General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberdrewnogal
    Rocky 2008-2019
    Ecofreak
    Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    41566
    28 Nov '15 10:03

    This post is unavailable.

    Please refer to our posting guidelines.

  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    48791
    28 Nov '15 11:04
    Never talk to your child. SHOUT.
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 13:342 edits
    Have a sense of humor. Especially during those teenage years.

    When one of my daughters is having a bad day, I will hold her face in my hands, look into her eyes and say, 'You is kind. You is smart. You is important.' " (such a sweet, tender scene from the movie, "The Help" )

    This usually causes them to roll their eyes and laugh out loud...which helps to lighten things up 🙂
  4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 13:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Make a blue movie with your partner so that you can remember what sex is like.
    Always make it a priority to nurture your own marriage.
    Neglecting to do so, leads to grumpiness. And grumpy parents are hardly any fun to be around 🙁
  5. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 13:53
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Sounds like a perfect Sunday afternoon 🙂
  6. Subscriberdivegeester
    Trifling Fingerprint
    Trifling away
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    94906
    28 Nov '15 14:102 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    12. If your musically inclined, sing soft lullabies to your newborn at bedtime.
    Teach them the difference between the posessive adjective (your) and the contraction (you're).
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Teach them the difference between the posessive adjective (your) and the contraction (you're).
    Yes, and the spelling of "their" 😉
    Go make a quick edit...
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36355
    28 Nov '15 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Teach them the difference between the posessive adjective (your) and the contraction (you're).
    And the difference between "of" and "off" and the difference between "an" and "and".

    And never to use "me" as the subject of a sentence. "Me and Joey want to go see a movie." No. "Joey and I want to go see a movie."

    And maybe how to spell.
  9. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 14:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And maybe how to spell.
    GB's "your" is correct.
    Unless I am missing something?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36355
    28 Nov '15 14:42
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    GB's "your" is correct.
    Unless I am missing something?
    No, GB's "your" should be "you're".

    And dive's "posessive" should be "possessive".
  11. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 14:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, GB's "your" should be "you're".

    And dive's "posessive" should be "possessive".
    Ha Ha - I was focused on his "your" in front of "newborn. lol

    Yes, the other one is wrong 🙂
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36355
    28 Nov '15 14:50
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Ha Ha - I was focused on his "your" in front of "newborn. lol

    Yes, the other one is wrong 🙂
    Oh, and I didn't even notice the "your" you meant. Yes, that one's right. 🙂
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 14:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, and I didn't even notice the "your" you meant. Yes, that one's right. 🙂
    lol
    Ouch. Dive will think we are ganging up on him? lol
    I was just messing with him 😉
    I am certain that I have posts riddled with errors.
    And someone will probably take the time to point every one of them out. 🙄
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    28 Nov '15 17:13
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    When one of my daughters is having a bad day, I will hold her face in my hands, look into her eyes and say, 'You is kind. You is smart. You is important.' " (such a sweet, tender scene from the movie, "The Help"
    That is racist. You are teaching your little monsters that it is ok
    to make a cartoon out of minorities, emphasizing their lack of
    education and sophistication.

    How would you feel if a black person would do the same with their
    kids but, instead, take a line from any movie portraying a trailer
    park dwelling redneck? Or an Irish leprechaun? Or a Mexican taco
    vendor?

    Despicable.
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    43657
    28 Nov '15 17:211 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    That is racist. You are teaching your little monsters that it is ok
    to make a cartoon out of minorities, emphasizing their lack of
    education and sophistication.

    How would you feel if a black person would do the same with their
    kids but, instead, take a line from any movie portraying a trailer
    park dwelling redneck? Or an Irish leprechaun? Or a Mexican taco
    vendor?

    Despicable.
    I trust that you have not seen the movie. Had you, you'd know that the Caucasian people in the movie are portrayed as the pitiful, uppity characters that they are.

    Aibileen, who says that sweet line, is an absolute class act, and the hero of the movie. It is just her dialect. She is no "cartoon," so keep your pants on 😉
Back to Top