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:40
    Hopefully this doesn't turn into riots and/or cops getting shot.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Please provide a link showing that those were the only complaints lodged by AI concerning Manning's solitary confinement.

I'll help you out: you're a liar.
    No. I am not a liar. Nor a Nazi. Nor any other name you decide to call me.
    YOU brought up AI. Not me. And you conveniently left out what the actual allegations were. If YOU got something different then what I provided to help out your apparent memory loss then produce it !
    Calling me names is not doing much for your case.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:43
    They want to TEAR DOWN AMERICA!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:451 edit
    No. I am not a liar. Nor a Nazi. Nor any other name you decide to call me.
    YOU brought up AI. Not me. And you conveniently left out what the actual allegations were. If YOU got something different then what I provided to help out your apparent memory loss then produce it !
    Calling me names is not doing much for your case.
    Read the link I provided, dimwit.

EDIT: I guess it's too difficult for you to figure out how to use a link. Here's the letter in full:

Dear Secretary of Defense
    I am writing to express concern about the conditions under which Private First Class (PFC) Bradley
    Manning is detained at the Quantico Marine Corps Base in Virginia.
    We are informed that, since July 2010, PFC Manning has been confined for 23 hours a day to a single
    cell, measuring around 72 square feet (6.7 square metres) and equipped only with a bed, toilet and
    sink. There is no window to the outside, the only view being on to a corridor through the barred doors
    of his cell. All meals are taken in his cell, which we are told has no chair or table. He has no
    association or contact with other pre-trial detainees and he is allowed to exercise, alone, for just one
    hour a day, in a day-room or outside. He has access to a television which is placed in the corridor for
    limited periods of the day. However, he is reportedly not permitted to keep personal possessions in his
    cell, apart from one book and magazine at a time. Although he may write and receive correspondence,
    writing is allowed only at an allotted time during the day and he is not allowed to keep such materials
    in his cell.
    We understand that PFC Manning’s restrictive conditions of confinement are due to his classification as
    a maximum custody detainee. This classification also means that – unlike medium security detainees
    –- he is shackled at the hands and legs during approved social and family visits, despite all such visits
    at the facility being non-contact. He is also shackled during attorney visits at the facility. We further
    understand that PFC Manning, as a maximum custody detainee, is denied the opportunity for a work
    assignment which would allow him to be out of his cell for most of the day. The United Nations (UN)
    Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners (SMR), which are internationally recognized
    guiding principles, provide inter alia that “Untried prisoners shall always be offered opportunity to
    work” should they wish to undertake such activity (SMR Section C, rule 89).
    PFC Manning is also being held under a Prevention of Injury (POI) assignment, which means that he is
    subjected to further restrictions. These include checks by guards every five minutes and a bar on his
    sleeping during the day. He is required to remain visible at all times, including during night checks.
    His POI status has resulted in his being deprived of sheets and a separate pillow, causing
    uncomfortable sleeping conditions; his discomfort is reportedly exacerbated by the fact that he is
    required to sleep only in boxer shorts and has suffered chafing of his bare skin from the blankets.
    We are concerned that no formal reasons have been provided to PFC Manning for either his maximum
    security classification or the POI assignment and that efforts by his counsel to challenge these
    assignments through administrative procedures have thus far failed to elicit a response. We are further
    concerned that he reportedly remains under POI despite a recommendation by the military psychiatrist
    overseeing his treatment that such an assignment is no longer necessary.

Amnesty International recognizes that it may sometimes be necessary to segregate prisoners for
    disciplinary or security purposes. However, the restrictions imposed in PFC Manning’s case appear to
    be unnecessarily harsh and punitive, in view of the fact that he has no history of violence or disciplinary
    infractions and that he is a pre-trial detainee not yet convicted of any offence.
    The conditions under which PFC Manning is held appear to breach the USA’s obligations under
    international standards and treaties, including Article 10 of the International Covenant on Civil and
    Political Rights (ICCPR) which the USA ratified in 1992 and which states that “all persons deprived of
    their liberty shall be treated with humanity and with respect for the inherent dignity of the human
    person”. The UN Human Rights Committee, the ICCPR monitoring body, has noted in its General
    Comment on Article 10 that persons deprived of their liberty may not be “subjected to any hardship or
    constraint other than that resulting from the deprivation of liberty; respect for the dignity of such
    persons must be guaranteed under the same conditions as for that of free persons …”.
    The harsh conditions imposed on PFC Manning also undermine the principle of the presumption of
    innocence, which should be taken into account in the treatment of any person under arrest or awaiting
    trial. We are concerned that the effects of isolation and prolonged cellular confinement – which
    evidence suggests can cause psychological impairment, including depression, anxiety and loss of
    concentration – may, further, undermine his ability to assist in his defence and thus his right to a fair
    trial.
    In view of the concerns raised, we urge you to review the conditions under which PFC Manning is
    confined at the Quantico naval brig and take effective measures to ensure that he is no longer held in
    23 hour cellular confinement or subjected to other undue restrictions.
    Yours sincerely,
    Susan Lee
    Program Director
    Americas Regional Program

AI has been quite consistent in complaining of such treatment of prisoners in other countries; the US should not get a pass.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:48
    They want to reduce the power and influence of an elite that have no concern for the welfare of the vast majority of the American people (or anybody else but themselves).

So did the Framers.
  15. Standard memberskipper2666
    Why so serious ????
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 19:541 edit
    Thanks Utherpendragon for clearing this part up----

Are we heading towards a police state because are rights are being systematically taken away ? Such as the continual assault on our right to bear arms ? Our rights to privacy and freedom from illegal search and seizures ? Freedom of speech ? Freedom from government intrusion into nearly every aspect of our lives. Excessive taxation ? Eminent domain ? Forced to buy health insurance ? Redistribution of wealth ? Ect,etc,etc ? Yes!

Now everyone! what about our War Vets being beaten the hell out of?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree