Originally posted by @coquette
    Oh, Please! It could happen.
    Of course it could and you might win a Million dollars along with it!!! 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:17
    My latest chess book, "I Wonder What'll Happen if Start With This?" has just past the 1 sold mark (I bought one as a present for a friend I don't like anymore) and only after 2 years. My publisher says that it might be a good idea to now go to paperback. I said, "Why? We're on a roll". He hung up on me.😳
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    My latest chess book, "I Wonder What'll Happen if Start With This?" has just past the 1 sold mark (I bought one as a present for a friend I don't like anymore) and only after 2 years. My publisher says that it might be a good idea to now go to paperback. I said, "Why? We're on a roll". He hung up on me.😳
    Did your friend like it?
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:33
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Did your friend like it?
    I don't know. We don't talk anymore.🙄😉
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:331 edit
    I don't know. We don't talk anymore.🙄😉
    So no review then? Fun post anyway. 🙂
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:41
    So no review then? 🙂
    Maybe you could buy one and then critique it?😀
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:423 edits
    Maybe you could buy one and then critique it?😀
    I would love to if it's well written. 🙂
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:53
    I would love to if it's well written. 🙂

(You never finished Avenger, did you...)
    Please send $24.95 Cdn or the equivalent in Swidish Kroner to me and I'll see that a copy wends it's way to your door. Oh, I almost forgot, please include a stamped, self addressed envelope with the payment. Thanks.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:55
    Please send $24.95 Cdn or the equivalent in Swidish Kroner to me and I'll see that a copy wends it's way to your door. Oh, I almost forgot, please include a stamped, self addressed envelope with the payment. Thanks.
    A lot of trouble - let's see if it finds its way to our book-stores eventually.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '18 13:58
    A lot of trouble - let's see if it finds its way to our book-stores eventually.
    Although I have always been a "The glass is half full" kinda guy, in this instance I wouldn't "hold my breath" for that eventuality.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Feb '18 19:471 edit
    Although I have always been a "The glass is half full" kinda guy, in this instance I wouldn't "hold my breath" for that eventuality.
    The next time you write a book, I could perhaps help you so that I can have my name mentioned on the 'thanks page', you know where writers express their appreciation to publishers, experts, family and friends for encouraging them in the process of writing the book.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '18 15:04
    GBS,

I ALMOST smiled! 😉

-VR
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 13:42
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    GBS,

I ALMOST smiled! 😉

-VR
    Then, VR, I've got work to do. 🙂
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 13:48
    The next time you write a book, I could perhaps help you so that I can have my name mentioned on the 'thanks page', you know where writers express their appreciation to publishers, experts, family and friends for encouraging them in the process of writing the book.
    Why thank you for the offer. I will, when the time comes, ask for your expertise. I have a thought for a new book, floating around in my head, where the story will take place in Southern France or Italy, two places that I believe you are familiar with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree