@Everyone

@Everyone

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Just a mistype for clamour. Obvious even to me.
Spell check did it. I proof read several times to make sure I get every jot and tittle correct, but still something seems to slip in there from time to time.

Thanks for catching that! 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Oh, stop it! This is exactly what he said: "I kinda like everyone in spite of all the crappy stuff I've said to you. I've had all I can stand of the negativity. I'm going to move forward in a positive way in the coming year. Let's have a real debate. Keep it objective, and if we can't think of something encouraging and positive to say, then don't say anythi ...[text shortened]... snowball-throwing keeps things interesting, there's no need to put a rock inside the snowballs.
Thanks Kewpie. That's the heart of what I meant.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
I've been reading through these threads. 🙄

We're all as goofy as it gets. I don't think I really know or understand any of you at all. Can someone please post a sane thread? Can a sane discussion be had in this forum?

Just joking, but seriously, what's with all the clamber all the time? Why don't we all just settle down? It's as if we're all trying to ...[text shortened]... t bygones be bygones, forgive and forget.

For what it's worth that's my two cents. Peace! 🙂
Josephw,

That is a good thought, most don't forgive and forget! If that happens it would be a miracle. 😉

-VR

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
I haven't said anything in anger. I haven't said anything threatening. I haven't said anything that I don't stand by 100%. If josephw wants to call people "goofy", or declare himself to have been "goofy", then that is a matter for him. Furthermore, if josephw wants to start an interesting thread or decides to behave like he's in "a real debate" at any point in 2 ...[text shortened]... I'm not holding my breath. Until then, threads like this are just pompous and mushy nothingness.
He was obviously waving that Olive Branch in a threatening manner. 😛

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
BDP,

I personally wouldn't trust FMF waving a white flag. 😛

-VR

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Not sure what you're on about. I don't see how it's "threatening" in any way.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Not sure what you're on about. I don't see how it's "threatening" in any way.
FMF,

Whoosh, right over again! 😉

-VR

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Whoosh, right over again!
Not at all. BigDoggProblem's missed the mark that's all. Take for example josephw's attempts in 2016 to blame members of this community for Grampy Bobby's poor health. Regardless of whatever bogus modesty and pomposity this thread's OP may demonstrate, it remains to be seen whether he will repeat such "banter" in 2017, but if he does, I don't see how it would be "threatening". The point is, with a poster like josephw, and an OP like this, talk is cheap. His posting record is littered with little bogus 'olive branches' - like the one that kicked this thread off - and they never seem to amount to anything.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Not at all. BigDoggProblem's missed the mark that's all. Take for example josephw's attempts in 2016 to blame members of this community for Grampy Bobby's poor health. Regardless of whatever bogus modesty and pomposity this thread's OP may demonstrate, it remains to be seen whether he will repeat such "banter" in 2017, but if he does, I don't see how it would be ...[text shortened]... ranches' - like the one that kicked this thread off - and they never seem to amount to anything.
FMF,

You on the other hand have such positive things to say!

-VR

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

You on the other hand have such positive things to say!
Well I don't start disingenuous self-promoting threads berating "everyone", if that's what you mean by "positive". Whether you like or respect the 'guns' I stick to, at least I stick to them. If you can see any principle or consistency running through josephw's posting, then good for you. On the other thread he managed to portray himself as against name calling and yet supported it too. It's always been like this with him. And it remains to be see whether his exhortation for people to take a higher road in the year ahead will amount to anything. Far from being seen as "threatening", as BigDoggProblem's gag would have it, I think this OP simply requires a big pinch of salt.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well I don't start disingenuous self-promoting threads berating "everyone", if that's what you mean by "positive". Whether you like or respect the 'guns' I stick to, at least I stick to them. If you can see any principle or consistency running through josephw's posting, then good for you. On the other thread he managed to portray himself as against name calling ...[text shortened]... ng", as BigDoggProblem's gag would have it, I think this OP simply requires a big pinch of salt.
FMF,

You should know by now if you are going to call names expect to be called names back. Sometimes you are not such a nice fellow as you would like everyone to believe. You do have managed to sucker a few in, but I see right through you as do others who are older posters on here. Dive, well he is dive and he is loyarl to friends to a fault at times.

-VR

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

You should know by now if you are going to call names expect to be called names back. Sometimes you are not such a nice fellow as you would like everyone to believe. You do have managed to sucker a few in, but I see right through you as do others who are older posters on here. Dive, well he is dive and he is loyarl to friends to a fault at times.
It's as if you didn't read the post you were replying to.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It's as if you didn't read the post you were replying to.
FMF,

OR I don't consider it worth while even answering, you can take your choice. Doesn't really matter one way or the other how you see it! 😉

-VR

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It's always been like this with him.
All my life. I call it flexibility. The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.

I'd like to see not only a change in the environment of these forums, but in myself as well. That's why I'm not going to say anything else except-

Merry Christmas FMF.

F

Moves
25 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
All my life. I call it flexibility. The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment. I'd like to see not only a change in the environment of these forums, but in myself as well.
Merry Christmas to you too. I believe people should measure me, for example, by what I have posted in the past and - perhaps - how they see it changing, if that be the case. If I were to start a thread making some pronouncement about how my posting was going to be different in the future [whilst taking a swipe at "everyone"], then it'd be worthless attention-seeking waffle in my book.

And so it is with you. If you post in a less "goofy" way in 2017 [to quote the term you used in the OP], then the proof will be in the pudding. If you want to see "change in yourself" then just change yourself accordingly so people can see it. Don't tie it in to some meaningless mealy-mouthed reprimand aimed at "everyone". That's my penny's worth. 😉