1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 10:331 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Clearly I am "leave" and only for democratic reasons; the economy and migration are all smokescreens imo. Where democratic power lies is at the core of my objection to the current EU.
    What evidence do you have that Michael Gove or Ian Duncan or Nigel Farage have your interests as a citizen lying at the centre of their political operations and priorities any more than their counterparts from other nations? Is it because they do their electoral arithmetic on a smaller scale?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 10:341 edit
    The Brexit affair is somewhat like, less violent for sure, the succesion of the southern states in the US civil war.

The south in the US is better off being in the US than it ever would have been being isolated as a new country with little in the way of real industry, which all resided in the north.

You can't make a world economy cutting down trees and growing cotton.

It wouldn' be quite as bad as that if the UK leaves the Euro but it would be similar, a country doing significant business with the Euro would lose it and if they leave there would be no going back, Euro would never allow you to re-enter. Like he said though, Scotland would also probably succeed from the UK and independently join Euro.

That would be a good thing for Scotland. But the UK leaving will cause much pressure on the Euro for other countries leaving like Greece which is in deep doo doo economically, which was their own fault but it is what it is. If the UK leaves, there will be a stampede of other smaller countries taking off also and that would be the end of the Euro and the end of the Euro to emulate the United States and it will be back to usual back stabbing little empires. Good luck if all that happens.

My gut feeling is the UK better stay in the Euro and deal for better terms as much as you dislike Brussels.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 10:44
    The "democracy" argument is funny, to say the least, taking into account that we are talking about a monarchy with an upper house nobody voted for.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 11:39
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The "democracy" argument is funny, to say the least, taking into account that we are talking about a monarchy with an upper house nobody voted for.
    It shows the level of intelligence of the pro exit group.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 11:42
    Originally posted by Kegge
    It shows the level of intelligence of the pro exit group.
    Yeah, politicians and a bunch of twits, mostly.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 12:131 edit
    Yeah, politicians and a bunch of twits, mostly.
    Its worse than that! its a bunch of right wing politicians and twits, mostly. Its a real dirty business.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 13:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its worse than that! its a bunch of right wing politicians and twits, mostly. Its a real dirty business.
    Yup. Quite sad. I wouldn't want to be in a club that would have me as a member --despite being a twit myself.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 15:08
    In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position they do not necessarily agree with (or simply an alternative position from the accepted norm), for the sake of debate or to explore the thought further.

this is why i don't necessarily believe my own propaganda😵
    Which devil were you advocating when you decided to game the clan system?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 18:26
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Which devil were you advocating when you decided to game the clan system?
    Hey waz up BendyWendy? how can I explain the concept of pure awesomeness so that you will be able to grasp it?
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 21:57
    Hey waz up BendyWendy? how can I explain the concept of pure awesomeness so that you will be able to grasp it?
    I'll wear hazmat gloves.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 08:23
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I'll wear hazmat gloves.
    You'll need a full awesomeness suit to protect from our bodaciousness 😀
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 09:39
    Brexitians don't play chess; they play darts, Scottish folk throwing stones from shoulders and wrestling in skirts.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 18:02
    tic toc tic toc
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 20:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The Brexit affair is somewhat like, less violent for sure, the succesion of the southern states in the US civil war.

The south in the US is better off being in the US than it ever would have been being isolated as a new country with little in the way of real industry, which all resided in the north.

You can't make a world economy cutting down trees a ...[text shortened]... ing is the UK better stay in the Euro and deal for better terms as much as you dislike Brussels.
    If the outcome was that bleak I don't think Cameron would have allowed a vote in the first place .
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '16 20:41
    tic toc tic toc
    Brexit and why it matters,

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree