1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 15:12
    @david-burton said
    his son was on here (BerniLecoggles) as was his brother in law, he was also the arch enemy of the scotish jehovas witness whos name escapes me.
    Robbie Carrobie
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 15:13
    @pettytalk said
    Is this the real you?
    What kind of reassurance do you require?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 15:20
    @divegeester said
    What kind of reassurance do you require?
    I think we can all, (hopefully) agree that we are all human beings with real lives and real problems to overcome.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 15:28
    @pettytalk said
    I can relate a friend's story from over 30 years ago, where listening to a certain song played a significant role in eventually overcoming panic disorder. It was a case of Graves' disease, but without proptosis. Controlling an overactive thyroid with medication did not alleviate the severe panic attacks, but it appears that the medication's side effects contributed to additional problems, such as bouts of clinical depression.
    Yep. Some meds do have nasty (possible) side effects. Meant to take nifedipine for a circulation problem, but when I take it my heart literally feels like it is bursting out of my chest.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 16:15
    @divegeester said
    Robbie Carrobie
    thats the guy. plus kellyjay
  6. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 19:31
    @divegeester said
    Thank you, I’m fine.

Dyslexia for me has been a mild annoyance, anxiety however can be a mentally crippling pathology. To my way of thinking anxiety and panic attacks were something which happened to “other people”. People who just couldn’t cope with the everyday stuff of life like making a sandwich or walking the dog. My ignorance tbh.

At the time it happened to ...[text shortened]... usual life ups and downs since, but never slipped back into that horrible ascending spiral of panic.
    I’m glad everything has worked out, I never thought of going to someone my family and extended growing up never did that so it was foreign to me. How you felt sounds very familiar I also felt like I couldn’t breath and my body got hot/flushed and felt like pins poking me everywhere. Walking in circles around the house sometimes for long periods, fun times😁👍. In school I was very active in sports, especially track so I didn’t have many issues then. Another thing I did at the end was watch a monk talk about them. He talked about just sitting still through them watching, knowing they can’t hurt you, making friends and letting go with some time of course.

On the other mentioned I can get mixed up while spelling mostly and times reading the words jumble up in my brain and it will just go blank and it drives me nuts. Last week I cooked steak out with my neighbors and while eating I noticed they were cutting with their right hands and swapping the fork to pick up . I was leaving my fork in my left hand and do both but after noticing them my mind jumbles, am I doing it wrong mind goes blank struggling with the left hand for around a minute or should I now swap it. Not sure if it is the same but noticing and thinking about these things helps me overcome except spelling and getting lost at times really bad😁.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 19:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think we can all, (hopefully) agree that we are all human beings with real lives and real problems to overcome.
    Did you mean to say this to PettyTalk?
    He’s the one asking the question, not me.
  8. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 19:57
    @david-burton said
    I had a few panic attacks some that bad I had to take time off work,the only thing that helped was Valium,The doc would give me enough for 3 or 4 days,so I bought some of the internet from a verified british chemistthat I had family links to,I always have some in reserve & just knowing they are there has been a great comfort I had my last attack 8 years back when i decided to close down my company,Careing for my wife and running a firm was to much.
    They gave me a shot of that at the hospital, I haven’t ever felt that peaceful inside still got his number😁🥸.
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 20:01
    @pettytalk [i]said[/ It was a case of Graves' disease, but without proptosis. Controlling an overactive thyroid with medication did not alleviate the severe panic attacks, but it appears that the medication's side effects contributed to additional problems, such as bouts of clinical depression.
    I was diagnosed with this in my early 20’s and had mine taken out with a radioactive pill. I didn’t know this had any relation, I’ll have to look into it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 20:01
    @mike69 said
    Last week I cooked steak out with my neighbors and while eating I noticed they were cutting with their right hands and swapping the fork to pick up . I was leaving my fork in my left hand and do both but after noticing them my mind jumbles, am I doing it wrong mind goes blank struggling with the left hand for around a minute or should I now swap it. Not sure if it is the sam ...[text shortened]... thinking about these things helps me overcome except spelling and getting lost at times really bad😁.
    Maybe that’s a touch of social anxiety; very much wanting to behave the correct way and allowing that over concentration to mess with your natural poise.
  11. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 20:06
    @drewnogal said
    I decided to break the law when Covid struck. It was a case of either abandoning my ex husband to suffer loneliness, stress & depression or having him around every day. Luckily 2020 brought the most beautiful spring & summer in Wales. We’d quietly sit in my garden every afternoon. The neighbours didn’t report it as they understood the situation.
    Although I can relate to his feelings on the subject, this isn’t fair to you and your growth and happiness. I’m sorry for intruding but felt by mentioning here it was ok and no I don’t know your situation except what you have talked about here. Life is short and goes fast.
  12. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 20:09
    @divegeester said
    Maybe that’s a touch of social anxiety; very much wanting to behave the correct way and allowing that over concentration to mess with your natural poise.
    Without a doubt, and always watching people trying to fit in more.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 20:09
    Hospital anecdote:

In for a small op 40 years ago, so I was a youngster. After the op I couldn’t sleep and I couldn’t pee either for some reason. Middle of the night the cute nurse comes around and asks me what’s up etc, all embarrassed I tell her. She goes off to the locker and comes back with a tray and a syringe.
    “Turn over” she says, “this goes in your bum” Give me the jab.
    Anyway 15 minutes later I was drifting away in la-la land fascinated by the ceiling tiles.
    In the morning I asked her what it was and she says she can’t tell me as it’s illegal on the outside.
    I asked her if I could by some off of her.
    Didn’t see her again.

Don’t know what it was, but it was bloody great! 😂
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 20:12
    Did you read my mind?
    Strange indeed?? or are we a little more alike than thought without friction and discourse.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 21:08
    @divegeester said
    Did you mean to say this to PettyTalk?
    He’s the one asking the question, not me.
    I was saying it shouldn't be necessary for you to give reassurance you are being real, when sharing something personal. That was all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree