1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 02:56
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Stop worrying so much about gay issues parachuter. We accept you as you are choice or not. We don't need to spend money figuring out what makes you tic when we already know. It is obvious the true gays do not have a choice and the bisexuals do. The whole fat part of the study takes away credibility for me as I know a lot of skinny lesbians.
    So you (supposedly) knowing skinny lesbians trumps scientific studies that prove lesbians have a much higher obesity rate?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 03:201 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    So you (supposedly) knowing skinny lesbians trumps scientific studies that prove lesbians have a much higher obesity rate?
    Yes. The skinny ones I know must be satisfied in their relationships and have not used food to fill a void of need. If you are saying more lesbians are fat than women that are heterosexual I won't argue. Just saying it doesn't take a big study to figure it out. I know that runs contrary to your liberal way of thinking but we can think for ourselves you know.
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 03:41
    Yes. The skinny ones I know must be satisfied in their relationships and have not used food to fill a void of need. If you are saying more lesbians are fat than women that are heterosexual I won't argue. Just saying it doesn't take a big study to figure it out. I know that runs contrary to your liberal way of thinking but we can think for ourselves you know.
    We're both in full agreement that it goes against my liberal thinking to disagree with science.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 03:42
    We're both in full agreement that it goes against my liberal thinking to disagree with science.
    You are kinda smart then but do you agree we can think for ourselves?
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 03:53
    You are kinda smart then but do you agree we can think for ourselves?
    Of course we can but drawing the correct conclusions requires having an adequate amount of knowledge. I'm not going to disagree with the American Medical Association about the human heart, for example, simply because I can think for myself.
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 05:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's worth it if it leads to hotter lesbians.
    Thread winner. Right there.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/feds-spend-15-million-study-why-lesbians-are-fat

Stuff like this is why people don't want to raise taxes. Why give more money to people who waste it?
    You don't think that obesity in the US is worth studying?

Previous research has shown a link between male homosexuality and non-obesity and female homosexuality and obesity.

Researching this might find various factors which contribute or diminish obesity, in the long running saving millions of dollars on health-related spending.

Na. Best bomb some or other 3rd world nation and eat a bloody double whopper.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:33
    Originally posted by shavixmir

Previous research has shown a link between male homosexuality and non-obesity and female homosexuality and obesity.

Researching this might find various factors which contribute or diminish obesity, in the long running saving millions of dollars on health-related spending.

Eladar might come back and tell you that you may have made a good point here. But, I doubt it. With the trigger words for him and his OP probably being "lesbians" - and "taxes" - rather than "obesity", we probably need to bear in mind that Eladar once told the forum that he would not have a problem with the government of a country he was living in if it put homosexuals to death for being homosexuals. So I don't think 'what the research is into' is the real underlying issue for Eladar. Then again, I could have got it wrong, maybe he is adamantly against research into obesity. Perhaps he will clarify.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:39
    Of course we can but drawing the correct conclusions requires having an adequate amount of knowledge. I'm not going to disagree with the American Medical Association about the human heart, for example, simply because I can think for myself.
    Well then straighten up and fly right from now on. Cheerio
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:41
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/feds-spend-15-million-study-why-lesbians-are-fat

Stuff like this is why people don't want to raise taxes. Why give more money to people who waste it?
    And then there's the reality of what the study is actually about. Not that I expect you and several other posters on this thread to let the facts get in the way of what you want to believe. A worthwhile study would be to find out why so many, like you, choose to be willfully ignorant.

It's important to remember that nearly half of straight women are obese, too, and that the study is also figuring out why straight men are more often overweight than gay men:

[quote]It is now well-established that women of minority sexual orientation are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic, with nearly three-quarters of adult lesbians overweight or obese, compared to half of heterosexual women. In stark contrast, among men, heterosexual males have nearly double the risk of obesity compared to gay males. Despite clear evidence from descriptive epidemiologic research that sexual orientation and gender markedly pattern obesity disparities, there is almost no prospective, analytic epidemiologic research into the causes of these disparities.

http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=8324507&icde=15499915

All of which is to say, these headlines would have been accurate as the inverse: "Obama administration spends $1.5 million to figure out why straight men are fat." Or: "Obama administration spends $1.5 million to figure out why gay men have rocking bodies." Or perhaps: "America is overweight (except for gay men?) and scientists are trying to determine why."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/03/nih-lesbian-fat-study/63007/
    [/quote]
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 15:23
    Why waste the money on any kind of study like this at all?

Is the budget balanced? Do we have the extra money to spend on something as trivial as this? I guess you don't think it is right for people to question how it is that the government is spending the money the government is taking from us and from future generations of Americans.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 15:25
    Originally posted by shavixmir

I think that there should be a priority. Should you pay off the natinal debt or do a study? Pay off the national debt or spend money on something that isn't needed?

Yah I know, you'd choose to spend on things not needed.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 15:541 edit
    Yah I know, you'd choose to spend on things not needed.
    On what basis do you claim studies on obesity are "not needed"? Is it not one of the main health issues facing Americans?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 16:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    On what basis do you claim studies on obesity are "not needed"? Is it not one of the main health issues facing Americans?
    On the basis that we can't afford it. A need is something that is acutally needed, not a want.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 16:20
    On the basis that we can't afford it. A need is something that is acutally needed, not a want.
    A restricted supply of money does not mean it is "not needed". What are the costs down the road of not tackling obesity? Why not make cuts to parts of the military expenditure that can be shown to be "not needed" whilst still being able to defend the US.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree