1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 May '20 22:124 edits
    @huckleberryhound said
    I'm instructor level. Do about an hour or so everyday
    That is great excercise, and you can teach others. How many years have you been doing it. I have buddy plays in a band he has been doing it now for 30 years. I like some of the stretches they have mastered over the years.

To get the most benefits from tai chi you need to practice for at least 15 minutes a day - every day! It is better to practice every day than to have longer tai chi workouts 2 or 3 times a week. So you might want to think about the balance of classes and practice if you get stuck for time.

You will know if this is good information or not.

-VR
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    07 May '20 22:441 edit
    @very-rusty said
    That is great excercise, and you can teach others. How many years have you been doing it. I have buddy plays in a band he has been doing it now for 30 years. I like some of the stretches they have mastered over the years.

To get the most benefits from tai chi you need to practice for at least 15 minutes a day - every day! It is better to practice every day than to have ...[text shortened]... and practice if you get stuck for time.

You will know if this is good information or not.

-VR
    It depends on what you want to do tai chi for. To prevent falls in the elderly, you can see results with three half hour sessions a week over 8 weeks. If you want to train taijiquan, you have to take it a bit more seriously, but consistency is the key.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 May '20 20:383 edits
    @huckleberryhound said
    It depends on what you want to do tai chi for. To prevent falls in the elderly, you can see results with three half hour sessions a week over 8 weeks. If you want to train taijiquan, you have to take it a bit more seriously, but consistency is the key.
    I really should look more into it now that I am getting older. I can probably find videos for instruction on the internet? A few of my buddies are already doing it, but until this covid-19 becomes less of a threat can't join them. The said they noticed a difference after only 6 weeks, but were in pretty good shape to begin with.

-VR
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    10 May '20 22:55
    @very-rusty said
    I really should look more into it now that I am getting older. I can probably find videos for instruction on the internet? A few of my buddies are already doing it, but until this covid-19 becomes less of a threat can't join them. The said they noticed a difference after only 6 weeks, but were in pretty good shape to begin with.

-VR
    Get an Instructor. There's no replacing a hands on approach with Tai Chi. You need posture correction. Maybe your buddy could teach you some simple Qigong to be getting along with. Good Luck, and let me know how it gos.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 May '20 23:131 edit
    @huckleberryhound said
    Get an Instructor. There's no replacing a hands on approach with Tai Chi. You need posture correction. Maybe your buddy could teach you some simple Qigong to be getting along with. Good Luck, and let me know how it gos.
    I've been watching a few videos, I see they talk alot about posture while showing you different movements, breathing and movement properly look to be important. An Instructor sounds like a good idea, but I think my buddies have been at it long enough as they do it on their own and have suggested to me many times throughout the years. I'll let you know how it goes.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree