1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '20 18:41
    @very-rusty said
    Why can't you guys go out for walks instead of eating to pass the time?

-VR
    Why can't you contribute to a thread without hassling everyone all the time? This is really getting out of hand.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 May '20 18:452 edits
    @suzianne said
    Why can't you contribute to a thread without hassling everyone all the time? This is really getting out of hand.
    I made a common sense statement, if you're going to eat, you must get your exercise in. If that is considered hassling then so be it! 😛 😉

Your commenting on my every statement is getting out of hand also Suzie Q!!!!

-VR
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    08 May '20 21:35
    @divegeester said
    What limitations on shopping?
    In my family we all had COVID for six weeks. Neighbours kindly dropped shopping off for us. They were having to queue to wait for a socially distant slot in the shop. We obviously were grateful for whatever they brought and got creative to spin things out. All well now.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 May '20 21:44
    @petewxyz said
    After making a bowl of boiled rice I noticed some black pudding in the fridge that needed using. Fried up and mixed into the rice might not sound appealing (and I had a jar of mayo to hand and tomato ketchup available to rescue the situation). Didn't need to add anything. Succulent and tasty.

Made me wonder if anybody else had stumbled on any interesting combinations with the current limitations on shopping?
    I’ve already been told that I’m a weird eater?
    Breakfast is sometimes bread with peanut butter and a slice of edam topped with kiwi fruit or banana. Tonight I made a coleslaw with grated beetroot & swede and had that with a rollmop herring, tinned sweetcorn and chick peas 😋
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 May '20 22:00
    @petewxyz said
    In my family we all had COVID for six weeks. Neighbours kindly dropped shopping off for us. They were having to queue to wait for a socially distant slot in the shop. We obviously were grateful for whatever they brought and got creative to spin things out. All well now.
    Happy to hear everyone made it!

-VR
  6. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    08 May '20 22:07
    @drewnogal said
    I’ve already been told that I’m a weird eater?
    Breakfast is sometimes bread with peanut butter and a slice of edam topped with kiwi fruit or banana. Tonight I made a coleslaw with grated beetroot & swede and had that with a rollmop herring, tinned sweetcorn and chick peas 😋
    Love making up different coleslaws. This week had red onion, white cabbage, little bit of carrot, yoghurt and mayonnaise (half/half) salt and pepper. Had that one mixed up with boiled rice, hoisin sauce and tinned crab meat. Loved it. Love rollmop herrings! Mixing up sweet corn with crab meat, hoisin and rice works for me as well.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    08 May '20 22:51
    @petewxyz said
    Love making up different coleslaws. This week had red onion, white cabbage, little bit of carrot, yoghurt and mayonnaise (half/half) salt and pepper. Had that one mixed up with boiled rice, hoisin sauce and tinned crab meat. Loved it. Love rollmop herrings! Mixing up sweet corn with crab meat, hoisin and rice works for me as well.
    The yoghurt with mayo sounds a good idea. Is crabmeat sold minus the crab and is it expensive?
    I love rice. It’s so quick and tasty with a veggie stir fry or beaten egg and a few spinach or chard leaves stirred in at the end. Have also started making my own kefir. I whiz frozen berries into it for a delicious frothy, yogurty shake.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    08 May '20 23:54
    @divegeester said
    Dress up like an Astronaut before you set foot out side, armed with a revolver, bleach & tape measure. Don't forget your wallet!
  9. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    09 May '20 10:36
    @drewnogal said
    The yoghurt with mayo sounds a good idea. Is crabmeat sold minus the crab and is it expensive?
    I love rice. It’s so quick and tasty with a veggie stir fry or beaten egg and a few spinach or chard leaves stirred in at the end. Have also started making my own kefir. I whiz frozen berries into it for a delicious frothy, yogurty shake.
    Just tinned crabbed meat (lumps not shredded) and it comes in the old style recyclable tins!

Home made banana and yoghurt smoothies!
  10. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    09 May '20 11:11
    Love the crab 🤗
    Even imitation crab (Pollock)
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '20 13:06
    @divegeester said
    Some supermarkets have restrictions on the number of same items you can buy. Observed an interesting quarrel between a customer and checkout assistant in Waitrose as he had bought 4 flavored teas and was told he could only buy three.
    "But they are all different flavors' he protested.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 May '20 13:301 edit

Removed by poster

13. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    09 May '20 23:48
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Similar circumstances in Aldi - amusing at a distance in a vouyer kind of way...
  14. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    11 May '20 00:00
    Candy coated peanuts in soup?

Bad idea 🤮
  15. Joined
    01 May '20
    Moves
    23 May '20 23:40
    I cut chicken breast into strips and cooked it in bacon grease.

😮 It was soft and tender and tasted great 🤗

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree