1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 09:581 edit
    "More than 7,000 people still watch TV in black and white more than half a century after colour broadcasts began." BBC.

What other things do you supose might well be true about only approximately 7,000 British people?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:061 edit
    @fmf said
    "More than 7,000 people still watch TV in black and white more than half a century after colour broadcasts began." BBC.

What other things do you supose might well be true about only approximately 7,000 British people?
    I have a circulation problem (Raynaud's phenomenon) which only really becomes a issue in the winter months. For most people with this condition it is the cold that triggers their symptoms (cold hands, chilblains etc) but for me it is the central heating and the sudden change of temperature when I go indoors that is the trigger.

As a result, I am often found sitting 'outside' coffee shops even when it is snowing (while all other sensible customers are sitting inside in the warm). I am usually only accompanied by the most hardy of smokers, which leads me to suspect that I am among the 7,000 British people who sit outside in the snow to drink their cappuccino.

👻
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:07
    @fmf said

Approximately 7,000 people spell "suppose" with a single 'p'. 😉
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:11
    I'd say that about 7,000 British people send messages in morse code at least once a week.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:13
    @fmf said
    I'd say that about 7,000 British people send messages in morse code at least once a week.
    7,000 british people work in the black pudding mines.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:191 edit
    7,000 British people live in Boulogne.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:22
    @fmf said

That's because a black and white television licence costs less than a colour licence. I think that there are far more than 7,000 people in Britain who don't mind saving money by sacrificing a feature that is unimportant to them for a small saving. Besides, some types of colour blindness are so profound that there really isn't any point in a "sufferer" having a colour television.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I have a circulation problem (Raynaud's phenomenon) which only really becomes a issue in the winter months. For most people with this condition it is the cold that triggers their symptoms (cold hands, chilblains etc) but for me it is the central heating and the sudden change of temperature when I go indoors that is the trigger.

As a result, I am often found sittin ...[text shortened]... that I am among the 7,000 British people who sit outside in the snow to drink their cappuccino.

👻
    This proves to me you are indeed as strange a dude as I had assumed you were! 😛

-VR
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 10:59
    @fmf said

So these are the wealthy people managing to save £100 a year on a TV licence!

These are therefor the 7,000+ who enjoy spending their free time messing up the kitchen table with a screw driver, penknife, digital multimeter, soldering iron and circuit wire.

YouTube
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 11:05
    @very-rusty said
    This proves to me you are indeed as strange a dude as I had assumed you were! 😛

-VR
    If you’d take the time to read up on it you may not be so insensitive about it.
    Let’s just hope that you are never afflicted with a medical condition.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 11:241 edit
    @drewnogal said
    If you’d take the time to read up on it you may not be so insensitive about it.
    Let’s just hope that you are never afflicted with a medical condition.
    Who says I'm not? Just because I don't whine on here about medical conditions doesn't mean I don't have any! 😛 😉

Did you ever stop a second to consider that?

How odd do you think he must look to others sitting outside in the snow?

-VR
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 11:48
    @very-rusty said
    Who says I'm not? Just because I don't whine on here about medical conditions doesn't mean I don't have any! 😛 😉

Did you ever stop a second to consider that?

How odd do you think he must look to others sitting outside in the snow?

-VR
    we are a hardy breed us brits, you should see the lack of clothes the young girls wear on a night on the town in all weathers.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:09
    @badradger said
    we are a hardy breed us brits, you should see the lack of clothes the young girls wear on a night on the town in all weathers.
    You can call it being a hardy breed, to others it may look a different way! 😉

-VR
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:10
    @FMF

7,000 British people die each year by choking on their own vomit.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 12:21
    @trev33 said
    @FMF

7,000 British people die each year by choking on their own vomit.
    LOL...So how many are born to replace these 7,000 you claim choke each year on their own vomit?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree