1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 11:541 edit
    I only drink water from a spring which is in a bottle. The water where I live is provided by the City that I live by and just doesn't taste right could be chlorine in the water which I believe is used year round, at least I can taste it, and it gives me dierrhea. I'll stick to the bottle water rather I'm getting everything out of it or not. I can always take supplements if required.

EDIT: All my plastic bottles are recycled for those of you wondering what happens to the empty plastic bottles.

-VR
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:01
    @fmf said
    Bottled water is the only kind of water I drink. Drinking tap water would soon make me and my family very ill. I could boil tap water, bottle it, let it cool, and then put it in the fridge, but I don't.
    If I recall you're in Indonesia, was that right? 'Developing' nations are completely different when it comes to water, it was fine to drink in Bogota but not the rest of Colombia and when I lived in Peru I bought a filtration system which made it fine but otherwise it wasn't good to drink straight from the tap.

Do you have a place you can bring your own bottles to get water?
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:18
    @suzianne said
    The bottled water I drink is mountain spring water from protected springs. It's not just "filtered tap water" which is what "purified" or "distilled" water is.
    Which brand do you drink? Unless you're drinking $10 a bottle water it won't be from a spring, they changed the ruling on what 'spring water' can be advertised as many years ago. The water you drink will be from natural underground sources, it just needs to be connected to a spring somehow, somewhere to be called 'spring water'. It's simply not possible to produce so much bottled water from springs. Also the water they do use can't last forever, as demand goes up they take more water and the water sources don't have time to get replenished naturally.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:27
    @trev33 said
    Which brand do you drink? Unless you're drinking $10 a bottle water it won't be from a spring, they changed the ruling on what 'spring water' can be advertised as many years ago. The water you drink will be from natural underground sources, it just needs to be connected to a spring somehow, somewhere to be called 'spring water'. It's simply not possible to produce so much bott ...[text shortened]... and goes up they take more water and the water sources don't have time to get replenished naturally.
    My water says: Real Canadian Natural Spring Water and I don't pay $10.00 a bottle either.

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:51
    @trev33 said
    Confess, who buys it instead of drinking tap water and why?
    I drink tap water, always have, always will, except of course when traveling. One's body gets used to it (your tap water) and a change often does upset one's system as mentioned here previously.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:59
    @trev33 said
    Do you have a place you can bring your own bottles to get water?
    We get through about eight reusable 15-litre bottles a week which we swap for full ones when the delivery guy comes around in his pick up truck. The water they each contain costs about USD 0.70 [for 15 litres]. There is nowhere we could bring such bottles to get water from. We have a well in the back yard which fills a water tank that sits on top of a 15-metre high water tower. That water would have to be boiled.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 13:01
    @very-rusty said
    My water says: Real Canadian Natural Spring Water and I don't pay $10.00 a bottle either.

-VR
    Bottles don't tell the truth. As I said, regulations mean they can claim it's spring water even if it doesn't come directly from a natural spring.
  8. old pueblo
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 13:58
    @anderssen said
    Ya got me. 😔

It's vanity.
    You never tasted Tucson tap water.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 16:50
    @trev33 said
    Bottles don't tell the truth. As I said, regulations mean they can claim it's spring water even if it doesn't come directly from a natural spring.
    That is difficult to argue with there trev. I know my father when I lived at home in the country had a well that he dug himself. Best water I've drank to this day. After they did the drilled well many decades later the water never tasted the same. The old folks say there was a spring running through there. My Father's brother found the water using a method they used at that time.

Dowsing as a Method of Finding Underground Water When he walks over a location that has the potential of yielding water, the dowsing rod will rotate in his hands and point toward the ground. Many dowsers prefer forked sticks made from willow, peach, or witch hazel wood. I don't really understand it but it did work and this was back in the day where they still had horse and buggy's before the car.

-VR
  10. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 16:51
    No I haven't.
    When I drove through Arizona I was only drinking beer. 😉
  11. old pueblo
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 19:35
    @Anderssen

😀 😆
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    10 Oct '19 20:30
    I used to like the fizzy kind but now always use tap water, even if I’m in Spain or France. I love boiled water with a slice of ginger and lime or warm water.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '19 12:03
    @drewnogal said
    I used to like the fizzy kind but now always use tap water, even if I’m in Spain or France. I love boiled water with a slice of ginger and lime or warm water.
    I take a bit of water with my dram of scotch...in the form of, just one, ice cube, who's liquid form emanated from our tap.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Oct '19 12:26
    @great-big-stees said
    I take a bit of water with my dram of scotch...in the form of, just one, ice cube, who's liquid form emanated from our tap.
    Never eat yellow snow! 😉

-VR
  15. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 03:01
    @great-big-stees said
    I drink tap water, always have, always will, except of course when traveling. One's body gets used to it (your tap water) and a change often does upset one's system as mentioned here previously.
    So far, the only common sense reply. Thanks for the post Stees.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree