1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 13:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Stop it!

Do you want to see Obama cry again? After all, he just fixed health care.
    yes, one man only slightly improved a broken system, partly because the republicans opposed him on every turn so there is absolutely no point in ever trying again?

is that about right?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 14:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, one man only slightly improved a broken system, partly because the republicans opposed him on every turn so there is absolutely no point in ever trying again?

is that about right?
    Well you kids did such a great job this go round go ahead and do whatever you feel is best. 😛
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 15:28
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    There's nothing stopping all those that 'want it' from forming and funding their own UHC organization. Probably the aspect that is not attractive to you about this scenario is that you don't get to force your 'ideal' on those that don't believe in it.

I think what you're angling at, that your agenda lurking just below the surface of your whining is, is y ...[text shortened]... for the goobermint to provide this.

1/ Raise taxes
    2/ Print more money
    3/ Borrow more money
    Uh... or redirect spending. Like stop bombing little foreign people you can't point out on a map...
    Or stop funding organisations which turn terrorist...

Or force political candidates to spend 80% of their campaign funds on health care.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 21:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Wajoma apparently feels that humans should have the same type of healthcare as is received by hamsters and goldfish.
    I'm fine with it.

This occurred to me when two incidents happened in parallel, both required a couple of stiches, one required a 40 min drive, a 3 hour wait and cost $800 the other was done locally and cost 1/6th of that.

I know No1 you're such a fan of control and regulation it grates when you see what it costs.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 22:14
    I'm fine with it.

This occurred to me when two incidents happened in parallel, both required a couple of stiches, one required a 40 min drive, a 3 hour wait and cost $800 the other was done locally and cost 1/6th of that.

I know No1 you're such a fan of control and regulation it grates when you see what it costs.
    And then there are situations like this:

http://gawker.com/5862659/cement-and-glue-butt-injection-doctor-was-a-job-creator
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 07:37
    I'm fine with it.

It's really not a sign of economic efficiency that the demand curve for the health care of one's pet turtle is more income elastic than the demand curve for the health care of one's six year old is.

I know you are content with millions dying from easily treated conditions and diseases merely to maintain an arbitrary division of economic resources but such a result is contrary to Man's most basic Nature.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 07:43
    It's really not a sign of economic efficiency that the demand curve for the health care of one's pet turtle is more income elastic than the demand curve for the health care of one's six year old is.

I know you are content with millions dying from easily treated conditions and diseases merely to maintain an arbitrary division of economic resources but such a result is contrary to Man's most basic Nature.
    All those that believe in your ideal will sign up to your voluntary scheme tout de suite.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 07:51
    All those that believe in your ideal will sign up to your voluntary scheme tout de suite.
    The majority of societies already have signed up for universal healthcare.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 07:541 edit
    The majority of societies already have signed up for universal healthcare.
    I'm referring to individuals signing for themselves, making their own decisions on how to care for their own most personal possession, their body.

Hands off my body No1, invites only.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:10
    I'm referring to individuals signing for themselves, making their own decisions on how to care for their own most personal possession, their body.

No you are not. Individuals remain completely free to make decisions over their own body under universal health care. You are intent on denying those choices to millions who lack sufficient economic resources, however.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:232 edits
    No you are not. Individuals remain completely free to make decisions over their own body under universal health care. You are intent on denying those choices to millions who lack sufficient economic resources, however.
    No you are not. Taking money from me and then spending it on state mandated healthcare that I do not proscribe to, agree with, believe in, then saying 'take it or leave it' is taking away the freedom for me to invest in my own healthcare as I see fit.

You've reduced my ability to decide my own healthcare.

You blokes speak as if UHC comes free, the guvamint just majics it up. They can't give anything without taking it first, you're paying for it anyway, just that you're not having any choice in the product you're receiving, or the waiting list you're sitting on.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:27
    No you are not. Taking money from me and then spending it on state mandated healthcare that I do not proscribe to, agree with, believe in, then saying 'take it or leave it' is taking away the freedom for me to invest in my own healthcare as I see fit.

You've reduced my ability to decide my own healthcare.

You blokes speak as if UHC comes free, the guva ...[text shortened]... re not having any choice in the product you're receiving, or the waiting list you're sitting on.
    If you find the decision of the freely elected representatives of the People in your society not to allow millions to die of untreated conditions and diseases so objectionable, you should leave it.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:313 edits
    If you find the decision of the freely elected representatives of the People in your society not to allow millions to die of untreated conditions and diseases so objectionable, you should leave it.
    SIgh, this is what happens when you have nothing.

Rather than 'what is right, what is wrong'.

No1's amazing insight comes to: That's what some majic percentage of people greater than 50.001% think.

Hooray for No1.

If 99.99% people want to get together and enjoy a UHC amongst themselves then that is what they should, if .01% people don't want to be a part of it...

...leave them alone.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:391 edit

And yet people like you would deny this to women, specifically.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 08:411 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And yet people like you would deny this to women, specifically.
    What are you referring to?

Abortion?

You're wrong.

You can retract and/or apologise. Thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree