General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    326099
    04 Nov '15 08:49
    CBS is going to make a new series of Star Trek!
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    04 Nov '15 08:521 edit
    Something tells me that Grampy Bobby is not going to post over and over again on this thread asking you officiously to post it on the Culture Forum instead of here. 😉
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    04 Nov '15 08:53
    Originally posted by Startreader
    CBS is going to make a new series of Star Trek!
    I hope they don't mess it up. It's such a brand with such resonance and excellent product under its belt.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    326099
    04 Nov '15 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Something tells me that Grampy Bobby is [b]not going to post over and over again on this thread asking you officiously to post it on the Culture Forum instead of here. 😉[/b]
    It's of general interest. I hadn't thought of the Culture forum. I'll look in there later. Thanks! 🙂
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55931
    04 Nov '15 08:55
    Originally posted by Startreader
    CBS is going to make a new series of Star Trek!
    Can't wait. I loved all 770 odd episodes to date. Bring it on !!!
  6. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88320
    04 Nov '15 08:55
    Originally posted by Startreader
    CBS is going to make a new series of Star Trek!
    Yes I saw that too. It probably heralds the end of the movies for a while which is a shame as I much prefer them to the various series. I think the movie's success (especially the last two) is down to the re-characterisations of the original cast and the fast paced plot. This is something the TV producers could find difficult to compete with.
  7. Dumnonia
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88320
    04 Nov '15 08:57
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Can't wait. I loved all 770 odd episodes to date. Bring it on !!!
    Some of STNG was quite good but the other spin offs were low grade in my opinion.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55931
    04 Nov '15 09:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Some of STNG was quite good but the other spin offs were low grade in my opinion.
    DS9 was the best. T'pol and seven of nine made viewing the following 2 series bearable. Loved T'pol in the mirror universe when she was......BAD !
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    326099
    04 Nov '15 09:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Some of STNG was quite good but the other spin offs were low grade in my opinion.
    I'm currently enjoying the re-runs of Deep Space Nine on CBS Action. Enjoying them rather more this time round, actually. I like seeing the way the whole story is being developed. I'd always felt it was the weakest series and yet there are some good elements as well as the less good.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    04 Nov '15 09:161 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    DS9 was the best. T'pol and seven of nine made viewing the following 2 series bearable. Loved T'pol in the mirror universe when she was......BAD !
    Yeah, Voyager was naff until Seven showed up. I gave up on Enterprise w/Cptn Archer; every episode I saw just had me gritting my teeth.

    EDIT: I'm curious whether the next ST movie is going to reset the original time line. If Vulcan is dead and stays dead, it means a lot of the original stories cannot have happened.
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55931
    04 Nov '15 09:20
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I'm currently enjoying the re-runs of Deep Space Nine on CBS Action. Enjoying them rather more this time round, actually. I like seeing the way the whole story is being developed. I'd always felt it was the weakest series and yet there are some good elements as well as the less good.
    It seems that a lot of Trekkies didn't like DS9 but I loved it. Not sure what it was that I liked about it as there were no rampant beauties in it but still ranks as the best of the bunch with me. Favourite character from all series.......T'pol closely followed by Seven of Nine.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55931
    04 Nov '15 09:23
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Yeah, Voyager was naff until Seven showed up. I gave up on Enterprise w/Cptn Archer; every episode I saw just had me gritting my teeth.

    EDIT: I'm curious whether the next ST movie is going to reset the original time line. If Vulcan is dead and stays dead, it means a lot of the original stories cannot have happened.
    Who watched it for the storyline ! T'pol got hotter and hotter every episode. Couldn't even tell you what happened in the show.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    326099
    04 Nov '15 10:02
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    It seems that a lot of Trekkies didn't like DS9 but I loved it. Not sure what it was that I liked about it as there were no rampant beauties in it but still ranks as the best of the bunch with me. Favourite character from all series.......T'pol closely followed by Seven of Nine.
    Kind of predictable! 😉

    Not sure who my favourite character from all series might be. Picard, Janeway...Janeway was fantastic!...Data...Spock himself. They're probably my top four. But several others come close.

    The ones I like least might be Sisko, because the guy just seems to me not to be a very good actor, and Kes, who started out ok but got very, very irritating.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55931
    04 Nov '15 10:25
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Kind of predictable! 😉

    Not sure who my favourite character from all series might be. Picard, Janeway...Janeway was fantastic!...Data...Spock himself. They're probably my top four. But several others come close.

    The ones I like least might be Sisko, because the guy just seems to me not to be a very good actor, and Kes, who started out ok but got very, very irritating.
    I didn't like that Neelix dude. Wasn't he a paedophile or something. The girl he got with was only like 5 years old or something. The guy was creepy.........and a bad actor. I would have put him out of an airlock...........just behind McTayo
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    04 Nov '15 10:29
    Originally posted by Startreader
    CBS is going to make a new series of Star Trek!
    Wut?

    Haven't heard this yet. Time to go looking.
Back to Top