Dyslexia stories

Dyslexia stories

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
67d
1 edit

@david-burton said
I had a few panic attacks some that bad I had to take time off work,the only thing that helped was Valium,The doc would give me enough for 3 or 4 days,so I bought some of the internet from a verified british chemistthat I had family links to,I always have some in reserve & just knowing they are there has been a great comfort I had my last attack 8 years back when i decided to close down my company,Careing for my wife and running a firm was to much.
Significant unexpected life changes are mentally traumatic. This is why there has been so much news and debate post covid. I find those lockdown years to be kind of like a bad dream now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
67d

@divegeester said
Significant unexpected life changes are mentally traumatic. This is why there has been so much news and debate post covid. I find those lockdown years to be kind of like a dead dream now.
Covid was bad I suppose but since the onset of my wifes illness our social life has been on hold so we just got on with it,missed seeing my son,wife & grandchildren but we allways had facetime and phone calls,we only saw them sporadically because they live so far away.I think you may have spoke to him in the debates forum.

Moves
67d

@david-burton said
Covid was bad I suppose but since the onset of my wifes illness our social life has been on hold so we just got on with it,missed seeing my son,wife & grandchildren but we allways had facetime and phone calls,we only saw them sporadically because they live so far away.I think you may have spoke to him in the debates forum.
Oh maybe… what’s his RHP username?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
67d

@david-burton said
I decided to break the law when Covid struck. It was a case of either abandoning my ex husband to suffer loneliness, stress & depression or having him around every day. Luckily 2020 brought the most beautiful spring & summer in Wales. We’d quietly sit in my garden every afternoon. The neighbours didn’t report it as they understood the situation.

Moves
67d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
I decided to break the law when Covid struck. It was a case of either abandoning my ex husband to suffer loneliness, stress & depression or having him around every day. Luckily 2020 brought the most beautiful spring & summer in Wales. We’d quietly sit in my garden every afternoon. The neighbours didn’t report it as they understood the situation.
The law was an ass.
Lockdowns were the height of stupid imo. Political panic.

Moves
67d

@divegeester said
Thank you, I’m fine.

Dyslexia for me has been a mild annoyance, anxiety however can be a mentally crippling pathology. To my way of thinking anxiety and panic attacks were something which happened to “other people”. People who just couldn’t cope with the everyday stuff of life like making a sandwich or walking the dog. My ignorance tbh.

At the time it happened to ...[text shortened]... usual life ups and downs since, but never slipped back into that horrible ascending spiral of panic.
Is this the real you? I have not been around very long here, so I would not know if this is the first time you are publicly revealing true personal health matters.

Ironically, in terms of ratios, anxiety with panic attacks is shown to be more common among health workers, such as doctors and nurses. It may also be more prevalent among those with a higher IQ and with those who are more easily moved by the troubles others face, as well as being overly concerned with the fate of the world.

Anxiety itself, in moderation and without the panic phase, is normal and very likely to be beneficial.

Moves
67d

@david-burton said
I had a few panic attacks some that bad I had to take time off work,the only thing that helped was Valium,The doc would give me enough for 3 or 4 days,so I bought some of the internet from a verified british chemistthat I had family links to,I always have some in reserve & just knowing they are there has been a great comfort I had my last attack 8 years back when i decided to close down my company,Careing for my wife and running a firm was to much.
"I had a few panic attacks some that bad I had to take time off work,the only thing that helped was Valium."

Valium is the little yellow pill the Stones sang about in their Mother's Little Helper.

Moves
67d

Seems the thread is drifting towards the much debated 20/20 Covid Lockdowns and how it is/was seen.... good or evil? Maybe a little of both, and somethings in-between the two?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
67d

@divegeester said
Oh maybe… what’s his RHP username?
stellspafie

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
67d

@divegeester said
Agreed. The second point was pretty much the basis of the whole session. She asked me to think about doing something innocuous at work and picked driving as I was always about and about somewhere as a driver or passenger.

She coached me on techniques exactly like you describe; feel the steering wheel, sense it’s texture, what are the dials like on the dashboard. Now w ...[text shortened]... mistyped “techniques”, auto correct posted something else then I couldn’t remember how to spell it 😂
A friend used to work in the city of London in a very stressful job (in a bank) and was close to a mental health breakdown. What helped him was to look up one day, on his journey in, and to fully appreciate the iconic place he was working. (Usually he kept his head down). I find it always helps to take in one's environment, feel connected.

Moves
67d

@david-burton said
stellspafie
I know the name but don’t recall exchanging posts with him recently.

I do remember him being part of a father/son pair of posters but the other of the pair wasn’t “David Burton” so maybe one of your previous accounts.

Ps don’t get upset I’m not chasing you about a previous account 👍🏻

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
67d

@david-burton said
A legacy of lockdown for me is face timing with family.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
67d

@drewnogal said
good on ya.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
67d
2 edits

@divegeester said
I know the name but don’t recall exchanging posts with him recently.

I do remember him being part of a father/son pair of posters but the other of the pair wasn’t “David Burton” so maybe one of your previous accounts.

Ps don’t get upset I’m not chasing you about a previous account 👍🏻
his son was on here (BerniLecoggles) as was his brother in law, he was also the arch enemy of the scotish jehovas witness whos name escapes me.

Moves
66d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A friend used to work in the city of London in a very stressful job (in a bank) and was close to a mental health breakdown. What helped him was to look up one day, on his journey in, and to fully appreciate the iconic place he was working. (Usually he kept his head down). I find it always helps to take in one's environment, feel connected.
I can relate a friend's story from over 30 years ago, where listening to a certain song played a significant role in eventually overcoming panic disorder. It was a case of Graves' disease, but without proptosis. Controlling an overactive thyroid with medication did not alleviate the severe panic attacks, but it appears that the medication's side effects contributed to additional problems, such as bouts of clinical depression.