1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 20:061 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Thats just crazy talk, I was referring to sixties styling you uncouth fellow. I must of seen every sixties spaghetti western imaginable, all top notch entertainment, everyone of them.
    I'm not a fellow, sister.

"Spaghetti westerns" are one thing. Italian directors like Sergio Leone left a strong legacy of the cheap but good western movie. This is where Clint Eastwood made his mark.

But westerns on TV are quite another thing. Nothing "spaghetti" about them, unless you watch them while eating a reheated can of Spaghetti-O's.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 20:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm not a fellow, sister.

"Spaghetti westerns" are one thing. Italian directors like Sergio Leone left a strong legacy of the cheap but good western movie. This is where Clint Eastwood made his mark.

But westerns on TV are quite another thing. Nothing "spaghetti" about them, unless you watch them while eating a reheated can of Spaghetti-O's.
    There are not a few excellent TV westerns, Bonanza, Kung Fu (not a typical Western but the same kind of genre), Alias Smith and Jones all top notch entertainment!! Spaghetti 'O's don't you mean Spaghetti hoops you uncouth colonial?
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 20:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 21:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There are not a few excellent TV westerns, Bonanza, Kung Fu (not a typical Western but the same kind of genre), Alias Smith and Jones all top notch entertainment!! Spaghetti 'O's don't you mean Spaghetti hoops you uncouth colonial?
    The best spaghetti western has got to be "Once Upon a Time in the West".

Charles Bronson with his harmonica .... classic !!

I believe the movie got a Best Picture Oscar.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 21:16
    Originally posted by mghrn55

yes its classic, especially the rail yard scene, 'you brought two horses too many.' 😀
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 16:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As an extra?

No I'm mean doing research on what interests kids, testing characterisations, storylines, etc.
    This confirms my suspicion all along that SW are children's films. Lucas' best work was THX 1138, imo.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 16:16
    Originally posted by mghrn55

It won some awards in Europe, but not an Oscar. It is one of the few Westerns with a real part for a woman, not merely as a tag-along to the gun-slinger.

The role of the ice-cold bad guy was quite a departure for Henry Fonda; it startled some audiences at the time.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 06:37
    Originally posted by moonbus
    This confirms my suspicion all along that SW are children's films.
    "Suspicion" Isn't it obvious they are kids films? Well family films anyway.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 08:25
    "Suspicion" Isn't it obvious they are kids films? Well family films anyway.
    In other words, they're films for everyone!

We love them!
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 09:49
    I guess we all have our SiFi expectations.
    I don't really count myself as a consumer of sc-fi - hence my failure to watch any Star Wars films (and despite my devotion to the Start Trek franchise) - but I must admit that I have started to dabble in TV sc-fi of late and have been getting some entertainment out of newish stuff - Revolution, Dark Matter, Killjoys - Firefly (admittedly, some years ago) - Almost Human - Minority Report (TV version) - Humans - Limitless - The 100 - Defiance...
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't really count myself as a consumer of sc-fi - hence my failure to watch any Star Wars films (and despite my devotion to the Start Trek franchise) - but I must admit that I have started to dabble in TV sc-fi of late and have been getting some entertainment out of newish stuff - Revolution, Dark Matter, Killjoys - Firefly (admittedly, some years ago) - Almost Human - Minority Report (TV version) - Humans - Limitless - The 100 - Defiance...
    Not a consumer of sci-fi.......dude.....you watch more sci-fi than sci-fi geeks!
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:42
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Not a consumer of sci-fi.......dude.....you watch more sci-fi than sci-fi geeks!
    I've gone from watching scarcely anything ... to being content to graze on chips watching low budget soap operas in space with leather pants and sparks coming out of consoles in every episode.
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 12:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've gone from watching scarcely anything ... to being content to graze on chips watching low budget soap operas in space with leather pants and sparks coming out of consoles in every episode.
    You don't need the leather pants to watch them. Just put on a pair of trackies and relax.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 12:36
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    You don't need the leather pants to watch them. Just put on a pair of trackies and relax.
    If I'm sure my house is secure, all my owls and gerbils are bedded down, and I'm not all out of sofa shampoo, I see no reason to wear anything.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 19:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    ... I see no reason to wear anything.
    Your neighbors might, so draw the curtains.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree