Why does gay marriage keep losing?

Why does gay marriage keep losing?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
06 Nov 09

Originally posted by telerion
One of the benefits of being brought up a fundy Christian: I know my Bible (or Tanakh if you will).

1 kings 11:3

Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2 Samuel 5:13 and 1 Chronicles 3:9

David had concubines.

QED
"Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. "

So, you're trying to say that Solomon was gay, correct ?

GRANNY.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Nov 09
1 edit

One of the benefits of being brought up a fundy Christian: I know my Bible (or Tanakh if you will).

1 kings 11:3

Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2 Samuel 5:13 and 1 Chronicles 3:9

David had concubines.

QED
One of the benefits of being brought up a fundy Jew. I know my Bible better. 😉

Solomon used "marriage" as a method of diplomacy. He married queens and princesses, etc. He didn't keep them in harems, I assure you. They came and went to and from the country as they pleased.

Same basic idea with David, though he had many fewer wives.

Neither had "harems."

SR

Moves
06 Nov 09

Originally posted by smw6869
"Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. "

So, you're trying to say that Solomon was gay, correct ?

GRANNY.
Some will say anything in an attempt to justify calling cohabiting sodomites 'married'.

M

Moves
06 Nov 09

Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
Some will say anything in an attempt to justify calling cohabiting sodomites 'married'.
Marriage is a religious ceremony. In the US, the First Ammendment bans governments from favoring any religion over any other. So if a given religion includes "cohabiting sodomites" in its definition of marriage, it has every right to do so. But what right does the government have in discriminating against that religion's marriages?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
06 Nov 09

Originally posted by sh76
One of the benefits of being brought up a fundy Jew. I know my Bible better. 😉

Solomon used "marriage" as a method of diplomacy. He married queens and princesses, etc. He didn't keep them in harems, I assure you. They came and went to and from the country as they pleased.

Same basic idea with David, though he had many fewer wives.

Neither had "harems."
Nice, but I learned that too.

The point was that, contrary to your assertion, both David and Solomon had concubines and if 300 is not a harem, then you're a bigger man than I.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
06 Nov 09

In many cases they are. Or has no one ever told you about those things yet?

SR

Moves
07 Nov 09

In many cases they are. Or has no one ever told you about those things yet?
I should stick to economics if I were you.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Nov 09

Gay marriage has been legalized in 7 countries and some US states so I guess it would be quite reasonable to refer to those cohabiting sodomites amongst them as being gay and married.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Nov 09

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sodomy

Have a look at definition #1 bright guy.

SR

Moves
07 Nov 09

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sodomy

Have a look at definition #1 bright guy.
Have a look at the 4th definition of ' Bestiality' in the URL you posted. The Biblical definition is the most widely accepted other than in sodomite circles where they have highjacked the word 'gay' to avoid reference to Sodom.
At least the female of the species, lesbians, have not tried to do likewise.

K

Germany

Moves
07 Nov 09

Have a look at the 4th definition of ' Bestiality' in the URL you posted. The Biblical definition is the most widely accepted other than in sodomite circles where they have highjacked the word 'gay' to avoid reference to Sodom.
Err, there is no biblical definition of sodomy.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
07 Nov 09

When I write something in English I have definitions from the
English dictionary in mind.

If you have a fix for beastiality though I suggest taking it somewhere else. This thread is about gay marriage.

g

Pepperland

Moves
07 Nov 09

Because, like I mentioned earlier, no such definition exists. It's all just made up to make your view of marriage sound more official.
its not all made up, its the natural order of things.

g

Pepperland

Moves
07 Nov 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
You said you wanted to go back to the "original definition" of marriage. Do you wish to go even further back in time? Or is there a particular time period that you consider to be "ideal", and we can use that time's definition?
I was talking about marriage as being between a man and a woman, not marriage as defined by some old jewish guys 2000 years ago.

U

Moves
07 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by sh76
In the United States, gay marriage has now been put to a popular vote in 31 states, all in the last few years. It's record?

0-31.

That's right.

0-31.

Chew on that for a moment.

0-31.

Yes, some of those states have been the Mississippis and Arkansas of the World. But other have been Ohio, California, Michigan and now Maine, all Obama states.

ventually anyway; but it will happen faster if they take my advice. Book it.
I can't speak for the other states, but with Prop 8 church organizations poured millions of dollars worth of commercials into California, most of which told blatent lies.

See, this is what I hate. Someone does a good job of lying to the people, the people are so easily fooled and then they say, "the people have spoken!"