1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 22:40
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What is your concept of warfighting? Throw your bullets at the bad guys? Harsh language? (Probably not...) Speaking to the enemy in a firm voice?

You're the most sensitive Ranger I've ever heard of.
    Hilarious considering of the two of us I'm the only one who's actually been in combat.

BTW, I never claimed to be a Ranger.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 22:53
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The fact is that the study isn't "so narrowly crafted". What WAS "so narrowly crafted" was the thread title, the OP and the source cited in the OP.

As I posted earlier:
    It's important to remember that nearly half of straight women are obese, too, and that the study is also figuring out why straight men are more often overweight than gay men:
    ...[text shortened]... p://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/03/nih-lesbian-fat-study/63007/
    So, might it be logical to find other than physical reasons for the differences in obesity?

It sticks out like a sore thumb to me, that it is the gay man who wants to be attractive to other men who stays in shape. Straight women, who also have to appeal to men aren't as afflicted with obesity. Seems as if the real factor here is the superficiality of men, gay or straight, who make judgements on attractiveness on body shape and fitness.

Those who rely on attracting women, obviously less superficial, gay women and straight men don't have to worry about being fat.

Motivational factors explain much that never is revealed in clinical studies.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 22:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In order to reduce the deficit? Of course. Don't be silly. I think there should be steps taken to reduce spending on the major entitlement programmes. But I don't think the necessary political courage is available among the current U.S. leadership.
    I partly agree with "But I don't think the necessary political courage is available among the current U.S. leadership."

At this juncture, political courage may be equal to political suicide, because so few people are willing to forgo whatever the benefit they get from government. Citizens have been pandered to by politicians for so long, they have come to expect and rely on it.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 00:501 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    So, might it be logical to find other than physical reasons for the differences in obesity?

It sticks out like a sore thumb to me, that it is the gay man who wants to be attractive to other men who stays in shape. Straight women, who also have to appeal to men aren't as afflicted with obesity. Seems as if the real factor here is the superficiality o ut being fat.

Let's see, just a post ago you were clueless enough about the facts of the study to have posted the following:
    If the object were to study obesity, why would the study be so narrowly crafted. Are there similar studies necessary for gay men, hetero men? On and on we go.

There doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that you don't remain just as clueless and are therefore unfit to ascertain the possible benefits of the study.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 00:54
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Let's see, just a post ago you were clueless enough about the facts of the study to have posted the following:
    If the object were to study obesity, why would the study be so narrowly crafted. Are there similar studies necessary for gay men, hetero men? On and on we go.

There doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that you don't remain just as clueless and are therefore unfit to ascertain the possible benefits of the study.
    It could well be, as this thread is just a lark to me. I responded to the thread title not the link posted. Do you disagree with my observations on men's seeming superficiality compared to women's.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 11:00
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Hilarious considering of the two of us I'm the only one who's actually been in combat.

Don't get sensitive parachuter. We know you were in combat. We know.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 16:00
    Originally posted by normbenign

It sticks out like a sore thumb to me, that it is the gay man who wants to be attractive to other men who stays in shape. Straight women, who also have to appeal to men aren't as afflicted with obesity. Seems as if the real factor here is the superficiality o ...[text shortened]... ut being fat.

Superficial? On the surface it may appear to be, but think about our evolutionary drive. It is to find the best mate possible so we instinctively are attracted to people that appear to be healthy.

Stop being superficial!! 😠

Oh, I forgot, your a guy. 😛
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 16:161 edit
    Was that just to study fat American lesbians or worldwide lesbians? Either way it's not much per lesbian is it? How many fat lesbians are there anyway? Has anyone done that study?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 18:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/feds-spend-15-million-study-why-lesbians-are-fat

Stuff like this is why people don't want to raise taxes. Why give more money to people who waste it?
    I guess the much better money was spent in 1943 in the pursuit of the atomic bomb. Lets see, that was a few billion bucks, probably more like a trillion in today's dollar. A MUCH better investment for sure.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 18:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I guess the much better money was spent in 1943 in the pursuit of the atomic bomb. Lets see, that was a few billion bucks, probably more like a trillion in today's dollar. A MUCH better investment for sure.
    Nice. You try to rationalize waste by saying that the government was even more irresponsible with money when it developed nukes. Side step the question and ignore the waste. Whatever makes you feel good as you support those who run our country into the ground.

We should all be like Greece!
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '13 18:12
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Nice. You try to rationalize waste by saying that the government was even more irresponsible with money when it developed nukes. Side step the question and ignore the waste. Whatever makes you feel good as you support those who run our country into the ground.

We should all be like Greece!
    Nah. Do what they're (the government) doing in Cyprus. "Grab", up to 10% of what each citizen has in their bank accounts. Now that novel.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 15:15
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

You're saying you've never been around the world and back again?

You've never killed commies just for me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree