1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 06:48
    In Turkey, in Capadocia, there is a restaurant named Local Restaurant. The idea is that if you tell your guide you want to eat at a local restaurant, well, you get the picture.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 07:20
    Originally posted by @js357
    In Turkey, in Capadocia, there is a restaurant named Local Restaurant. The idea is that if you tell your guide you want to eat at a local restaurant, well, you get the picture.
    Ah clever.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 07:45
    I'm sure the most number of individually named outlets are hairdressers; there must be thousands of them, (None of which I find irritating.) If I had any skill with the scissors and Brylcreme (we call it the bounce in the trade) I might open one called the 'Snappy Snippers'
    Hair today, gone tomorrow...Anybody else?
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 10:082 edits
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Red Hot Pawn
    Red Hot Pawn is now a bit of a household name for my sisters and myself. We might chat about chess when we are out and may occasionally mention the site. Anyone eavesdropping our conversations would be shocked no doubt!

Here's a few favourites of mine.

Oh My Cod, Tipton.
    Frying Nemo, Southampton.
    New Cod on the Block, Sheffield.
    The Codfather.
    Rock and Malt, Cardiff.
    Rock 'n' Roe, Romford.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 10:16
    Originally posted by @js357
    It was reported that McDonalds had a cattle ranch in Indonesia called "100% Australian Beef"
  6. The World
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 10:18
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Red Hot Pawn
    We had a new server and internet protection system at work, so we had to tell the bosses the sites we'd want to use (beyond the normal email, banks, etc.).

It was an interesting conversation with the elder boss asking to be able access Red Hot Pawn.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 10:46
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Red Hot Pawn is now a bit of a household name for my sisters and myself. We might chat about chess when we are out and may occasionally mention the site. Anyone eavesdropping our conversations would be shocked no doubt!

Here's a few favourites of mine.

Oh My Cod, Tipton.
    Frying Nemo, Southampton.
    New Cod on the Block, Sheffield.
    The Codfather.
    Rock and Malt, Cardiff.
    Rock 'n' Roe, Romford.
    Eating at the Codfather is a bit risky, as if you offend the owner you are likely to wake up with the head of a seahorse in your bed.

😞
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    21 Oct '17 21:28
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    I'm sure the most number of individually named outlets are hairdressers; there must be thousands of them, (None of which I find irritating.) If I had any skill with the scissors and Brylcreme (we call it the bounce in the trade) I might open one called the 'Snappy Snippers'
    Hair today, gone tomorrow...Anybody else?
    The Head Shed

50 shades of grey

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree