Dyslexia stories

Dyslexia stories

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
61d

@suzianne said
I still say that in the instance of a bored housewife, some speed would be a better choice than some tranq.

They're not anxious, they're just tired.

You try being a soccer mom. I bet you couldn't do it.
Valium is only a very mild tranquliser, you can drive and operate heavy machines whilst taking them,they are known on the streets as benies,the really dangerous ones are the barbies as described in the valley of the dolls (they are DOWNERS).

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
61d

@david-burton said
Valium is only a very mild tranquliser, you can drive and operate heavy machines whilst taking them,they are known on the streets as benies,the really dangerous ones are the barbies as described in the valley of the dolls (they are DOWNERS).
I hear Ken likes a bad Barbie. 😲

Moves
61d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Who doesn’t? 😲

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
61d

@great-big-stees said
Who doesn’t? 😲
Mr Geffrey Winterbottom from Halifax.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
52d

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-03-abnormal-brain-children-developmental-language.html

There is actually a recent article on that ...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
52d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
naughtie barbie

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
52d

Me thinks you guys dirty minds are working over time. 🙂 😛

-VR

Moves
52d

I need some drugs for my current development of conjunctivitis. First in the left eye, which has been shedding tears and pus simultaneously for 3 days, and this morning I have it also in my right eye. Apparently the left infected the right. The left eye is very swollen and in pain. This morning, on waking, the lids were glued shut by the dried pus. It seems that my vision has being partially impaired by the continuous pus formation.

I don't make excuses for my natural dyslectic vision when I lose chess games, but this darn conjunctivitis may be responsible for my very recent poor chess moves.

Can I use a medical certificate to get the losing games annulled?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
52d
1 edit

@pettytalk said

Yes, fax a copy to Russ.
You may even win the game if it is judged that poor eye sight caused you to lose a winning position.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
52d

@pettytalk said
I need some drugs for my current development of conjunctivitis. First in the left eye, which has been shedding tears and pus simultaneously for 3 days, and this morning I have it also in my right eye. Apparently the left infected the right. The left eye is very swollen and in pain. This morning, on waking, the lids were glued shut by the dried pus. It seems that my vision h ...[text shortened]... very recent poor chess moves.

I've heard a lot of excuses over the past 18 years but that one has to be one of the better ones. I am doubtful anyone is going to believe you to begin with. 🙂

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
52d

@the-gravedigger said
Yes, fax a copy to Russ.
You may even win the game if it is judged that poor eye sight caused you to lose a winning position.
LOL@ t-g!!!

-VR

Moves
52d

@pettytalk said
I need some drugs for my current development of conjunctivitis. First in the left eye, which has been shedding tears and pus simultaneously for 3 days, and this morning I have it also in my right eye. Apparently the left infected the right. The left eye is very swollen and in pain. This morning, on waking, the lids were glued shut by the dried pus. It seems that my vision has being partially impaired by the continuous pus formation.
Get to an optician (Eye Dr in US) asap.
Probably isn’t, but it could be something else such as uveitis.

Moves
52d

@very-rusty said
I've heard a lot of excuses over the past 18 years but that one has to be one of the better ones. I am doubtful anyone is going to believe you to begin with. 🙂

-VR
I did not believe that anyone here would actually believe my excuse on chess losses. I was trying a little humor to ease the pain and discomfort from my medical condition, while expressing my discomfort at possible losses for the games I'm currently playing. One game is just about lost, for all practical purposes, including practical joking.

Well come to think about it, perhaps there may be one or two on this site that may have taken my excuses seriously.

On the serious side, I was being truthful on my present ocular condition. And needless to say, visually, imagination wise, I'm somewhat dyslectic.

Moves
52d

@divegeester said
Get to an optician (Eye Dr in US) asap.
Probably isn’t, but it could be something else such as uveitis.
Thanks for your concern and recommendation.

Very likely just bacterial conjunctivitis. My daughter is a school teacher, and got pink eye a week before I got it. And her son, a 13 months baby got it after her. But theirs lasted only a two days, and was much, much milder, and only in one eye. I was infected by one of the two, or both. But seeing that I'm an old fart, my immune system my also be old and tired, allowing the bacteria free range of both my eyes.

But I am going to a doctor if by tomorrow night the condition has worsen, especially in the right eye, which only started to show the symptoms late last night.

Again, thanks!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
51d

@pettytalk said
I did not believe that anyone here would actually believe my excuse on chess losses. I was trying a little humor to ease the pain and discomfort from my medical condition, while expressing my discomfort at possible losses for the games I'm currently playing. One game is just about lost, for all practical purposes, including practical joking.

Well come to think about it, ...[text shortened]... y present ocular condition. And needless to say, visually, imagination wise, I'm somewhat dyslectic.
My apology and wish you a quick recovery. I did assume the whole thing was a joke.

-VR