1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 17:34
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    If you saw the movie, you'd know that the Caucasian people in the movie are portrayed as the pitiful, uppity characters that they are.

Aibileen, who says that sweet line, is an absolute class act, and the hero of the movie. It is just her dialect. She is no "cartoon," so keep your pants on 😉
    Seitse say you is racist? What he know anyway? Nuthin', I say.
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 17:37
    teach them chess?
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 17:37
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    lol
    Funny, because isn't it awfully racist of him to just assume that I am a white woman?

What? African American women don't play chess?!

tsk tsk
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 18:18
    I trust that you have not seen the movie. Had you, you'd know that the Caucasian people in the movie are portrayed as the pitiful, uppity characters that they are.

Aibileen, who says that sweet line, is an absolute class act, and the hero of the movie. It is just her dialect. She is no "cartoon," so keep your pants on 😉
    http://www.salon.com/2014/09/26/people_magazine_deletes_racist_tweet_about_viola_davis/
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 18:19
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Shut up, Andy.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 18:211 edit
    lol
    Funny, because isn't it awfully racist of him to just assume that I am a white woman?

What? African American women don't play chess?!

tsk tsk
    You are not African American, sweet cheeks, so cut the giggles.

And read the Salon article I shared. It may help you understand
    the world of the others, those who work and suffer in the shadows
    so you can enjoy your Black Friday consumerist galore, and then go
    every Sunday to church, riding your gas guzzling SUV through
    ghettos you don't even stare at, to thank god for all you have.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 18:263 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    http://www.salon.com/2014/09/26/people_magazine_deletes_racist_tweet_about_viola_davis/
    If you actually saw the movie, you'd understand. You are speaking from ignorance. I am sure that Viola Davis, the very accomplished black actress who played Aibileen, would not have chosen to be in a movie that made fun of black people.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and you certainly have no idea as to the color of my skin.

Let's debate if you are a sexist? 🙂
    lol
  8. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 18:31
    You are not African American, sweet cheeks, so cut the giggles.

And read the Salon article I shared. It may help you understand
    the world of the others, those who work and suffer in the shadows
    so you can enjoy your Black Friday consumerist galore, and then go
    every Sunday to church, riding your gas guzzling SUV through
    ghettos you don't even stare at, to thank god for all you have.
    Well, since you do ooze of compassion for others...

Yes, PLEASE Seitse. Please help me "understand the world of others..." You will make a fine teacher 🙄
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:16
    Well, since you do ooze of compassion for others...

Yes, PLEASE Seitse. Please help me "understand the world of others..." You will make a fine teacher 🙄
    Only thing I can teach you is how to make the world tremble
    with risky maneuvers in the sack, you sexy cougar. GROAR!

Not kidding. I picture you as an uber hot, Sarah Palin type of
    right wing nutcase, hot soccer mom craving for adventure and
    passion. Are you game? 😉
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:39
    Only thing I can teach you is how to make the world tremble
    with risky maneuvers in the sack, you sexy cougar. GROAR!

Not kidding. I picture you as an uber hot, Sarah Palin type of
    right wing nutcase, hot soccer mom craving for adventure and
    passion. Are you game? 😉
    Presently, I am away with my family in the mountains...as far away from Black Friday sales as I can get. I have never ventured out on Black Friday in my entire lifetime. I hate crowds, gimmicks, and buying stuff that we do not need.

We are about to go hiking, no emissions, no McDonald's for dinner. I eat fast food only on roadtrips. If I am forced to...I order a kid's meal and then feel sick afterwards. We are here to have some much-needed family time, enjoy nature and each other.

I am an open-minded voter. I vote for the candidate that I feel will best run our country. At the present time, I do not like any of them, and think they all suck. lol I never cared for Sarah Palin. She irritated me to no end. But I admired her speaking her mind, and holding tightly to her convictions. I can never fault a person for that.

I do not crave adventure or passion. I thankfully have both in my life and all of my needs being met 😉 I sometimes wonder if yours are? It doesn't seem that way, but I certainly could be wrong....

I will be off the grid in a few minutes...but will write one more thing for you before I go...
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:49
    I do not crave adventure or passion. I thankfully have both in my life and all of my needs being met
    You think that because you haven't met me, you sexy vixen.

That pampered life of yours? That comfortable and predictable
    man? Those ungrateful and clingy kids? Bah! Those are only place
    holders of a big empty waiting to be filled up with fire. FIRE! Deep
    inside you, you crave a runaway weekend in a shady hotel in Marrakesh,
    a camel ride through the desert, just to find an oasis where to go
    skinny dipping, and then speak to our inner spirit animals after
    eating peyote.

GROAR! *wink wink*
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:531 edit
    Seitse - I hope this helps you understand the "The Help" movie that I spoke of...just my reaction to it, my own thoughts...

The scene I referenced is a beautiful, stand alone moment between a young white child who is being reared by a bigoted, affluent, white mother who provides little, if any, praise, attention and love, and the black maid, Aibileen, who recognizes this child to be an innocent victim. Aibileen does not care about the color of this child's skin nor does the young girl seem to notice Aibileen's. There is a mutual, colorblind adoration between them that is heartwarming and pure. There is no black/white in that scene. Any mother, of any color, viewing that tender moment will see what I saw...that every child needs to know and feel that they are of value to this world...

Aidileen, although "just" a house maid, shows more class, more dignity in her little pinkie than all of the self-absorbed white characters combined. She is the heroine in the movie who maintains her integrity and spirit despite her oppression. Although Aidileen is clearly oppressed, by virtue of her skin color, it was the ignorance of the white characters that really tugs at your heartstrings in that movie. "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do..." Their hearts are full of hate, their minds clogged with prejudice...

Well, I must go now....

But consider seeing the movie. Don't go by what other critics may have said or may not have said. Form your own opinion.
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:54
    You think that because you haven't met me, you sexy vixen.

That pampered life of yours? That comfortable and predictable
    man? Those ungrateful and clingy kids? Bah! Those are only place
    holders of a big empty waiting to be filled up with fire. FIRE! Deep
    inside you, you crave a runaway weekend in a shady hotel in Marrakesh,
    a camel ride throu ...[text shortened]... dipping, and then speak to our inner spirit animals after
    eating peyote.

GROAR! *wink wink*
    🙄
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 21:06
    If you live in England tell your kids to emigrate to Australia , New Zealand or Canada .
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 21:28
    The scene I referenced is a beautiful, stand alone moment between a young white child who is being reared by a bigoted, affluent, white mother who provides little, if any, praise, attention and love, and the black maid, Aibileen, who recognizes this child to be an innocent victim. Aibileen does not care about the color of this child's skin nor does th ...[text shortened]... movie. Don't go by what other critics may have said or may not have said. Form your own opinion.
    Five stars!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree