Moves
    11 May '16 07:23
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No because it was a
    Slip up!

.. now where is that safe-house?
    SW1A 1AA ???
    A cryptic clue:

Take the suspicious aubergine to the monkey and ask directions to San Jose.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 May '16 07:45
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    A cryptic clue:

Take the suspicious aubergine to the monkey and ask directions to San Jose.
    ... directions Tucson Hose A?
    Is this the Primary Firefighter in Arizona?
    please repeat ... you are breaking up.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 May '16 12:21
    Originally posted by ptobler
    What's the feeling on how likely Britain is to vote to exit the EU?
    It is still about neck to neck from what I hear, but the heat is going up.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '16 13:03
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It is still about neck to neck from what I hear, but the heat is going up.
    Apparently here in the UK East Anglia , the throwing of mortar board hats after graduation is to be banned due to the politically correct bunch that have deemed it dangerous .
    There must be people that get paid thousands of pounds a year probably funded by the EU that sit in an office and think ...I haven't anything to do this week what can I dig up to justify my pay and pension , I know let's find another stupid thing to ban . I wonder what next ? maybe laces in shoes after all if they (laces) become loose you could trip and fall .
    There are hard working people in this country that get paid very little and then you get idiots dreaming up stupid idiotic p.c drivel that get paid handsomely from the government . Two fingers to the EU from me .
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '16 16:00
    Nice animated video explaining why the UK should opt out.

YouTube
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 May '16 20:05
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Apparently here in the UK East Anglia , the throwing of mortar board hats after graduation is to be banned .
    Apparently?

Either that is an outright lie or you can provide a link to the appropriate news article.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '16 21:29
    Apparently?

Either that is an outright lie or you can provide a link to the appropriate news article.
    No it's true ,honestly .
    I'm not one to provide links ( bit of a dinosaur with computers ) but if you fish around you will find its true .
    Crazy , there's a government branch of people justifying their pay by finding things to ban . My prediction on their next move will be to ban shoe laces in school ....trip hazard
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 May '16 21:44
    No it's true ,honestly .
    I'm not one to provide links ( bit of a dinosaur with computers ) but if...
    Honest mate!
    (You sell used cars by any chance???)
    I'm sure you can use google and sort through the dross to substantiate your wild claim.
    Meanwhile ....
    A leading group of economists have confidently predicted that leaving the EU will
    return the UK to the Stone Age and cause mass starvation in most areas. (apparently)
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '16 22:20
    Honest mate!
    (You sell used cars by any chance???)
    I'm sure you can use google and sort through the dross to substantiate your wild claim.
    Meanwhile ....
    A leading group of economists have confidently predicted that leaving the EU will
    return the UK to the Stone Age and cause mass starvation in most areas. (apparently)
    " Wild claim " it's true mucker .
    If we Britain ,not N Zealand ( you have sailed on the non return ship ,matey ) leave the EU, house prices will drop ( I think that's a good thing ) a third world war is possible ( where is N.a.to when you need it ?) .
    Unemployment will rise ,( Britain imports more from Europe than it exports ) .
    An unelected organisation ,yes unelected will try dictating rules on Britain ( sounds familiar maybe ?). Leaving the EU ? Britain will still trade with Europe and with the commonwealth and north America and Asia .
    The vote is soon ,it's "stick or twist " I say twist .
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 May '16 22:21
    Bertolt Brecht
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '16 22:35
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Bertolt Brecht
    😴😴😴
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 May '16 01:16
    "
    If we Britain ,not N Zealand ( you have sailed on the non return ship ,matey ).
    Hey - I'm eligible to vote and can return whenever I want!!!
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 May '16 09:10
    Hey - I'm eligible to vote and can return whenever I want!!!uu
    St Monica's catholic primary School in Milton Keynes has banned the use of whistles by teachers/staff in the playground .
    Children have to look out for teachers/staff to raise their arms to call the kids back to the classroom .The reason ?...the noise might frighten the children ...WTF is going on ? .
    You shouldn't be allowed to vote in Britain unless you are paying UK tax ?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '16 09:301 edit
    A leading group of economists have confidently predicted that leaving the EU will return the UK to the Stone Age and cause mass starvation in most areas. (apparently)
    Ted Heath started the scaremongering in the early '70s.

Latest one from Osbourne is that house prices could fall 18% if we leave the EU

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/20/eu-referendum-george-osborne-house-prices-brexit

What an idiot. How will that happen then George? And what does it matter unless you own a mass of real estate and are thinking of selling up to retire?

The video link I posted above sums it up and pretty much explains how I feel about it. My main issue is that the body in the EU/Brussels are unelected. It is an undemocratic institution and certainly not the people for the people.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 May '16 10:00
    St Monica's catholic primary School in Milton Keynes has banned the use of whistles by teachers/staff in the playground .
    ?
    WTF does that have to do with EU?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree