1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 11:17
    @very-rusty said
    OMG wolfy how embarrassing for you & her...Did she have some choice words for you that can't be repeated on here?

-VR
    Nope. She just let me dangle with the longest "pregnant-pause" in history.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 11:27
    @wolfe63 said
    Nope. She just let me dangle with the longest "pregnant-pause" in history.
    Were you embarrassed? I know I sure as hell would have been.

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 12:49
    @wolfe63 said
    I've asked an abdominally plump lady about the due date of her baby. She wasn't pregnant.

I'm still spitting-out the black feathers from that debacle. 🙂
    Tell me the lady, in question, wasn't your wife. 😲
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 12:52
    @mudfinger said
    You did the proper thing. Tourniquets are a viable and effective method of precluding excessive blood flow out of the common swine's body.
    Thankyou mudfinger. His wife and daughters even went as far as banning me from his funeral.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 12:56
    @great-big-stees said
    Tell me the lady, in question, wasn't your wife. 😲
    LOL....I would think he would know!

-VR
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 22:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    First job in London (only been there a week or two) and as I got off the train I suddenly realized my work mobile wasn't in my pocket. In sheer panic, I got the next train to Victoria and rushed to lost property in the desperate hope that somebody had handed it in. (Yes, I tried to get some random person to ring my phone, but it just rang and rang). Suffice to say, n ...[text shortened]... ged to lose my phone.

Got home that evening and found the mobile plugged into the wall, charging.
    Reminds me of another dumb thing I've done... about to leave for work but where's my wallet? Looked everywhere, I could swear it was in my trousers pocket but no, couldn't find it. About to miss the train so left with some spare cash I had laying around, but the wallet... where could it be? Tired to think back to when I had last used it, no idea. About half way into the day I remembered that I had my passport out booking flights, must of had my card and therefore my wallet as well, got back home at night and checked the drawer I keep my passport and guess what? Yup, there's the wallet.
  7. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 22:17
    @trev33 said
    Reminds me of another dumb thing I've done... about to leave for work but where's my wallet? Looked everywhere, I could swear it was in my trousers pocket but no, couldn't find it. About to miss the train so left with some spare cash I had laying around, but the wallet... where could it be? Tired to think back to when I had last used it, no idea. About half way into the day I ...[text shortened]... ack home at night and checked the drawer I keep my passport and guess what? Yup, there's the wallet.
    Have you ever noticed that when you are looking for something its always in the last place you look.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 22:40
    Opened the fridge door for light during a power cut!
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 02:26
    went back for seconds
    (this thread)
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 07:04
    @trev33 said
    Reminds me of another dumb thing I've done... about to leave for work but where's my wallet? Looked everywhere, I could swear it was in my trousers pocket but no, couldn't find it. About to miss the train so left with some spare cash I had laying around, but the wallet... where could it be? Tired to think back to when I had last used it, no idea. About half way into the day I ...[text shortened]... ack home at night and checked the drawer I keep my passport and guess what? Yup, there's the wallet.
    Once found my bank card in the fridge. To this day I have no idea how it got there.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 07:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Once found my bank card in the fridge. To this day I have no idea how it got there.
    I reckon you put it there.

Staying round a friend's house he was searching high & low for
    his favourite trainers (sneakers) and wouldn't give up. (After all -
    he'd worn them down the pub the previous night.)

They turned up in the tumble-dryer. (It had been a boozy night)
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 11:11
    @wolfgang59 said
    I reckon you put it there.
    And the little Leprechaun?

(Did I forget to mention the little Leprechaun? )
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 11:23
    Worst ever DIY disaster. (And I've had a few).

In my previous home totally replaced an old bathroom with a beautiful white suite, black granite floor tiles etc (which I had to hire a special tool to cut). Final (simple) job was to screw in a door threshold strip. Found however that I was one screw short and so instinctively reached for my hammer and pounded in a nail.

Never knew water pipes ran so close to the floor boards. Heard an horrific gushing sound and rushed downstairs to find water pouring through my kitchen ceiling. - For the plumber to replace a section of pipe, I had to pull up some of the lovely floor tiles.

Nightmare.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 11:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Worst ever DIY disaster. (And I've had a few).

In my previous home totally replaced an old bathroom with a beautiful white suite, black granite floor tiles etc (which I had to hire a special tool to cut). Final (simple) job was to screw in a door threshold strip. Found however that I was one screw short and so instinctively reached for my hammer and pounded in a na ...[text shortened]... plumber to replace a section of pipe, I had to pull up some of the lovely floor tiles.

Nightmare.
    You should have put this in the joke thread! I guess you aren't so perfect after all!!! 😉

-VR
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jul '19 13:50
    @very-rusty said
    You should have put this in the joke thread! I guess you aren't so perfect after all!!! 😉

-VR
    My perfection has been marginally exaggerated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree