Dumb things you've done

Dumb things you've done

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Jul 19

Poured coffee into the cup with eggs for scrambling rather than the empty cup... oops

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
08 Jul 19

Having been on many first aid courses I was nominated as the first aider at work.
All went smoothly until some poor benighted swine cut his head and I was called to attend.
The chumps already on scene had been unable to staunch the blood flow.
Without thinking I quickly applied a tourniquet around his neck.
The bleeding did stop, but I was removed from first aid duties shortly afterwards.

They asked me if I required counselling. I said losing the £80 per month (approx. $100) first aid allowance was upsetting but counselling was not required.

Moves
08 Jul 19

@the-gravedigger said
Having been on many first aid courses I was nominated as the first aider at work.
All went smoothly until some poor benighted swine cut his head and I was called to attend.
The bleeding did stop, but I was removed from first aid d ...[text shortened]... the £80 per month (approx. $100) first aid allowance was upsetting but counselling was not required.
I've asked an abdominally plump lady about the due date of her baby. She wasn't pregnant.

I'm still spitting-out the black feathers from that debacle. 🙂

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 Jul 19

I had been up since 2 am, as usual, and was leaving the stop smoke clinic. As I was leaving with my pushbike there was a loud noise as I forgot it was locked to the downpipe.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jul 19

@wolfe63 said
I've asked an abdominally plump lady about the due date of her baby. She wasn't pregnant.

I'm still spitting-out the black feathers from that debacle. 🙂
OMG wolfy how embarrassing for you & her...Did she have some choice words for you that can't be repeated on here?

-VR

is getting old...

Moves
08 Jul 19

LoL they're all funny 😄

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Jul 19

Many years ago on a boozy night out down the pub it was just before
last orders. My mate offers to be a round but I've had enough
(I still have most of my pint left from previous round) and refuse a
drink. After some negotiation I agree to half a pint as a top up.

My mate returns and hands me my beer.
Which I pour into my still half-full pint glass to top it up.
... except he hadn't bought me a half as promised, it was another pint!

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
08 Jul 19

i was as polite as could be
i asked her nicely if i could touch her hair
she was coy, but nodded her assent
when i ran my finger across her top lip

that's when the fight started

is getting old...

Moves
08 Jul 19

Hahahaha

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jul 19

@rookie54 said
i was as polite as could be
i asked her nicely if i could touch her hair
she was coy, but nodded her assent
when i ran my finger across her top lip

that's when the fight started
That is a lot of B.S....Hell I can smell it from here!!!

-VR

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@trev33 said
Poured coffee into the cup with eggs for scrambling rather than the empty cup... oops
Most of my attempts to cook scrambled eggs have been among the dumbest things I have done.

k

Moves
09 Jul 19

@trev33 said
Got married twice and spawned 4 devils. I be a rich man if I kept my thing in my pants. Ah. The memories. Gonna die a poor man

Ol' Dirty Heathen

I'm Naked!

Moves
09 Jul 19

@the-gravedigger said
The bleeding did stop, but I was removed from first aid d ...[text shortened]... the £80 per month (approx. $100) first aid allowance was upsetting but counselling was not required.
You did the proper thing. Tourniquets are a viable and effective method of precluding excessive blood flow out of the common swine's body.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jul 19

First job in London (only been there a week or two) and as I got off the train I suddenly realized my work mobile wasn't in my pocket. In sheer panic, I got the next train to Victoria and rushed to lost property in the desperate hope that somebody had handed it in. (Yes, I tried to get some random person to ring my phone, but it just rang and rang). Suffice to say, nobody had handed it in and I had to endure the embarrassment of telling my manager that I had managed to lose my phone.

Got home that evening and found the mobile plugged into the wall, charging.

is getting old...

Moves
09 Jul 19

Just about everything I do is dumb but one time I trashed my place looking for my reading glasses only to realize I was wearing them.