Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    My favorite kind of beer. 🙂
    Ya the KING of bland beers. 😉
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 15:58
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    The winning number to the lottery is........8818. The lottery winner is: olderbutwiser, who with 10,000 numbers to choose from, came within 40 digits with his pick of 8858. Also within 100 digits were Great Big Stees, D4V, and ontheclock. ~Tony~ has a separate number which I will let him announce when he is ready. Thanks to all who played, o.b.w., hope you like the book, and good luck to ~Tony~ in his career writing chess books!
    Thanks to you, Bob!
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 16:09
    The winning number to the lottery is........8818. The lottery winner is: olderbutwiser, who with 10,000 numbers to choose from, came within 40 digits with his pick of 8858. Also within 100 digits were Great Big Stees, D4V, and ontheclock. ~Tony~ has a separate number which I will let him announce when he is ready. Thanks to all who played, o.b.w., hope you like the book, and good luck to ~Tony~ in his career writing chess books!
    Well done, Bob. You and Tony represent considerable active member asset
    value to Red Hot Pawn. Thanks again for this "Chess Book Lottery".
  5. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 06:57
    My number was the somewhat humorous.......*drumroll*.......125. If my perusing of the thread is correct, that makes the winner of one of my copies carystover! Congrats - shoot me a message with your shipping info and I'll get you a copy ASAP!

Yahoo!
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 09:39
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    My number was the somewhat humorous.......*drumroll*.......125. If my perusing of the thread is correct, that makes the winner of one of my copies carystover! Congrats - shoot me a message with your shipping info and I'll get you a copy ASAP!

Yahoo!
    Thumbs Up!
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 13:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Well done, Bob. You and Tony represent considerable active member asset
    value to Red Hot Pawn. Thanks again for this "Chess Book Lottery".
    Thanks GB. My number was created using the year of birth(88) and day (18th) of a family member. The only real verification is through Tony, who I sent the number to before I posted the lottery. Tony came up with his number with what I think he called a random generator, don't know if I have the term completely correct, but I got the feeling a computer randomly spit the number out at him. He could verify if I have this right or not. Thinking of picking up a copy of the book for myself, apparently the amount of man hours that go into something like this are staggering.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 16:072 edits
    Thanks GB. My number was created using the year of birth(88) and day (18th) of a family member. The only real verification is through Tony, who I sent the number to before I posted the lottery. Tony came up with his number with what I think he called a random generator, don't know if I have the term completely correct, but I got the feeling a computer random ...[text shortened]... for myself, apparently the amount of man hours that go into something like this are staggering.
    Quite welcome, Bob. I appreciate the thought you invested in selecting the winning number. My own pick of 2008 was simply the highest Red Hot Pawn Chess Rating Tony achieved on August 22, 2009, as shown in the graph of his site profile.

Footnote: Interestingly, the winning pick for Tony's gift was posted on page one:
    Originally posted by carystover
    This is fun! 0049
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 16:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Quite welcome, Bob. I appreciate the thought you invested in selecting the winning number. My own pick of 2008 was simply the highest Red Hot Pawn Chess Rating Tony achieved on August 22, 2009, as shown in the graph of his site profile.
    Tony in real life is a thermal engineer. He has a very interesting rating history but
    i am certain if he gave up work and just devoted his life to chess at the very least he's a master.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '15 16:15
    Tony in real life is a thermal engineer. He has a very interesting rating history but
    i am certain if he gave up work and just devoted his life to chess at the very least he's a master.
    Yes. His play already in our conversational Fischer Random960 Game in progress reinforces your statement.
  11. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 03:18
    You guys are far too kind. 😀
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 15:31
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Ya the KING of bland beers. 😉
    No, it's the older Budweiser. That's the real one, from Budweis, Czechia, not the Leftpondian fake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree