Dark Knight

Dark Knight

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
πŸ™πŸ»

Some other realm

Moves
04 Aug 08

On texting:

When I went to Dark Knight, I didn't send any texts. There was a person on either side of me and the theater was too packed. But so many people were texting. It's commonplace. I never noticed before that so many people do it, until it was talked about here.

There you have it. I guess when you see something all the time and it's considered acceptable, you are not bothered?

Other Americans: have you found this is true?

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by adam warlock
I saw the movie recently too so let me barge in and post my thoughts on it too πŸ˜‰

I totally agree with you: not enough credit is being given to Eckhart's performance. He was really good. The second best actor in the movie. Too bad he died but apparently the big shots in hollywood think that two big villains in a movie is already a stretch for the poo ...[text shortened]... voice don't seem to work that good in longer dialogues. But overall a great f***n movie!
Its great to see a long and thought out reply - thank you for taking the time to do so.

I appreciate your comments on the Joker/Batman relationship from the comic books, unfortunately my opinion on Batman has been reduced somewhat. I know that the Bruce Wayne/Batman idea is an egocentric symbiosis (sorry about my spelling!), but keeping around a psychopathic fruit nut just to big himself up is always a bad idea! And one that should have been fatal.

If they bring back Two-Face, then I think we should all boycott the film, he fell from a reasonable distance, but with a cop and Batman on the scene, surely they would have been able to tell is he was dead or not! Or are they going to do a Dallas and make it al a dream? Please people do not bring him back, despite the actors amazing portrayal!

I agree with you on the Bat-voice, how many cigarettes must he have smoked to get it that gravely?

I have been trying to think of another actor to get the best supporting role, but realise that I have seen very few films this year, only the Indiana Jones flick, and no-one in that deserved an Oscar!

Last thought - if you were on one of the boats at the end, would you have pressed the button?????

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
05 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by surtism
Its great to see a long and thought out reply - thank you for taking the time to do so.

I appreciate your comments on the Joker/Batman relationship from the comic books, unfortunately my opinion on Batman has been reduced somewhat. I know that the Bruce Wayne/Batman idea is an egocentric symbiosis (sorry about my spelling!), but keeping around a psychopa ...[text shortened]... ast thought - if you were on one of the boats at the end, would you have pressed the button?????
Sometimes I do stop my General Forum shenanigans and ive some thought out replies just don't get used to it... πŸ˜›

Well the psychopathic nut fruit likes to Keep Batman's company too. I don't pretend to understand their strange relationship I just exposed it. Bt I do have to say that I like how they are portrayed and the way they just keep going back and forth with eachother. It's sick!!! More than anything they really are two sides of the same coin.

On the Two-Face business, and again I'm hoping I'm not coming out as naive, they never really said that he was dead. But of course I think that the most likely outcome (with 99.99999999999999999999999999% odds) is that he's dead but...

I think that this year so far no one has made a better supporting role than him. But it's still a somewhat long way till the nominees are announced.

And Sean Connery is a great actor and he was great on The Untouchables but what I'm trying to say here is that he acted. And all those other actors people said here acted too. (I disagree with some of the mentions as great supporting acting but that's another business) and Heath Ledger at least to me wasn't acting. One could truely believe that that Joker existed. I don't how to put this the right way but it was like he wasn't acting it was like he was being the Joker. And that to me has a lot of value.

If I was on the boats (I'll assume I'd be on the regular people boat) I really don't think I'd pull the button. And I really think I'd vote for no. But another question would be if I'd raise my non-agreeing voice when the bald guy said he could pull the button. I like to think I would but I don't know.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
He is so good, you wonder why you didn't notice him before in other films. It's a shame really, that he did not find a better movie to display his skill before his death.
With that Oscar nomination of he got in a movie that actually won 3 Oscars and was nominated for another 5, it is indeed a wonder you didn't notice him before.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by Palynka
With that Oscar nomination of he got in a movie that actually won 3 Oscars and was nominated for another 5, it is indeed a wonder you didn't notice him before.
To be quite honest, I thought Brokeback mountain sucked.
Oh shock horror... a film about gays.
Good grief. I live in Holland.

The brother's Grimm. Now that's a film!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
To be quite honest, I thought Brokeback mountain sucked.
Oh shock horror... a film about gays.
Good grief. I live in Holland.

The brother's Grimm. Now that's a film!
I don't see why it being about gays should mean it can't be good.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Aug 08

I don't see why it being about gays should mean it can't be good.
That's the only reason it got so much attention. If it had been about a man and a woman cheating on their partner whilst they went out fishing, it would have died the quiet and respectful death this film should have.

No, instead, because it's "hot" subject matter, it's "an oscar winning production". Utter rubbish, pish and hogwash.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
05 Aug 08

Utter rubbish, pish and hogwash.
Isn't that the tagline for the new Harry Potter movie?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Isn't that the tagline for the new Harry Potter movie?
Don't talk to me about Potter.
I've watched every one of those films at least twice and I still don't have a f^cking clue what's going on.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by rbmorris
Unwatchable, in my opinion.
It basically sucked. It is not even close to the hype about best movie of all time. Heath Ledger was a great villian but batman's voice, totally fake sounding. Michael Cain was pretty good as Q.
But the movie itself was disjointed, for instance, at the end, there were two ferries full of people about to get bombed and BM saved them but there was never even a flash to the boats afterwards. Save your money, go see Wall eπŸ™‚

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 08

That's the only reason it got so much attention. If it had been about a man and a woman cheating on their partner whilst they went out fishing, it would have died the quiet and respectful death this film should have.

No, instead, because it's "hot" subject matter, it's "an oscar winning production". .
I also don't think the film is that good, but the premise of the story is very common: a love that broke the social conventions of the time. The direction was good and the actors were good but what ruins it for me is that none of it was actually that remarkable. It's a competent film and that's it.

Overhyped? Yes. Utter rubbish, pish and hogwash? Typical overreaction.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Aug 08

Utter rubbish, pish and hogwash? Typical overreaction.
I think you'll find that when I overreact, I expand my vocabulary way beyond rubbish, pish and hogwash, dude.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Aug 08

I think you'll find that when I overreact, I expand my vocabulary way beyond rubbish, pish and hogwash, dude.
Your overreaction is the equivalent of a sane person's over-overreaction.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Aug 08

Your overreaction is the equivalent of a sane person's over-overreaction.
"Insanity is measured either by they who wish you to do what they think is average or by the amount of medication you need to behave as they think is average."

- from the booklet: "Shav, lithium and the attack of the giant purple chickens" -

S
πŸ™πŸ»

Some other realm

Moves
05 Aug 08
1 edit

I appreciated the love story and all, but I wasn't THAT impressed!

Oscar movies are not always that great.