1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've never met anyone who thought the other three were up to much. The terrible CGI, horrible characters like Binks, poor casting etc. McDermind was great as the emperor of course and the final scenes in part 3 were ok. Apart from the shot with Imperial battle cruisers lifting off from Earth, which was science joke I think.
    I know lots of people who love it all!

Why are people so desperate to judge Binks so badly? It verges on racism!

😀
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I know lots of people who love it all!

Why are people so desperate to judge Binks so badly? It verges on racism!

😀
    I guess we all have our SiFi expectations. I prefer mine with a large dose of scientific imagination with a core of scientific realism, maturity, political intrigue and darkness. Even with kids the Binks thing is ridiculous. A typical Lucas invention of what he thought kids would like. I bet he Neve even ran kids engagement research. Dingbat!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:10
    I've never met anyone who thought the other three were up to much. The terrible CGI, horrible characters like Binks, poor casting etc. McDermind was great as the emperor of course and the final scenes in part 3 were ok. Apart from the shot with Imperial battle cruisers lifting off from Earth, which was science joke I think.
    "Imperial battle cruisers lifting off from Earth"?? Wait, what?

What movie was this in? This is all wrong on at least two counts.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:12
    I guess we all have our SiFi expectations. I prefer mine with a large dose of scientific imagination with a core of scientific realism, maturity, political intrigue and darkness. Even with kids the Binks thing is ridiculous. A typical Lucas invention of what he thought kids would like. I bet he Neve even ran kids engagement research. Dingbat!
    Oh, he actually did. That's the one film where I actually knew someone who was related to one of the people involved in the technical side. Her grandchildren were among the kids in the crowd watching the pod race. 🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:17
    Oh, he actually did. That's the one film where I actually knew someone who was related to one of the people involved in the technical side. Her grandchildren were among the kids in the crowd watching the pod race. 🙂
    As an extra?

No I'm mean doing research on what interests kids, testing characterisations, storylines, etc.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:21
    As an extra?

No I'm mean doing research on what interests kids, testing characterisations, storylines, etc.
    Yes, I know you did. Yes of course they were there as extras, but their father was significantly involved in the making of the film.

I think children will only get to be cynical about a character like JarJar Binks, once they realise that it's cool to think like that. The wiser children, though, eventually learn to take the film as a whole for what it's worth.

Anyway, each to his own. 🙂
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 13:23
    SW:Vll will be fine as long as he can get Harrison Ford not to act as though he's on Prozac! I know he's getting on a bit but jeez, have some effort dude.

We all know that Lucas made a complete tool-bag of the last three movies [a testament to self funding and surrounding yourself with "yes-men"] so the franchise seriously needs a shake up. I hope he ...[text shortened]... ack desperately, but not as that useless sack of petulance and no talent Christian whatshisname.
    Whereas Chewbacca doesn't appear to have aged. Just how long do wookiees live anyhow?!
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 14:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Whereas Chewbacca doesn't appear to have aged. Just how long do wookiees live anyhow?!
    He's looking a bit more moth eaten
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 15:23
    I'm waiting for a last word that ends with an "L" in the last word sentence thread. I want to throw in Llanfairpwll-gwyngyllgogerychwyrndrob-wllllantysiliogogogoch (a small place in Wales). Good luck following that. You'd have to write a novel !!!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You want sixties? I'm sure there are plenty of episodes of Gunsmoke, The Rifleman and Dragnet to keep you busy. The sixties need to be buried out-of-sight in the litter box.
    Thats just crazy talk, I was referring to sixties styling you uncouth fellow. I must of seen every sixties spaghetti western imaginable, all top notch entertainment, everyone of them.
  11. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:31
    CBS is going to make a new series of Star Trek!
    Darn...yes a strong word for the general forum

When you said good news i thought a sandman might have been run over by a bus...
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    Darn...yes a strong word for the general forum

When you said good news i thought a sandman might have been run over by a bus...
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow
    Enter sandman isn't that a Metallica theme tune?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Enter sandman isn't that a Metallica theme tune?
    I think you just got this thread taken down, Robbie.

Careless of you! Moderators, please could you actually just delete Robbie's post? The rest of us are being ever so good!

Please? 😀
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:562 edits
    I think you just got this thread taken down, Robbie.

Careless of you! Moderators, please could you actually just delete Robbie's post? The rest of us are being ever so good!

Please? 😀
    But Enter Sandman is a Metallica theme song. Here it is here.

YouTube : Enter Sandman

and most appropriate is as well 😛
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 20:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But Enter Sandman is a Metallica theme song. Here it is here.

[youtube Enter Sandman]IRQhbTxrNds[/youtube]

and most appropriate is as well 😛
    True.

Well, take a big deep breath and cross your fingers! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree