1. RSA
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 22:13
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Does the playstation generation know Mozart? Yes, if they saw the movie Amadeus ... But I doubt they could name five other classical composers whose last names do not start with 'B.'
    Everyone knows that Bach is far superior to Mozart . I mean, Mozart was probably more talented as a person but one cannot compare the comparatively boring classical period with the grandeur of the Baroque period. 😀
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 03:121 edit
    Does the playstation generation know Mozart? Yes, if they saw the movie Amadeus ... But I doubt they could name five other classical composers whose last names do not start with 'B.'
    most of them have heard of Mozart. no one knows Mozart ''
    just like morrison.

why do you think they keep going to his shrine?? That guy was gold all the way and I reckon you know it 😉
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 08:08
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    most of them have heard of Mozart. no one knows Mozart ''
    just like morrison.

why do you think they keep going to his shrine?? That guy was gold all the way and I reckon you know it 😉
    Meh. I just sang some choral numbers from Le Nozze last Saturday. They're nice enough ditties, but there's no heart to them, no balls, no conviction. It goes no deeper than a very galant surface. And that, IMAO, is the problem with just about all of Mozart - except the Requiem.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 08:55
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Meh. I just sang some choral numbers from Le Nozze last Saturday. They're nice enough ditties, but there's no heart to them, no balls, no conviction. It goes no deeper than a very galant surface. And that, IMAO, is the problem with just about all of Mozart - except the Requiem.
    jim morrison is deep bro. goto sleep with 'an american prayer' . it'll free your soul if you get it. no crap. str8 up bro... i s*** you not. listen
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 12:31
    I think this discussion belongs in Culture or Debates.

Nonetheless, I think Mozart's operas are mostly lighthearted entertainment, and were intended as such. The 40th Symphony has depth though.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 01:25

Nonetheless, I think Mozart's operas are mostly lighthearted entertainment, and were intended as such. The 40th Symphony has depth though.
    You think? Bro, I s*** u not .
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Everyone knows that Bach is far superior to Mozart . I mean, Mozart was probably more talented as a person but one cannot compare the comparatively boring classical period with the grandeur of the Baroque period. 😀
    classical music has class. intelligent people are rewared by it
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 09:30
    Europeans are interested in qualities.
    Americans are interested in quantities.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 10:02

Well... if so, I can't find it. Compared to Beethoven or Dvořak, it leaves me distinctly lukewarm. YMMV.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 10:40
    Well... if so, I can't find it. Compared to Beethoven or Dvořak, it leaves me distinctly lukewarm. YMMV.
    Mozart gives me positive energy, other composers bring me passion.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 11:20
    Well... if so, I can't find it.
    That's your frailty, not Mozart's. Not every listener has ears to hear every composer. Listen again; if you still don't hear it, I can't make you.
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 12:11
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Europeans are interested in qualities.
    Americans are interested in quantities.
    Europeans run to culture.
    Americans run from it.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 12:39
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Europeans run to culture.
    Americans run from it.
    Reminds me of: "What's the difference between yoghurt and California?" Answer: yoghurt has a living culture.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 22:01
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Europeans when talking to Americans will change they way they say something if they know Americans say it differently, or at least explain the word while Americans will just say 'freshman year in college' for example without giving it a second thought that we might not have a clue what freshman year is.
    To answer the question in the title:

about the width of the North Atlantic?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 22:08
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    To answer the question in the title:

about the width of the North Atlantic?
    LOL...That would be the safest answer!!!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree