1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 21:02
    @very-rusty said
    The flake is in the lead over the twirl by 6% at the moment.

Of course there still is a couple of days left anything can happen.

-VR
    The fix seems to be in for the Galaxy / Dove Caramel: not only has it been allowed to form a tag team but it’s getting two bites of the cherry 🎻
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 21:171 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    For a scouser your quite bourgeois 👨🏻‍🎨
    Congrats on the other competition 👍
    Embourgeoised apparently, although when the bank uninvitedly put Dr on my credit card it just caused an assistant in Lewis's to go into the office and loudly ask 'do you think this is a stolen card?'

Edit: That's a true story!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 22:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    For the love of God, why is Lion bar struggling?
    There’s still time, voted for lion bar myself.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 06:37
    @trev33 said
    There’s still time, voted for lion bar myself.
    It's a dangerous game investing too much hope in knockout competitions. 😉
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 11:24
    @petewxyz said
    It's a dangerous game investing too much hope in knockout competitions. 😉
    🥶
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 14:40
    @kevcvs57 said
    The fix seems to be in for the Galaxy / Dove Caramel: not only has it been allowed to form a tag team but it’s getting two bites of the cherry 🎻
    He couldn't put the cherry blossom in as it would stand head shoulders above the rest Chocolate covered, creamy insided with a cherry, what more could anyone want? 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 18:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    For the love of God, why is Lion bar struggling?
    Lion bar and twirl in trouble, will the ghost have any favourites in the last 8?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 19:44
    @trev33 said
    Lion bar and twirl in trouble, will the ghost have any favourites in the last 8?
    I'm good with Snickers, Maltesers or Toblerone.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 22:07
    @petewxyz said
    Embourgeoised apparently, although when the bank uninvitedly put Dr on my credit card it just caused an assistant in Lewis's to go into the office and loudly ask 'do you think this is a stolen card?'
    Funny. I suppose you can't be a doctor with a working class accent?
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 23:56
    @petewxyz said

Edit: That's a true story!
    We all want to be Embourgeoised but You’ll need to work on that accent mate 😊
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 08:131 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Funny. I suppose you can't be a doctor with a working class accent?
    Either that or the row of watches I had inside my coat! More seriously I don't really know why. I was discussing the memory with my wife when I wrote it, as she saw it from a few feet away. It was Lewis's in Liverpool (since closed down) so possibly more to do with dress. I was recently qualified and it was a long course so bought second hand coats etc which worked as a student in Manchester in the early 80s but not so much in the centre of Liverpool.

Edit: In fact thinking about it, it probably says more about the world view of the assistant, as it would have been all about labels in those days with 'working class' (now known as essential working class) into labels or fake labels from the market. In fact anybody with more experience would probably have associated second hand clothes with a student journey so more middle class although maybe I was older whilst working off the debt. I probably just looked different and skint!
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 15:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm good with Snickers, Maltesers or Toblerone.
    Last 8 should be interesting, Toblerone does seem to be romping it regardless of the opponent but crunchie hanging in there as well.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 18:41
    @trev33 said
    Last 8 should be interesting, Toblerone does seem to be romping it regardless of the opponent but crunchie hanging in there as well.
    Minutes away. Don't let the Ghost intimidate the officials. No injuries, no added time.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 19:09
    @petewxyz said
    Minutes away. Don't let the Ghost intimidate the officials. No injuries, no added time.
    All have finished but Flake vs Twirl, time for a comeback?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree