1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 02:23
    I've been reading through these threads. 🙄

We're all as goofy as it gets. I don't think I really know or understand any of you at all. Can someone please post a sane thread? Can a sane discussion be had in this forum?

Just joking, but seriously, what's with all the clamber all the time? Why don't we all just settle down? It's as if we're all trying to crucify each other. It's bumming me out.

There's a whole new year coming. I'd like to see us all become renewed, forget the past and try to "love our neighbor as we love ourselves".

Truth is I kinda like everyone in spite of all the crappy stuff I've said to you. I've had all I can stand of the negativity. I'm going to move forward in a positive way in the coming year. Let's have a real debate. Keep it objective, and if we can't think of something encouraging and positive to say, then don't say anything at all. Let bygones be bygones, forgive and forget.

For what it's worth that's my two cents. Peace! 🙂
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 02:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    Just joking, but seriously, what's with all the clamber all the time?
    clamber ???

I've not seen that word used like that before.
    Is that US usage or a regional thing?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 03:01
    I've been reading through these threads. 🙄

We're all as goofy as it gets. I don't think I really know or understand any of you at all. Can someone please post a sane thread? Can a sane discussion be had in this forum?

Just joking, but seriously, what's with all the clamber all the time? Why don't we all just settle down? It's as if we're all trying to ...[text shortened]... t bygones be bygones, forgive and forget.

For what it's worth that's my two cents. Peace! 🙂
    Are you apologizing for something? If so, which bits are you apologizing for?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 03:58
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    clamber ???

I've not seen that word used like that before.
    Is that US usage or a regional thing?
    Just a mistype for clamour. Obvious even to me.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 03:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course he isn't, he's proposing something different for 2017, not looking for an argument. 🙂
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 04:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why are you driven to misrepresent others?

Is this the only way you can feel good about yourself?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 04:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Just a mistype for clamour. Obvious even to me.
    er ... ok

clamour is not a word I come across either
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 04:39
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    er ... ok

clamour is not a word I come across either
    Try clamor.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 04:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why are you driven to misrepresent others?
    There is no misrepresentation. I asked him two questions and made no statement. It's for him to clarify.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 04:50
    Of course he isn't, he's proposing something different for 2017, not looking for an argument. 🙂
    Maybe you are right. But judging by his thread title, he appears to be taking a swipe at "everyone" for their recent behaviour. If he is including himself as part of "everyone" for these purposes, I wonder which bits of what he said he now regrets.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 07:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe you are right. But judging by his thread title, he appears to be taking a swipe at "everyone" for their recent behaviour. If he is including himself as part of "everyone" for these purposes, I wonder which bits of what he said he now regrets.
    Oh, stop it! This is exactly what he said: "I kinda like everyone in spite of all the crappy stuff I've said to you. I've had all I can stand of the negativity. I'm going to move forward in a positive way in the coming year. Let's have a real debate. Keep it objective, and if we can't think of something encouraging and positive to say, then don't say anything at all."

I couldn't agree more with that proposition. Even if a bit of snowball-throwing keeps things interesting, there's no need to put a rock inside the snowballs.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 07:10
    Oh, stop it! This is exactly what he said: "I kinda like everyone in spite of all the crappy stuff I've said to you. I've had all I can stand of the negativity. I'm going to move forward in a positive way in the coming year. Let's have a real debate. Keep it objective, and if we can't think of something encouraging and positive to say, then don't say anything at all."

I couldn't agree more with that proposition.
    I haven't said anything in anger. I haven't said anything threatening. I haven't said anything that I don't stand by 100%. If josephw wants to call people "goofy", or declare himself to have been "goofy", then that is a matter for him. Furthermore, if josephw wants to start an interesting thread or decides to behave like he's in "a real debate" at any point in 2017, I'll welcome it. But I'm not holding my breath. Until then, threads like this are just pompous and mushy nothingness.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 07:20
    Debating is fun. Here's an easy primer:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Debate
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:23

Just joking, but seriously, what's with all the clamber all the time? Why don't we all just settle down? It's as if we're all trying to crucify each other. It's bumming me out.

The ...[text shortened]... t bygones be bygones, forgive and forget.

For what it's worth that's my two cents. Peace! 🙂[/b]
    I believe Goofy is more goofy.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 10:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can do that. I'm not so proud. I apologize for every little bit. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree