1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 11:50
    @petewxyz said
    No extremes of weather at all. I think it's down to the warm current in the sea. An extreme winter is a fine covering of snow for a day. No hurricanes. A lot heavier rain storms this year which was attributed to climate change.

More or less the same latitude as New York but the ocean currents are from the Gulf of Mexico.
    So you guys have what we would call a light dusting of snow!!! 😉

B.C. gets a lot of really heavy rain, probably why our trees look like twigs next to theirs I couldn't believe the size and how high they were on my visit there back 2011. Actually I was on an Island off of B.C little fishing community, stayed at a marina there, old friend I hadn't seen in about 30 years.

-VR
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    07 May '20 11:53
    @very-rusty said
    So you guys have what we would call a light dusting of snow!!! 😉

B.C. gets a lot of really heavy rain, probably why our trees look like twigs next to theirs I couldn't believe the size and how high they were on my visit there back 2011. Actually I was on an Island off of B.C little fishing community, stayed at a marina there, old friend I hadn't seen in about 30 years.

-VR
    You get serious hurricanes?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 11:571 edit
    @petewxyz said
    You get serious hurricanes?
    We have had several one in the winter they called white Juan we had one that same fall by the same name.

Category 2 hurricane
    Juan made landfall between Shad Bay and Prospect in the Halifax Regional Municipality early on September 29 as a Category 2 hurricane with winds of 100 mph (160 km/h). Juan retained hurricane strength while crossing Nova Scotia from south to north, though it weakened to a Category 1 storm over Prince Edward Island.

One of many but I think did the most damage so far.

-VR
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 May '20 12:02
    @very-rusty said
    We have had several one in the winter they called white Juan we had one that same fall by the same name.

Category 2 hurricane
    Juan made landfall between Shad Bay and Prospect in the Halifax Regional Municipality early on September 29 as a Category 2 hurricane with winds of 100 mph (160 km/h). Juan retained hurricane strength while crossing Nova Scotia from south to nor ...[text shortened]... ory 1 storm over Prince Edward Island.

-VR
    can you walk in a cat one hurricane?
    that might be exciting
    I've taken walks with wind gusts of 60 mph
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 12:10
    @lemondrop said
    can you walk in a cat one hurricane?
    that might be exciting
    I've taken walks with wind gusts of 60 mph
    Are you serious?

Why would you take any animal out in a hurricane?

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '20 12:14
    @very-rusty said
    I always felt relaxed after a good work
    Auto mod won’t let me fix this for you ...
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 12:15
    @divegeester said
    Auto mod won’t let me fix this for you ...
    What shame, just P.M. me if you wish! 😉

-VR
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 May '20 12:17
    @very-rusty said
    Are you serious?

Why would you take any animal out in a hurricane?

-VR
    I'm not talking about taking a cat out
    I'm talking about going for a walk in a category 1 hurricane by myself
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 12:20
    @lemondrop said
    I'm not talking about taking a cat out
    I'm talking about going for a walk in a category 1 hurricane by myself
    LOL.....I read that too quickly my bad.

I am sure you could reporters are outside in Cat 1's. Doesn't apppear they are having much fun though and the wind is blowing them pretty good!

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 13:06
    @very-rusty said

Category 2 hurricane
    Juan made landfall between Shad Bay and Prospect in the Halifax Regional Municipality early on September 29 as a Category 2 hurricane with winds of 100 mph (160 km/h). Juan retained hurricane strength while crossing Nova Scotia from south to nor ...[text shortened]... ory 1 storm over Prince Edward Island.

-VR
    This is white Juan I was talking about that followed the one we had in the fall 5 months before this one.

White Juan - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › White_Juan
    White Juan is the unofficial name given to the hurricane-strength nor'easter blizzard of February 2004 that affected most of Atlantic Canada and the Eastern United States between February 17 and 20, 2004—five months after Hurricane Juan devastated Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    07 May '20 13:41
    @very-rusty said
    This is white Juan I was talking about that followed the one we had in the fall 5 months before this one.

White Juan - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › White_Juan
    White Juan is the unofficial name given to the hurricane-strength nor'easter blizzard of February 2004 that affected most of Atlantic Canada and the Eastern United States between February 17 and 20, 2004—five months after Hurricane Juan devastated Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
    Just looked at the pictures. What happens if you are caught in that? Did it take out power lines? I'd imagine serious risk if not significant casualties? Not something you could walk through?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 14:01
    @petewxyz said
    Just looked at the pictures. What happens if you are caught in that? Did it take out power lines? I'd imagine serious risk if not significant casualties? Not something you could walk through?
    Took down trees and powerlines, I believe one man was struck by a bus while walking across the street ( not in a sidewalk crossing ). He didn't survive his injuries. If you weren't going far you could walk through it, but I certainly wouldn't chance it. Especially with those high winds, one would be stupid to be outside to begin with in it unless of course you were front line worker.

-VR
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 May '20 19:221 edit
    I play tai chi every day.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 22:06
    @huckleberryhound said
    I play tai chi every day.
    Tai chi can boost upper- and lower-body flexibility as well as strength. Balance. Tai chi improves balance and, according to some studies, reduces falls. ... Tai chi helps train this sense, which is a function of sensory neurons in the inner ear and stretch receptors in the muscles and ligaments.

-VR
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 May '20 22:08
    @very-rusty said
    Tai chi can boost upper- and lower-body flexibility as well as strength. Balance. Tai chi improves balance and, according to some studies, reduces falls. ... Tai chi helps train this sense, which is a function of sensory neurons in the inner ear and stretch receptors in the muscles and ligaments.

-VR
    I'm instructor level. Do about an hour or so everyday

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree