1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 00:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The sun heats up the water inside the jar just enough to brew the tea (over several hours... like I said, it is common here, but the sun is quite penetrating and direct here, I'm not sure of the results in some place like the UK). On a hot day the jar can get very warm, it's best to use one with a handle or just pick it up by the lid, but it's heavy, so be ...[text shortened]... stion.

That's fantastic about the trains. I find history fun, but I'd not heard that before.
    As the water starts turning darker more of the suns rays will be absorbed, and so this helps to speed up the process. I did this one time to see how it works, and it doesn't take very long in full sunlight.

You said 4 or 5 teabags for a gallon of water... isn't the tea rather weak, if you are only using 4 or 5 bags for a whole gallon of water?
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 00:33
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    What ever happened to everything in moderation? 🙁
    It averages out over time. 😉 😛 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 16:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Now you need only a reasonably explanation (forgotten umbrella) for spending afternoon in a brown bar, watching through crying windows those optimists who are cycling and jogging in the rain (checking their pulses every now and then).
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 17:31
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Well at least it's not Bud."😉
    AL LEAST? Are you kidding, bud is far better!
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 01:36
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    As the water starts turning darker more of the suns rays will be absorbed, and so this helps to speed up the process. I did this one time to see how it works, and it doesn't take very long in full sunlight.

You said 4 or 5 teabags for a gallon of water... isn't the tea rather weak, if you are only using 4 or 5 bags for a whole gallon of water?
    Yes, sun tea is generally quite a bit weaker than brewed tea on a stovetop, but even then, when making iced tea, you might only add the one saucepan of brewed tea to enough water to make a gallon total. Iced tea is always less strong than a cup of hot tea, so it's rather economical, too. You can always add more teabags for your preference, but I would not go over maybe 7 or 8 or so for a gallon. Yes, it's weaker, but it is supposed to be, in my opinion. It's refreshing, not 'fortifying'. 🙂

It's true that America is not really a 'tea' nation, we're more for coffee. But I do enjoy a hot cup of Earl Grey, with milk. And even I only use 4 or 5 teabags for a gallon when making iced tea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree