1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 13:53
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Yes. If you're going to run away from substance and resort to ad hominems by insulting my intelligence you might want to actually spell your insults correctly.

Ok, Ok, you're right. I bow down your ability to be an internet troll. I'm SO "embarassed."
    You said I implied pollies had no power.

I asked you "Where did I imply that?"

Your best course of action would have been let it go, no one would have thought more nor less about it. The next best thing would have been to fess up. It's such a small mistake and now you've built it into very embarassing situation for yourself.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:00
    It IS a position of power, period. There are many sectors of public service that involve all different kinds of power.

Politicians affect legislation that affects our lives.

Police officers have the power of arrest.

The military yields massive amounts of lethal force

The FDA has the power to decide what drugs and foods can be legally sold.

The list goes on.
    It is a position of power, but does that mean we want people in those positions as having power. I do not like the fact that polticians have become the new class.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:01
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    I don't doubt that's the way many pollies see their position i.e. in power. Any person who aspires to be a polly and get their hands on the reins of power should be automatically disqualified from that position.
    Exactly.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:04
    You said I implied pollies had no power.

I asked you "Where did I imply that?"

Your best course of action would have been let it go, no one would have thought more nor less about it. The next best thing would have been to fess up. It's such a small mistake and now you've built it into very embarassing situation for yourself.
    Opining politicians should not be given power IS implying they don't already have it.

All the boasting in the world about how I'm (misspelled) "embarassing" myself isn't going to change that fact. Neither will any other smokescreen you undoubtedly will try to throw at me.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:13
    Opining politicians should not be given power IS implying they don't already have it.

All the boasting in the world about how I'm (misspelled) "embarassing" myself isn't going to change that fact. Neither will any other smokescreen you undoubtedly will try to throw at me.
    The only power they have is what we give them. When they take a mile after we've given them an inch, it is about time we excercise our right given to us by the right to bear arms.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:141 edit

This is utterly ludicrous that you keep pursuing this.

People might vote away their right to make choices regarding their own health care. They vote that decision into the hands of pollies, the pollies then have that power to force that on people that did not vote for them.

That's not to say the pollies had no power before to make a whole bunch of other decisions for people that didn't vote for them.

The amount of power is not quantified in the quote.

So once again I ask; "Where did I imply pollies had no power?"
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The only power they have is what we give them. When they take a mile after we've given them an inch, it is about time we excercise our right given to us by the right to bear arms.
    Go for it.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Go for it.
    Eventually we might, although I doubt it.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:23
    Eventually we might, although I doubt it.
    If you expect an armed revolution because the government has adopted programs that endorse universal health insurance or regulate the financial sector more closely or even raise the rich's taxes a wee bit (though still leaving them far below historical levels) then I'm sure you're going to be disappointed.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you expect an armed revolution because the government has adopted programs that endorse universal health insurance or regulate the financial sector more closely or even raise the rich's taxes a wee bit (though still leaving them far below historical levels) then I'm sure you're going to be disappointed.
    You are such an idiot. Go back and read the first post. I think I'll rename you no1moron.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:49
    This is utterly ludicrous that you keep pursuing this.

People might vote away their right to make choices regarding their own health care. They vote that decision into the hands of pollies, the pollies then have that power to force that on people that did not vote for them.

That's not to say the pollies had no power before to make a whole bunch of othe ...[text shortened]... t quantified in the quote.

So once again I ask; "Where did I imply pollies had no power?"
    Guess who's actually casting the votes to decide issues involving healhcare. The politicians.

Yes, in a Democratic Republic we vote for our politicians. But once candidates become politicians, guess what.... they already HAVE the powers granted to them in the Constitution. From that point there is nothing you can do to "give" them more power than they already have. The power they have is already defined in the Constitution.

At best you can protest or try to influence them, put the power is already in their hands.
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:51
    You are such an idiot. Go back and read the first post. I think I'll rename you no1moron.
    Sorry, dude. As much as I can't stand no1 - an "armed revolt" because you don't like taxes or laws passed through the legislative process as outlined in the Constitution is absurd.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:531 edit
    Sorry, dude. As much as I can't stand no1 - an "armed revolt" because you don't like taxes or laws passed through the legislative process as outlined in the Constitution is absurd.
    Go back and see what I said and see how no1moron framed it. You'ved been duped, but seeing as you are a lefty it is easy to see why.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 14:54
    Guess who's actually casting the votes to decide issues involving healhcare. The politicians.

Yes, in a Democratic Republic we vote for our politicians. But once candidates become politicians, guess what.... they already HAVE the powers granted to them in the Constitution. From that point there is nothing you can do to "give" them more power th ...[text shortened]... est you can protest or try to influence them, put the power is already in their hands.
    You poor sap.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 15:02
    Wajoma only has two ideas: (1) Ayn Rand was an important philosopher, and (2) People must be insulted if they don't agree with Wajoma's One Idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree