1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 01:20
    Who or what can save the Democrats now? Mr. Sanders perhaps?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 01:221 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Who or what can save the Democrats now?
    Four years of Trump.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 01:36
    Originally posted by vivify
    Four years of Trump.
    yes but what for the Democratic party, what do they do now?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 01:44
    Hopefully, work with Trump to improve the country, rather than be obstructionist a-holes like Reps were the last 8 years. Trump will get credited as a more effective president than Obama, since Dems have cared more about social improvements, and are more likely to compromise.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 02:451 edit
    Hopefully, work with Trump to improve the country, rather than be obstructionist a-holes like Reps were the last 8 years. Trump will get credited as a more effective president than Obama, since Dems have cared more about social improvements, and are more likely to compromise.
    Mr. Trump doesn't seem to me to be a typical Republican, he's more a Democrat in Republican clothing. Are the Democrats totally smashed? left in the lurch with little hope of recovery? Mr. Sanders could surely galvanise them, were there not record turnouts at his speeches?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 02:57
    Mr. Trump doesn't seem to me to be a typical Republican, he's more a Democrat in Republican clothing. Are the Democrats totally smashed? left in the lurch with little hope of recovery? Mr. Sanders could surely galvanise them, were there not record turnouts at his speeches?
    Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 03:08
    Who or what can save the Democrats now?
    Elizabeth Warren
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 03:13
    Paul Ryan was on Fox News pushing for the privatization of Medicare; doubt very much that seniors (who voted heavily for Republicans) will like that very much. We'll see if Trump goes along with the Congressional Republican agenda; if so, I suspect the Dems fortunes will rebound fairly quickly.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 03:19
    the political pendulum has swung right for now
    the country will survive
    it was not long ago when the republican party was in shambles
    4 years of trump might just save the dems
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 03:43
    I can remember back when Obama was elected and people said that Republicans need to change to get the WH again.

I don't think Hillary would have defeated any Republicans. It wasn't that the Republicans needed to change but they just needed to run against a bad enough opponent.

Obama was no Reagan. Reagan got Bush senior elected but Obama couldn't get Hillary elected.

If Trump can be a man for the people as Reagan was before he got shot, we will see Republicans in charge until an establishment type takes office.
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 05:062 edits
    The Democrats don't need saving. With Trump in the White House and the GOP in control of Congress, all the Democrats have to do, is sit on the sidelines, and wait for the political honeymoon to end. The population will soon discover Trump and Co. won't be able to keep even 20% of their lofty promises, and the mood of the country will swing in the other direction, since the GOP won't be able to blame the Democrats for their lack of progress. Trump and Co. is on a very short leash here. It should be interesting to watch. 😉
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 05:09
    Looks like they stir up people to burn down their own cities.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Nov '16 23:55
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Looks like they stir up people to burn down their own cities.
    With Soros paying for it all. LOL
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '16 01:22
    Four years of Trump.
    That may be all it takes to make this a one-party state. Republican, possibly relabeled.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    14 Nov '16 07:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Paul Ryan was on Fox News pushing for the privatization of Medicare; doubt very much that seniors (who voted heavily for Republicans) will like that very much. We'll see if Trump goes along with the Congressional Republican agenda; if so, I suspect the Dems fortunes will rebound fairly quickly.
    Surely it will be political suicide to repeal Medicare? Maybe this is Paul Ryan's payback: just push through extremely unpopular measures and force Trump to defend them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree