Dark Knight

Dark Knight

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
04 Aug 08
1 edit

It was okay.
Not a brilliant film and Heath Ledger, while quite amusing, certainly wasn't oscar material (although many oscar winners aren't either).

Edit:
And that Bale guy who plays Batman... I've got a rake in the back garden that acts better than him. The man is expresionless (like in American psycho... which was total piece of crap film).

I wasn't disappointed in the film though. It just wasn't as great as everyone's making out it is.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
It was okay.
Not a brilliant film and Heath Ledger, while quite amusing, certainly wasn't oscar material (although many oscar winners aren't either).

Edit:
And that Bale guy who plays Batman... I've got a rake in the back garden that acts better than him. The man is expresionless (like in American psycho... which was total piece of crap film).

I ...[text shortened]... t disappointed in the film though. It just wasn't as great as everyone's making out it is.
I think that the Bale did a good job when he had to be the spoiled, dimwitted, vain Bruce Wayne... As Batman he is supposed to be expresionless.

And tell me some Oscar winners that had a better performance than Ledger. And please mind that I'm talking about Best Supporting Actor.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by adam warlock
I think that the Bale did a good job when he had to be the spoiled, dimwitted, vain Bruce Wayne... As Batman he is supposed to be expresionless.

And tell me some Oscar winners that had a better performance than Ledger. And please mind that I'm talking about Best Supporting Actor.
I can comprehend Bale being stiff as Batman (however, why someone would walk around with a mask on with pointy ears, is beyond me), but he's just as stiff as Bruce Wayne.

Oscars for best supporting actor which are (far) more deserved than one for Heath Ledger:

Javier Bardem in "No country for old men".
Michael Caine in "The Cider house rules"
Joe Pesci in "Goodfellas"
Christopher Walken in "The deer hunter"

Roles which should have won an oscar for best supporting actor, which were still more deserved than Heath Ledger:

Samuel L. Jackson in "Pulp fiction"
John Goodeman in "The Big Lebowski"
And, probably ironically, Paul Bettany in "A knight's tale" (starring Heath Ledger).

For example. I could go on for ages.
Yes. Heath did a good job of a comic villan. But that is all.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
04 Aug 08

I can comprehend Bale being stiff as Batman (however, why someone would walk around with a mask on with pointy ears, is beyond me), but he's just as stiff as Bruce Wayne.

Oscars for best supporting actor which are (far) more deserved than one for Heath Ledger:

Jo ...[text shortened]... d go on for ages.
That's irrelevant to whether he should win it this year.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
04 Aug 08
1 edit

Jo d go on for ages.
Apart from Joe Pesci I agree with your choices...

You have to see the movie again and realise when he's being the Bruce the shallow or Bruce about to be the Batman. The scene after the car crash is a Bruce the shallow scene. I'm not saying he did a great job but he did cut it.

And this year who has done a better supporting role than Heath? 😉 And one other thing: were you or are you a comic reader? Cause if you refer to the Joker as a comic villain (either in the movie or in the comics) there's a lot to him you're missing out...

Edit: When I say that I agree with your choices I don't mean to say that I think that those performances were better than Heath's one; I just mean to say that they were great perfomances.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
04 Aug 08

It was okay.

Edit:

I ...[text shortened]... t disappointed in the film though. It just wasn't as great as everyone's making out it is.
American Psycho is a friggin CLASSIC!

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by Crowley
Agreed!

R
OK SORRY

Moves
04 Aug 08

Going to see dark knight in exactly 3 hours!!!

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
Going to see dark knight in exactly 3 hours!!!
Do control yourself young man. 😛

R
OK SORRY

Moves
04 Aug 08
1 edit

I am trying, Old Hag! 😛

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
04 Aug 08

Saw it yesterday and found it boring, contrived and bordering on nonsense. I´m quite happy to suspend belief but when things are just nonsense I find myself rather distracted. Things such as an important bloke like Dent being left in the hospital that had been evacuated and then also miraculously escaping it blowing up. Also Dent somehow surviving in the car where he´s just killed the driver.

The only bit that seemed to convey anything like the in depth issues that people keep saying the film "tackles" was rather funny and unintentional. The "I can not support the invasion of privacy" thing with the phones followed by "Oh OK, we can do it because we think it´s really important this time". Sums up exactly the justification for government´s invasion of privacy.

For me, the film had nothing except a lot of things blowing up (having had their charges set in no time at all by a single deranged makeup doll) and bullets. The film seemed dark because everybody was miserable and moodily lit. There are many films darker than this and usually with a lot more in them.

Ledger was pretty good though but I kept thinking this guy was wishing he was Johnny Depp. Looking for an Oscar winner? Check out the that chick in "Juno" or even the five minutes Vanessa Redgrave gave us at the end of that dreadful "Atonement".

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by Crowley
The book was crap and the film was worse.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by Palynka
That's irrelevant to whether he should win it this year.
Maybe, maybe not.
However, it was an answer to the lad's question, wasn't it?

Yes it was.

Thank you. Go back to sleep.

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by adam warlock

Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects?
Sean Connery in The Untouchables?

Just a couple of memorable ones.

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by Wheely
[b]Saw it yesterday and found it boring, contrived and bordering on nonsense. I´m quite happy to suspend belief but when things are just nonsense I find myself rather distracted. Things such as an important bloke like Dent being left in the hospital that had been evacuated and then also miraculously escaping it blowing up. Also Dent somehow surviving in the car where he´s just killed the driver.

b]
Dont you use your seat belt? Thats how he survived - and thats an important lesson to us all!