A viable thread

A viable thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read a book!

Moves
28 Dec 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"ANGEL NUMBERS - Joanne Sacred Scribes

ANGEL NUMBERS - A Guide to Repeating Number Sequences and their Messages and Meanings -- Joanne Walmsley - SACRED SCRIBES -- *Do NOT use or copy any content without my permission, linking back to this site and/or fully crediting your source and keeping all links intact, as per copyright. Sharing l ...[text shortened]... edscribes@gmail.com http://sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com/2014/04/angel-number-1616.html[/b]
The source was fully credited.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Dec 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
The source was fully credited.
January 6, 2016 = 1/6/16

Number 1616 is a blend of both the attributes and energies of number 1 and number 6 appearing twice, amplifying their influences. Number 1 brings its qualities of new beginnings and striving forward, willpower, motivation and progress, self-leadership and assertiveness, attainment and fulfilment, uniqueness and individuality. Number 1 also tells us that we create our realities with our thoughts, beliefs and actions. Number 6 relates to love of home and family and domesticity, service to others, responsibility, the income and financial aspects of life and providing for the self and others. Number 6 also resonates with personal willpower, solution-finding and overcoming obstacles.

Angel Number 1616 brings a message from your angels to keep your thoughts uplifted and positive, and to let go of material matters or concerns. The focus is on emotions, family issues, your home environment and you as a person. New energies will be entering your life which will lead to a renewed enthusiasm and the angels are sending you positive energy and balance so that you are able to stay focused upon your path.

Angel Number 1616 encourages you to ask for assistance in repairing or readjusting to something that may be hindering or bothering you and causing anxiety.This may have to do with unresolved debt, a purchase or the attainment of something of importance that you are unable to afford at present. The angels ask you not to be disheartened but to maintain a positive frame of mind as they are working hard behind the scenes to fulfill your needs. You are asked to remain receptive of the gifts of the Universe.

Angel Number 1616 may also be suggesting that a new relationship is imminent, either with a newcomer or through reignited love in your existing relationship/s. Be open to giving and receiving love and do not fear the ‘new’ entering your life.

"ANGEL NUMBERS - A Guide to Repeating Number Sequences and their Messages and Meanings -- Joanne Walmsley - SACRED SCRIBES -- *Do NOT use or copy any content without my permission..."

1) Did you receive Joanne Walmsley's permission? 2) Why is her text not enclosed with "quotation marks"? 3) Where is her website link in your post?

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
28 Dec 15

SOHO/LASCO coronagraph imagery is coming in right now and we can confirm the release of a coronal mass ejection towards Earth. At least a partial halo coronal mass ejection can be seen on the latest imagery. It does not look like a very nice full halo CME on the images we have right now as most of the ejecta is heading south-west of us but we still want more imagery for a more thorough analysis. However, we can confirm that a CME was released and that a good part of it will likely arrive at Earth.
Follow it live on www.spaceweatherlive.com

Read a book!

Moves
28 Dec 15

1) Did you receive Joanne Walmsley's permission? 2) Why is her text not enclosed with "quotation marks"? 3) Where is her website link in your post?
You just posted the same text. Did you receive Joanne Walmsley's permission? Why is her text not enclosed with "quotation marks"? Where is her website link in your post?

Moves
28 Dec 15

You just posted the same text. Did you receive Joanne Walmsley's permission? Why is her text not enclosed with "quotation marks"? Where is her website link in your post?
*LOL* "I know you are. What am I?"

Read a book!

Moves
28 Dec 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
What am I?
A buttinsky?

Moves
28 Dec 15

A buttinsky?
Close but no cookie. You used a "y" instead of an "i".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Dec 15

Au contraire. My post was a Copy & Paste of yours

"January 6, 2016 = 1/6/16"

which was/is sans quotation marks and website link.

Do you realize that your unattributed Copy & Paste of her intellectual property
may well represent an infringement or violation of her copyright?

Note: You're on your own. We're done here.

Read a book!

Moves
28 Dec 15

Au contraire. My post was a Copy & Paste of yours

"January 6, 2016 = 1/6/16"

which was/is sans quotation marks and website link.

Do you realize that your unattributed Copy & Paste of her intellectual property
may well represent an infringement or violation of her copyright?

Note: You're on your own. We're done here.
You're done here, not me. The source of the quoted text was fully credited in this thread.

Drop us a line after you finish law school.

Read a book!

Moves
28 Dec 15

My post was a Copy & Paste of yours
Prove it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Dec 15

You're done here, not me. The source of the quoted text was fully credited in this thread.

Drop us a line after you finish law school.
"You're done here, not me. The source of the quoted text was fully credited in this thread."
_____

Where?

Read a book!

Moves
28 Dec 15

"You're done here, not me. The source of the quoted text was fully credited in this thread."
_____

Where?
Page 7, after you noticed that it had been omitted.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
28 Dec 15

http://tinyurl.com/na76jme

Goodbye, Prison Loaf: Reporter’s Notebook

By JESSE McKINLEY
DEC. 28, 2015

Albany — There are a few words that will set a journalist’s internal antennae abuzz — “federal corruption charges,” for example, or “confirmed Bigfoot capture” — and set him off on a quick journey of discovery, reporting, and hopefully, informed dissemination of his instant expertise.

Recently just such a moment occurred for me when I heard these five words: “We will eliminate the Loaf.”

That sentence, spoken by an aide to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, not only grabbed my attention but also sent my brain into something of a mad scramble for meaning: What was the Loaf, I thought? Was he talking about a noun, a verb or the footwear? And why, pray tell, was it being banished?

As it turned out, the Loaf in question, the subject of a Dec. 18 Times article, had many names — prison loaf, Nutraloaf, and my personal favorite: the Disciplinary Loaf. But in each case, the Loaf in question was a food. Sort of.

Used by prison officials to punish unruly inmates, the Loaf is a heavy-on-the-starch, heavy-in-the-stomach bread-like substance that is much despised by advocates for more humane treatment for those being held in Special Housing Units — a.k.a. solitary confinement.

Prisoners in such units in New York were given the Loaf when they’d misbehaved particularly badly — throwing food or feces, or refusing to obey guards’ orders during mealtime — and had already been deprived of any other amenities. Made of baking staples and nearly indestructible root vegetables and dished out in one-pound portions served with a side of cabbage and water, the Loaf was nutritionally sound, but not exactly Zagat worthy: those who had tasted it had variously likened it — and its variations — to cardboard, pre-masticated chili and other unappetizing entrees.

Nor, as one Cuomo administration official put it, was the Loaf “psychologically pleasing.” So it was that the state decided to end the Loaf’s use as part of a broader push for reforms in solitary confinement, changes I was briefed on by Mr. Cuomo’s chief counsel, Alphonso B. David.

That day, my colleagues Michael Winerip and Michael Schwirtz were assigned to handle the heavy lifting of the substantive changes to solitary — the Mikes, as they are known, have been producing a series of articles about abuses in the prison system.

I, however, was all over the Loaf. And as sometimes happily happens in daily journalism, my Spidey Sense about the topic’s weirdness paid off.

Indeed, I would soon discover after some initial online research and a quick interview with a representative of the American Civil Liberties Union National Prison Project that the Loaf, and other incarceration cuisine, had a long and contentious history. This included both rancor in prisons themselves and legal fights, including the United States Supreme Court, which ruled in 1978 on a case from Arkansas that involved a terrible sounding meal known as “grue.” (Not gruel, mind you, grue.) Basically the same idea as the Loaf, that grue diet — and other treatment of the Arkansas prisoners — had helped win that case for inmate advocates.

I also discovered that New York was far from alone in serving such a dish, though some states, including California, had abandoned it, something I learned after speaking to Laurie Maurino in Sacramento. Ms. Maurino, a registered dietitian who supervises prison feeding for California’s massive department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, also heads an organization known as the Association of Correctional Food Service Affiliates (thereby proving that there is an association for every occupation).

Ms. Maurino walked me through some of the Loaf’s history, pointed me in the direction of some other good coverage, and gave me a quotation that would become my kicker. Speaking of the Loaf, she said: “It is considered cruel and unusual punishment.” Ding!

But I was still hunting for someone who had actually tasted the Loaf, which proved to be the hardest part of the story. I had spoken to Jean Casella, a co-director of Solitary Watch, a watchdog group on solitary confinement, who had tried an outside-of-the-prison-walls version — “It was surprisingly sweet,” she told me, something attributable to the Loaf’s scoops of sugar. But I wanted to speak to someone who had had it on the inside.

Enter Baba.

George Eng, 67, served 36 years in New York for the murder of “a man who pulled a gun on my wife,” he said, and has rebuilt his post-prison life: he now works at a ministry in Buffalo, and goes by the name Baba. He speaks in a soft voice when asked about his life, even when expressing his strong feelings that America’s prisons need to be reformed, saying that too often they are “strictly about punishment and dehumanization,” not rehabilitation.

And when I asked about the Loaf, the subject’s somewhat funny aspect quickly slipped away. “It’s a horrible experience, from what I remember,” said Mr. Eng, who did several stints in solitary confinement. “The reality is that you’re starving, but I would taste it and just throw it away.”

The texture “was very grainy and hard,” he said, and it “looked like stale hard bread,” often served by guards who knew how terrible it was. “They would pass it to you with like a smirk on their face,” he said.

Such remarks, some of which I incorporated into the story, reminded me of another good journalistic rule-of-thumb: that even if something seems amusing to you, it may be deadly serious to those involved. And while it’s acceptable to leaven such subjects — apologies for the pun — you also have to give them your respect, which, it would seem, was also the intent of New York’s changes to solitary, and the end of the Loaf.

One quick addendum: last week, I was invited to a Christmas party in Albany, where two colleagues from Politico New York had used the recipe I dug up for the Loaf to make cupcakes. I looked at them very suspiciously, and thought of Mr. Eng’s awful description. But I also thought I should, as a reporter, taste it.

I did. As Ms. Casella said, it was surprisingly sweet: grainy, brown and unpleasantly textured, but sweet nonetheless.

I swallowed a tiny piece. And left the rest.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Dec 15
1 edit

Page 7, after you noticed that it had been omitted.
Thanks for pointing out your secondary after the fact post.

For your own sake, please include the website link with the quoted text in "quotation marks" to insure minimal risk of non-compliance.

Postscript: What are your thoughts regarding not obtaining Joanne Walmsley's permission prior to quoting her intellectual property?

Read a book!

Moves
29 Dec 15

Thanks for pointing out your secondary after the fact post.

For your own sake, please include the website link with the quoted text in "quotation marks" to insure minimal risk of non-compliance.

Postscript: What are your thoughts regarding not obtaining Joanne Walmsley's permission prior to quoting her intellectual property?
Ever since our paths first crossed, you have posted hundreds, perhaps thousands, of copy/pastes in these forums. How many times during all these years did you secure written permission from an author before quoting his or her intellectual property? My guess is never, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your interest in this fascinating topic.