Why do drag queens want audiences of children?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
22 Mar 23
1 edit

@soothfast said
Yeah, what happened to "I don't care what they do"...?
Children, is what happened.

They're using children, if it was simply 'Story Hour' the whole thing would die quickly, but it is promoted as 'Drag Queen Story Hour'. Regardless of the content, they are using children.

Please let kids be kids for as long as possible, don't steal their innocence for your own sick fantasies.

Planet Rain

Moves
22 Mar 23

@Wajoma

The Fake Libertarian returns. The only thing worse than a crank is a crank who does not stand by his stated principles.

It's up to the parents, control freak. Keep your "goobermint" jackboots and cudgels out of it. Your idea of what's wholesome for the kiddies is only your personal opinion.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Mar 23

@wajoma said
Children, is what happened.

They're using children, if it was simply 'Story Hour' the whole thing would die quickly, but it is promoted as 'Drag Queen Story Hour'. Regardless of the content, they are using children.

Please let kids be kids for as long as possible, don't steal their innocence for your own sick fantasies.
They're not rounding up stray kids at the local public school; their parents are bringing them.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
22 Mar 23

@soothfast said
@Wajoma

The Fake Libertarian returns. The only thing worse than a crank is a crank who does not stand by his stated principles.

It's up to the parents, control freak. Keep your "goobermint" jackboots and cudgels out of it. Your idea of what's wholesome for the kiddies is only your personal opinion.
From a previous post, you may have missed it.

Wajoma said:

"One thing I think we can all agree on, people have the right to protest against this child abuse.

If you're opposed to the sexualisation of children and there's an event in your area you should make the effort to go to that venue and let it peacefully be known, this aint right.
"

Not seeing the jackboots and cudgels No2 Miss Representor

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
22 Mar 23
1 edit

@no1marauder said
They're not rounding up stray kids at the local public school; their parents are bringing them.
...and??

Not sure what your point is supposed to be there.

It is interesting to note the drags cannot have children of their own but they have this perverted exaggerated interest in your children.

Lake Como

Moves
22 Mar 23

@suzianne said
Did you suddenly discover what its got to do with you?
No, I did not discover, because there has been no change since my first post. Are you suggesting I've undergone an enlightenment?
Where, pray tell?

Lake Como

Moves
22 Mar 23
2 edits

@no1marauder said
There's really no gray area for actual libertarians on whether parents should be able to decide what their children can or cannot view.

Calling it "child abuse" just shows your authoritarian side when something offends your puritanical views; then you want the State to intervene.
HA. "Authoritaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrriian side". Jesus.

and then......'when something 'offffeeeeeennnnds". Marauder,,,is that you, it sounds a lot like LgBBQRSTUV to me. Creepy.
Then, the icing on the cake, a Marxist saying that WE want the 'State' to intervene. Absolutely unbelievable.

You know, as an aside, I never did think about the government today, not one time. (Govt is what Marauder means when he says the State,.....it just makes him feel better and cozier than just saying government. He goes home again in his mind.)

Planet Rain

Moves
23 Mar 23

@wajoma said

Wajoma said:

"One thing I think we can all agree on, people have the right to protest against this child abuse.

If you're opposed to the sexualisation of children and there's an event in your area you should make the effort to go to that venue and let it peacefully be known, this aint right.
"

It's still only your personal opinion what constitutes so-called "child abuse" or "sexualization."

There are parents who believe children should know what sex is all about at a very early age, so as to demystify it and head off learning all the wrong things in the junior high locker room.

Such parents may choose to take their children to a drag queen show. If some "twerking" happens on stage, the parents can put the act in the proper context with "parental guidance," the same way they might if a child is watching a nature documentary that features animals mating.

Quite a few socially acceptable forms of dancing involve movements that easily could be construed as copulation. I suppose banning dancing is next on your agenda, putting you in the company of any number of ultraconservative religious sects.

Lake Como

Moves
23 Mar 23

@no1marauder said
" Clearly, libertarian doctrine suggests that parents should have the right to make decisions about their children rather than other adults or the state."

"However, inasmuch as libertarians embrace the view that the burden of proof for intervention in the affairs of individuals rests with the state, it follows that there is a presumption that parents have both the know ...[text shortened]... d incentive to do what is right for their children."

https://www.libertarianism.org/topics/family
Is Marauder a robot? Suzianne is more fun, for god sakes

Lake Como

Moves
23 Mar 23
1 edit

@no1marauder said
You talkin to me? I have clearly said that that is the business of the parents. It is not the business of teachers in schools.
Marx, who is here with us, would say that it is indeed the business of the State. The State!!!

Planet Rain

Moves
23 Mar 23

@wajoma said

Wajoma said:

"

Protesting people doing things they have every right to do is hardly in keeping with the (anarcho-)libertarian philosophy that you invariably espouse when it's your rights you deem are being trampled.

And let's not be naive. Historically, in-person, public protests are usually intended to influence public policy. That means getting the State to "do something."

Not only are you a crank who does not stand by his stated principles, you won't even own up to not standing by your stated principles. It's like a fractal, with weasels within weasels.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
23 Mar 23

@soothfast said
It's still only your personal opinion what constitutes so-called "child abuse" or "sexualization."

There are parents who believe children should know what sex is all about at a very early age, so as to demystify it and head off learning all the wrong things in the junior high locker room.

Such parents may choose to take their children to a drag queen show. If some ...[text shortened]... next on your agenda, putting you in the company of any number of ultraconservative religious sects.
A debate with soothfast summarised with his superior wit and reasoning apparent :

"I suppose banning dancing is next on your agenda...

Yes soothfast, got to admit, you got me there, oof, you too too clever.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
23 Mar 23

@mchill said

Why don't you ask the drag queens? Asking this of correspondence chess players is little different than asking a bunch of archeologists the average subordinated debt ratio of a PLLC. 🙄
So you can't figure out that these louts get sexually charged when they strip in front of toddlers?

Not very observant of you, Mchill

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Mar 23
1 edit

@wajoma said
...and??

Not sure what your point is supposed to be there.

It is interesting to note the drags cannot have children of their own but they have this perverted exaggerated interest in your children.
??????

Who says drags can't have kids of their own?

Who, but deranged puritans like you, Earl and the other right wing nuts say "hey have this perverted exaggerated interest in your children?"

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Mar 23

@averagejoe1 said
You talkin to me? I have clearly said that that is the business of the parents. It is not the business of teachers in schools.
Marx, who is here with us, would say that it is indeed the business of the State. The State!!!
No, I wasn't.