1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 22:46
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Fish and chips, fried breakfasts, roast beef, tea. English cuisine. Like grade 1 math. No wonder the English prefer stir fries, curries and kebabs.

But hey, it's cool. Like I said, I'm Canadian. The other Canadian here uses onion powder in place of onions apparently :/
    Yes. In England it is compulsory to have a fried breakfast, fish n chip lunch and roast beef in the evening. All meals must be washed down with tea.

And all Canadians are lumberjacks aren't they?
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 22:51
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yes. In England it is compulsory to have a fried breakfast, fish n chip lunch and roast beef in the evening. All meals must be washed down with tea.

Either lumberjacks or employed by the maple syrup industry.
  3. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 22:56
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

Now you're being silly. Like Benny Hill being chased by women in high speed.
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 09:23
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Drop in big thick slices of raw potato, then fish them out before you do a final stir - don't leave them in long enough to make this too difficult!
    Thank you!
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 10:571 edit
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Now you're being silly. Like Benny Hill being chased by women in high speed.
    You said:

Why are the English afraid of flavour?

A few posts later you say:

No wonder the English prefer stir fries, curries and kebabs

Do you know what it is you are trying to say?

No rush to come back to me aboot this, as I am just putting the veggies on for Sunday lunch. Perhaps after you have finished your hockey match?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 15:25
    Not a fan of curry or soy sauce.

I do have a secret ingredient for most of my sauces and gravies: the vinegar that hot peppers come steeped in. Banana peppers, usually. Try it! Spaghetti sauce; stew; chili; vegetable soup; yum!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree