1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 23:56
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    You just have a bizarre attitude concerning the money in your pocket. Money that wouldn't exist without a society. Money that comes into your pocket, goes out, and comes in again. This thread wasn't really set up to provide blinkered foreign Randians a platform to come tell Americans how they should get their medical care. But hey, fire away, it is a "debate forum" after all...
    The thread was set up so we could all hear how you know better than us how we should live our lives.

How you'd like to dish out 'responsibilities' because you are somehow more qualified to do that.
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 00:05
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    The thread was set up so we could all hear how you know better than us how we should live our lives.

How you'd like to dish out 'responsibilities' because you are somehow more qualified to do that.
    You want to drag every thread you can into a quagmire about how -- boo-hoo, poor Wajoma -- everyone wants to make you do stuff that you don't want to do. Even no-brainer stuff like health care for people and other basic staples of a modern, civilized democratic society. YOU don't want to hear it.

Hey everyone: forget universal health care. Wajoma doesn't want it because a peanut-sized payroll deduction offends his individualist sensibilities; but rejoice, for he grants us leave to set up our own health care system without his participation, with the implicit understanding that if he should become gravely ill and needs a $200,000 operation, it will be given to him regardless of his ability to pay. Huzzah!

Hey everyone: forget about requiring all drivers to have auto insurance, because Wajoma...

Hey everyone: forget about roads and bridges. Because Wajoma.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 00:09

The last time I checked I wasn't telling anyone in New Zealand how they should be living their lives.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 00:25

Wajoma doesn't want it because a peanut-sized payroll deduction offends his individualist sensibilities
    Now we're getting somewhere, if it's 'peanut sized' you'll be happy to pay mine for me, and I invite anyone that doesn't agree with Soothfasts' commandments to send Soothfast an invoice for their peanut.

Going to put your money where the oversized mouth is Soothfast?
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 01:17

Wajoma doesn't want it because a peanut-sized payroll deduction offends his individualist sensibilities.
    BTW, when you take into account all the sin taxes (taxes for doing bad) income tax, gst (tax for doing good) land rates, duties etc those peanuts add up to about half my working life, in a 6 day week I spend the first three days working for the guvamint, it's great news that you'll be taking over my 'peanuts', thanks.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 01:57
    Hey everyone: forget about requiring all drivers to have auto insurance, because Wajoma...

Did you know millions of people live in countries where compulsory auto insurance is not a requirement and 'society' didn't collapse yet?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 02:48
    Now we're getting somewhere, if it's 'peanut sized' you'll be happy to pay mine for me, and I invite anyone that doesn't agree with Soothfasts' commandments to send Soothfast an invoice for their peanut.

no he won't. you will pay your own peanut. because you drive on everyone's roads not on the ones you built. because the police comes to your house because everyone's peanuts paid for them. because at one time, you received an education out of someone else's peanuts who didn't get anything back immediately because 7 year old wajoma learned to read and write, just a promise that he will grow up to be a productive member of society and maybe pay for their pensions.

because you too will become old and unproductive and we won't let you die like a dog in a ditch.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 03:14
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    just a promise that he will grow up to be a productive member of society and maybe pay for their pensions.

9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 03:26

The "peanuts" that a typical US family would pay to get Medicare would offset the dump trucks of gourmet pecans it was formerly sending to a private insurance company to pay off annual premiums and deductibles.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 03:34
    The "peanuts" that a typical US family would pay to get Medicare would offset the dump trucks of gourmet pecans it was formerly sending to a private insurance company to pay off annual premiums and deductibles.
    That's why you should get together with your mates and form your own non-profit voluntary organization, rather than whining for more guvamint which get's inflicted on everyone. And you'll be offering a far superior product to the insurance companies.

Win win
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 03:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 03:522 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    A non-profit private insurance company, which is very difficult to launch, would be turfed out by the established for-profit insurance companies. It's even happening now:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/257165-two-more-obamacare-non-profit-insurers-to-close

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-28/obamacare-s-co-op-plans-are-failing-predictably

To be sure, this is why insurance companies in the US don't want the government to offer a "public option": because they cannot turf out the government, and they wouldn't be able to jack up premiums with impunity lest they cause all their customers to flee to the public option.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 04:06
    A non-profit private insurance company, which is very difficult to launch, would be turfed out by the established for-profit insurance companies. It's even happening now:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/257165-two-more-obamacare-non-profit-insurers-to-close

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-28/obamacare-s-co-op-plans-are-failing-pre ...[text shortened]... jack up premiums with impunity lest they cause all their customers to flee to the public option.
    So that's what I've been saying about deregulating and getting the guvamint out of the medical industry.

It's guvamint interference (driven to a large degree by lobbying from corporate interests interested in shutting out competition with state force) that is pushing prices up.

The goobermint broke it, and now you want the goobermint to fix it with more goobermint 🙄

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first to be bought and sold are the legislators." P J O'Rourke
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 04:07
    The main cause of bankruptcy in the U.S. is due to health care needs. Many of those individuals have insurance but still go bankrupt. http://www.giveforward.com/p/medical-bankruptcy
    Hospitals and pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. are ripping off the public big time. I never cease to be amazed by stupid conservatives who actually think the folks who run big corporations are to be trusted to do what is in our country's best interest or in the best interest of the people more than those individuals elected to run the government.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 04:13
    Originally posted by Phranny
    The main cause of bankruptcy in the U.S. is due to health care needs. Many of those individuals have insurance but still go bankrupt. http://www.giveforward.com/p/medical-bankruptcy
    Hospitals and pharmaceutical companies in the U.S. are ripping off the public big time. I never cease to be amazed by stupid conservatives who actually think the folks who run ...[text shortened]... or in the best interest of the people more than those individuals elected to run the government.
    Oh yeah I'm sure tax has nothing to do with people going bankrupt.

I never cease to be amazed by stupid liberals who actually think the folks who run big gubbmint are to be trusted to do what is in our country's best interest or in the best interest of the people more than those individuals who must provide value in their service or go out of business.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree