1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 11:13
    @sh76 said
    Very informal metric, I know, but illuminating nonetheless.

After noticing some of these groups on my Facebook feed (yes, I'm old, sue me), I did a little counting:

Facebook groups that are called some variation of "I love USA": 12 groups of at least 100,000 members, including 8 of 230k or more, 5 of 300k or more and 2 of 500k or more.

"I love Europe" One group over 100 ...[text shortened]... ny people still consider it the shining city on the hill?

I have a theory, but I'll listen first.
    propaganda.
    hollywood.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 11:17
    @sh76 said

After noticing some of these groups on my Facebook feed (yes, I'm old, sue me), I did a little counting:

Facebook groups that are called some variation of "I love USA": 12 groups of at least 100,000 members, including 8 of 230k or more, 5 of 300k or more and 2 of 500k or more.

"I love Europe" One group over 100 ...[text shortened]... ny people still consider it the shining city on the hill?

sadly that USA doesnt exist anymore.
    however, if you are hiding a dick under your dress things are looking up
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 11:23
    @mott-the-hoople said
    sadly that USA doesnt exist anymore.
    however, if you are hiding a dick under your dress things are looking up
    Weirdo.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 13:56
    @zahlanzi said
    propaganda.
    hollywood.
    Hmmmm,,the word Hollywood, twice in this thread? Are you jealous foreigners all wild about the beauty of our industries proliferating in the entire world? Your art and your chocolate candy are about the only things that we are envious of. Face it, y’all study our society all the time, and are influenced by it. Hollywood? Just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to offer in this country.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 14:11
    @AverageJoe1
    I just googled companies which might move in the Netherlands. Amsterdam production services, and ministry of film are two that I found,… Notice of the word, ministry, which depicts government is front center.
    But, has anyone ever heard of any production company in the Netherlands. Have we ever heard of anything in the Netherlands for that matter? People all over the world know Hollywood. I rest my case.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '24 16:34
    @shavixmir said
    Weirdo.
    I agree…but it is a fact.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 00:59
    @averagejoe1 said
    @AverageJoe1
    I just googled companies which might move in the Netherlands. Amsterdam production services, and ministry of film are two that I found,… Notice of the word, ministry, which depicts government is front center.
    But, has anyone ever heard of any production company in the Netherlands. Have we ever heard of anything in the Netherlands for that matter? People all over the world know Hollywood. I rest my case.
    Meant to say ''which might make movies' in first sentence ....apologies
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 02:32
    @sh76 said

Isn't it just where Facebook users are from?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 04:40
    @averagejoe1 said
    Hmmmm,,the word Hollywood, twice in this thread? Are you jealous foreigners all wild about the beauty of our industries proliferating in the entire world? Your art and your chocolate candy are about the only things that we are envious of. Face it, y’all study our society all the time, and are influenced by it. Hollywood? Just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to offer in this country.
    Are you really bragging about California's accomplishments?
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 05:50
    @averagejoe1 said
    @AverageJoe1
    Are you suggesting Hollywood is a company?

In the Netherlands, the equivellent (although considerably smaller) would be Hilversum. And the media park there.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 10:17
    @sh76 said
    People who love the USA - mainly Southern Fried Prosperity Gospelite MAGAhatters - also love to bleat about it on Boomerbook.

People who are satisfied living in Europe are not as crass.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 10:49
    @athousandyoung said
    Are you really bragging about California's accomplishments?
    Just highlighting its impact on foreigners. USA impacts everything. Hey, did you see where Biden is pandering to our Latin population? Could this be why he opened the border for them to come in?
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 10:51
    @shallow-blue said
    People who love the USA - mainly Southern Fried Prosperity Gospelite MAGAhatters - also love to bleat about it on Boomerbook.

People who are satisfied living in Europe are not as crass.
    Shallow says USA citizens are crass. That, Euroeans are not. So noted, whatever that means. Has he ever watched an American movie?
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 10:521 edit
    @shavixmir said
    Are you suggesting Hollywood is a company?

In the Netherlands, the equivellent (although considerably smaller) would be Hilversum. And the media park there.
    You see, we don't know that.
    But, you KNOW Hollywood. Makes my point.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 14:16
    @wildgrass said
    Isn't it just where Facebook users are from?
    I don't think so.

I have no data on it, as it doesn't seem to be easily collectible, but if you read the posts on those groups, you'll see that the vast majority seem to come from non-Americans.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree