General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30003
    06 Mar '16 03:26
    Putting to one side people who like both equally or who like neither (perhaps), what deductions or assumptions (whether they be spurious, serious, speculative... or whatever) can we make about the character and psychology of people who prefer dogs to cats and people who prefer cats to dogs.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52937
    06 Mar '16 03:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Putting to one side people who like both equally or who like neither (perhaps), what deductions or assumptions (whether they be spurious, serious, speculative... or whatever) can we make about the character and psychology of people who prefer dogs to cats and people who prefer cats to dogs.
    What about people who have both?
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30003
    06 Mar '16 03:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What about people who have both?
    Go for it. 😛
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    10102
    06 Mar '16 03:45
    For me, it's all about the type. I'd rather have a Persian cat than a pittbull, but I'd rather have a Welsh Corgi (dog) than a Main Coon (cat).
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30003
    06 Mar '16 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    I'd rather have a Welsh Corgi (dog) than a Main Coon (cat).
    Are those cats originally from Maine?

    edit: Oh, I see the origins of the name may have something to do with the escapades of Marie Antoinette sending her pets to Maine and her never getting to join them or a certain Captain Charles Coon whose tom cats shagged the cats of New England when his ship was in port..
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    10102
    06 Mar '16 04:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are those cats originally from Maine?

    edit: Oh, I see the origins of the name may have something to do with the escapades of Marie Antoinette sending her pets to Maine and her never getting to join them or a certain Captain Charles Coon whose tom cats shagged the cats of New England when his ship was in port..
    Learning things like this is what makes this forum great.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    06 Mar '16 07:19
    Experience shows that people who own cats are ugly, insecure, cheat on their
    taxes, and are more likely to support ISIS.

    Fact.
  8. Fermata
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    94316
    06 Mar '16 07:46
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Experience shows that people who own cats are ugly, insecure, cheat on their
    taxes, and are more likely to support ISIS.

    Fact.
    People who own dogs are more likely to have a smelly house.
  9. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    4344
    06 Mar '16 08:58
    Someone one said, "Give a dog food, love, and shelter, and it thinks you're a god. Give a cat food, love, and shelter and it thinks it's a god." There's bound to be an insight in there about the psychology of those who would give food, love, and shelter to the one or the other. Seitse might actually be on the right path there (mildly overstated, as usual).
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    20165
    06 Mar '16 09:04
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Someone one said, "Give a dog food, love, and shelter, and it thinks you're a god. Give a cat food, love, and shelter and it thinks it's a god." There's bound to be an insight in there about the psychology of those who would give food, love, and shelter to the one or the other. Seitse might actually be on the right path there (mildly overstated, as usual).
    If Seitse is on the right path sir, Western civilization will have to have a rethink on where it is heading.

    I'm a dog person. (Unless my cat is listening, in which case i am definitely a cat person).
  11. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    4344
    06 Mar '16 09:10
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If Seitse is on the right path sir, Western civilization will have to have a rethink on where it is heading.
    Western civilization is not heading anywhere; it's adrift.
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30003
    06 Mar '16 09:11
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Experience shows that people who own cats are ugly, insecure, cheat on their taxes, and are more likely to support ISIS.
    I own cats but I don't cheat on my taxes.
  13. Standard memberdrewnogal
    Rocky 2008-2019
    Ecofreak
    Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    41217
    06 Mar '16 09:331 edit

    This post is unavailable.

    Please refer to our posting guidelines.

  14. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30003
    06 Mar '16 09:38
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Western civilization is not heading anywhere; it's adrift.
    But would you say that Western civilization is simply going to the dogs or would you say it hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting back on course?
  15. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    4344
    06 Mar '16 09:47
    I'd say Western civilization is engaged in a catfight with the black dog of depression.
Back to Top