1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:48
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    SIgh, this is what happens when you have nothing.

Rather than 'what is right, what is wrong'.

No1's amazing insight comes to: That's what some majic percentage of people greater than 50.001% think.

Hooray for No1.

If 99.99% people want to get together and enjoy a UHC amongst themselves then that is what they should, if .01% people don't want to be a part of it...

...leave them alone.
    .01 shouldn't make the rules for the other 99.99 nor should they be exempt from them.

Moral right is not on the side of those who would condemn millions to an early death for personal reasons of selfishness.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    .01 shouldn't make the rules for the other 99.99 nor should they be exempt from them.

Moral right is not on the side of those who would condemn millions to an early death for personal reasons of selfishness.
    .01% aren't making rules and they aren't condemning millions to death.

How are .01% people who are making no demands on you and, in turn, asking that you make no demands on them = condemning millions to death? 🙄

More and more desperate by the minute.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And yet people like you would deny this to women, specifically.
    Will we see an ounce of integrity from Suzianne, when she apologises and retracts this post.

Nope.

Not holding my breath.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:56
    Will we see an ounce of integrity from Suzianne, when she apologises and retracts this post.

Nope.

Not holding my breath.
    surprisingly, there are other female health issues besides abortion.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:58
    No you are not. Taking money from me and then spending it on state mandated healthcare that I do not proscribe to, agree with, believe in, then saying 'take it or leave it' is taking away the freedom for me to invest in my own healthcare as I see fit.

You've reduced my ability to decide my own healthcare.

You blokes speak as if UHC comes free, the guva ...[text shortened]... re not having any choice in the product you're receiving, or the waiting list you're sitting on.
    "just that you're not having any choice in the product you're receiving, or the waiting list you're sitting on"

so there is no private healthcare in canada/denmark/france/germany? you couldn't just go to any clinic you want, pay for services?
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:58
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    surprisingly, there are other female health issues besides abortion.
    You're going to speak for Suzianne, that's great.

If it weren't about abortion can you please explain where I have made any distinction between the sexes when it comes to the philosophy of freedom.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 09:00
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "just that you're not having any choice in the product you're receiving, or the waiting list you're sitting on"

so there is no private healthcare in canada/denmark/france/germany? you couldn't just go to any clinic you want, pay for services?
    dolt boy, my ability to purchase the service of my choice has been debilitated by being forced to purchase a product I want no part of.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 09:08
    .01% aren't making rules and they aren't condemning millions to death.

How are .01% people who are making no demands on you and, in turn, asking that you make no demands on them = condemning millions to death? 🙄

More and more desperate by the minute.
    Of course they are: they are insisting on a principle that would make an orderly society impossible i.e, the "right" for anyone to opt out of any societal rules they don't like. They are demanding that democracy doesn't apply to them.

They may demand this if they like, but they need not be given a veto over or exemption from laws of general application. If the principles of democratic society are so offensive to them, they should leave.

Your position is dishonest; you recognize your taxes pay in part for universal healthcare but at the same time try to claim that withholding said taxes will not have averse effects on those relying on that system. This is transparent nonsense; accept that the consequences of your position if accepted would be many unnecessary deaths.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 09:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Of course they are: they are insisting on a principle that would make an orderly society impossible i.e, the "right" for anyone to opt out of any societal rules they don't like. They are demanding that democracy doesn't apply to them.

They may demand this if they like, but they need not be given a veto over or exemption from laws of general applicati ...[text shortened]... nse; accept that the consequences of your position if accepted would be many unnecessary deaths.
    No longer millions haha.

The thread is specifically about healthcare, .01% aren't going to break the system.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 09:34
    You're going to speak for Suzianne, that's great.

If it weren't about abortion can you please explain where I have made any distinction between the sexes when it comes to the philosophy of freedom.
    "If it weren't about abortion can you please explain where I have made any distinction between the sexes when it comes to the philosophy of freedom"
    i don't care yet. i just wanted to be sure that you are aware women have other health care issues as well, not just abortion. if you are aware, move on.

i already know you don't want to give healthcare to people who can't afford it.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 09:371 edit
    dolt boy, my ability to purchase the service of my choice has been debilitated by being forced to purchase a product I want no part of.
    you weren't forced to buy a product you want no part of, you were forced to pay taxes because you live in a society. then the majority (elected officials) decided that some of that tax money will pay for the healthcare of your fellow human beings because it is the fukin right thing to do.

if your feeble intellect panics at the thought that you paid for healthcare you don't want, imagine all the tax money in a big pile, the exact bills you paid are at the bottom and the "healthcare thiefs" got their money first. you are paying for the roads you always wanted to drive on.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 13:01
    No longer millions haha.

The thread is specifically about healthcare, .01% aren't going to break the system.
    Say the taxes of those .01 paid for enough of a specific medicine that could save 10 children's lives and without those taxes they would die.

Is it still "wrong" for the People's democratically elected representatives not to exempt these .01 from paying their healthcare tax like everyone else must?
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 13:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Obama care pushed it even further toward fascism.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 13:49
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Obama care pushed it even further toward fascism.
    yes, that's a totally reasonable exaggeration.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 14:02
    What if I want to purchase a different (or less) protection against force and fraud than you do? Would you be fine with me paying less taxes because I feel that (for instance) there should be fewer police officers? Or would you be in favour of the government forcing me to contribute to the government services you like?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree