1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 16:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Obama just sent a bunch of troops to the border, didn't he? I'm sure Kyl doesn't think that is sufficient (actually neither do I) but obviously he has "taken steps to secure the border" prior to comprehensive immigration reform.

Does the fact that Kyl made this claim initially to a bunch of Tea Partiers rather than to the press corps make his claim less plausible?
    No, he has not sent them yet. That was another topic for discussion. Said he would, but has not acted.
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 16:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to last week's Ecomomist the U.S. border patrol has been doubled. Why on Earth would Obama say "I will not secure the border...". Kyl is probably the liar.
    He did not send the national Guard yet, as he stated he would....... But there is a group of unemployed Free lance border guards there now, with assault weapons. That is where we will see a huge problem. the first time one of these militia guys pops an illegal, or an illegal pops one of them?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 16:35
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    He did not send the national Guard yet, as he stated he would....... But there is a group of unemployed Free lance border guards there now, with assault weapons. That is where we will see a huge problem. the first time one of these militia guys pops an illegal, or an illegal pops one of them?
    OK so last week's Ecomomist was wrong to claim the U.S. border patrol had been doubled? I won't chase it down. Hugh Glass corrects The Economist's error. I'll take your word for it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 03:13
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I wonder if Kyl is lying,what could he possibly gain by doing so?
    Apparently Kyl was lying.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/07/01/transcript-of-obamas-immigration-speech/

What could he possibly gain by doing so? Attract Tea Party activists' votes?
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 03:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK so last week's Ecomomist was wrong to claim the U.S. border patrol had been doubled? I won't chase it down. Hugh Glass corrects The Economist's error. I'll take your word for it.
    http://www.kbtx.com/news/headlines/97357769.html
    At least according to this, they are not there yet. Kind of reminds me of the way he decided to send troops to Afghanistan........ slow sure, and les than required,, or asked for?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 03:26
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.kbtx.com/news/headlines/97357769.html
    At least according to this, they are not there yet. Kind of reminds me of the way he decided to send troops to Afghanistan........ slow sure, and les than required,, or asked for?
    According to the president: "Today, we have more boots on the ground near the Southwest border than at any time in our history. Let me repeat that: We have more boots on the ground on the Southwest border than at any time in our history. We doubled the personnel assigned to Border Enforcement Security Task Forces. We tripled the number of intelligence analysts along the border. For the first time, we’ve begun screening 100 percent of southbound rail shipments. And as a result, we’re seizing more illegal guns, cash and drugs than in years past. Contrary to some of the reports that you see, crime along the border is down. And statistics collected by Customs and Border Protection reflect a significant reduction in the number of people trying to cross the border illegally. "
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 14:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to the president: "Today, we have more boots on the ground near the Southwest border than at any time in our history. Let me repeat that: We have more boots on the ground on the Southwest border than at any time in our history. We doubled the personnel assigned to Border Enforcement Security Task Forces. We tripled the number of intelligence analysts a ...[text shortened]... eflect a significant reduction in the number of people trying to cross the border illegally. "
    the president is full of crap!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 15:19
    The Arizona senator[John Kyle] said that in a White House meeting with Barack Obama the president said he would not secure the border with Mexico until Congress moves on "comprehensive" immigration reform. Kyle, a Republican, quoted the president as saying that if he secures the border first, he'll never get Republicans on board for comprehensive refo ...[text shortened]... /dennis-byrne-barbershop/2010/06/whos-a-liar-sen-john-kyle-or-president-barack-obama.html
    Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible. So how then can they ever 'secure" the border?

Perhaps they should consult the Russians about a wall. LOL. Then again, what if someday they use the wall to keep us in? 😲
  9. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 16:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to the president: "Today, we have more boots on the ground near the Southwest border than at any time in our history. Let me repeat that: We have more boots on the ground on the Southwest border than at any time in our history. We doubled the personnel assigned to Border Enforcement Security Task Forces. We tripled the number of intelligence analysts a ...[text shortened]... eflect a significant reduction in the number of people trying to cross the border illegally. "
    and you believe him?
    Texas will get 75 more people.
    what was the security force in place at the Super Bowl? Numbers wise, VS arae to cover.
    I think we need the militia to step in with their .50 cal. Barretts. You scatter body parts all over the brush, and people hunker down like prairie dogs.

Lets all go to Bisbee.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 16:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible. So how then can they ever 'secure" the border?

Perhaps they should consult the Russians about a wall. LOL. Then again, what if someday they use the wall to keep us in? 😲
    Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible.-whodey

What happened to "yes we can"?
    Now, it's "No we can't" 😏
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 16:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible.
    You're misrepresenting what he said, again, whodey. Shame on you. Obama said that a fence and increased border patrols are not enough on their own. He did not say that a fence is impossible. Have you actually read the speech or only comment on it in blogosphere? If you have read the speech itself and now you tell us "Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible" then you are a liar. Sorry to be so blunt.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 19:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're misrepresenting what he said, again, whodey. Shame on you. Obama said that a fence and increased border patrols are not enough on their own. He did not say that a fence is impossible. Have you actually read the speech or only comment on it in blogosphere? If you have read the speech itself and now you tell us "Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible" then you are a liar. Sorry to be so blunt.
    No he is not.

Janet Napolitano, , is smashing the idea of a border wall, stating it would be too expensive, take too long to construct, and be ineffective once completed.

"You show me a 50-foot wall and I'll show you a 51-foot ladder at the border. That's the way the border works," Napolitano told the Associated Press.

She is a direct represenative of the administration. if she says it, its the same as Obama saying it
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 19:24
    No he [whodey] is not [a liar].
    whodey: "Obama in his speech said that a wall was not possible."

It's a lie on whodey's part.

I've read the speech.
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 20:30
    Now he should fire Napolitano, she apparently mispoke.
    As for a wire fence, I say no, go with a rock wall,, 30ft high, then barbed wire.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 22:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Obama is either a liar or misinformed. A fence and troops/agents ARE enough to stop the problem--he just has to commit to them on an immense scale. IMMENSE---like the problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree