Engulfed by the realization of my mortality...

Engulfed by the realization of my mortality...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 16

Originally posted by Seitse
Dude, do you know how funny that sounds to us, Jews?
The other day you were black. Today you're a Jew. What will you be tomorrow? Elton in a pink tutu?

Don't worry. I'm not angry or in any other way emotionally unsettled.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
14 Jul 16

Originally posted by josephw
I'm not angry or in any other way emotionally unsettled.

Well, if you think materialistic achievement will cure you of your boredom then go for it. Collecting syringes has got to top the list of the most tedious, meaningless and anal things one can do. It's no surprise no one is interested.

You can't top family and friends. I raised six children and I didn't waste my time on myself. Or my money. I invested all in my family. Had some losses, but mostly it paid big dividends, and it is anything but boring.

You can keep your trinkets, bobbles and the lint in your pocket if you want. I hope they keep you good company.

Of course, there may be circumstances beyond your control that causes you to find pleasure in pondering your "collectibles", and I don't want to appear insensitive to that, so I apologize for any perceived offense in advance.

sure, sure.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Jul 16

Well, if you think materialistic achievement will cure you of your boredom then go for it. Collecting syringes has got to top the list of the most tedious, meaningless and anal things one can do. It's no surprise no one is interested.

You can't top family and friends. I raised six children and I didn't waste my time on myself. Or my money. I invested ...[text shortened]... r insensitive to that, so I apologize for any perceived offense in advance.

sure, sure.
Do you in anyway consider yourself authentic? Do you possess any attributes of character such as sincerity and honesty? Or is it just a habit that you are hostile towards anyone that tries to be honest with you?

So I'll be honest. I think you're afraid of the truth. You should be. I know I am. But I can't wait to face that light. In full. All the darkness will be vanished. Only the truth will remain.

Or, we can just keep picking at each other.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
15 Jul 16

Do you in anyway consider yourself authentic? Do you possess any attributes of character such as sincerity and honesty? Or is it just a habit that you are hostile towards anyone that tries to be honest with you?

So I'll be honest. I think you're afraid of the truth. You should be. I know I am. But I can't wait to face that light. In full. All the darkness will be vanished. Only the truth will remain.

Or, we can just keep picking at each other.
Yes! Anger, yes! Let it grow in you. Like a fire. Smoke! YEAH!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jul 16

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Jul 16

Yes! Anger, yes! Let it grow in you. Like a fire. Smoke! YEAH!
Do you practice being a dipstick in front of a mirror? Oh? You don't need practice?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
16 Jul 16

Do you practice being a dipstick in front of a mirror? Oh? You don't need practice?
Why are you so angry? Do I remind you of your ex-wife or
of her lover? What have I done to you, sweetie? It is not my
fault that the laws of nature compel you to bleed once a
month, you know?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jul 16

Why are you so angry? Do I remind you of your ex-wife or
of her lover? What have I done to you, sweetie? It is not my
fault that the laws of nature compel you to bleed once a
month, you know?
Not at all! Actually you remind me of someone that never had a girlfriend.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
16 Jul 16

never had a girlfriend.
Feels bad to know you were cheated on, uh?

F

Cobra Command HQ

Moves
16 Jul 16

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
16 Jul 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Being from Inglewood and dating your daughter?

That said, I am no longer a black man. Now I am a
former Nazi supporter come Catholic priest come
Pope come retired bon vivant.

Über-Nerd

Moves
16 Jul 16

We're heading towards chaos...
Heading? You arrived.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 16

Man, are you ever misinformed. More white men are shot by the police that black men.

And, more blacks and Hispanics are shot by black and Hispanic cops than by white cops.

You're a dupe of the media on this one old boy.
And you're a victim of conservative talking points, made so that white people can feel a little less apprehensive about what's been going on for years.

There are more white people than black people in most of America, so while "more white men are shot", it is far less by percentage. You're white, and so you cannot fathom the fear a black man feels when they see the blue lights behind them. That is called "white privilege".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 16
1 edit

There is an idea of a Seitse; some kind of abstraction. But
there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And
though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand
and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense
our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not
there.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Jul 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
And you're a victim of conservative talking points, made so that white people can feel a little less apprehensive about what's been going on for years.

There are more white people than black people in most of America, so while "more white men are shot", it is far less by percentage. You're white, and so you cannot fathom the fear a black man feels when they see the blue lights behind them. That is called "white privilege".
Do you think the apprehension a black man feels when he sees those blue lights is based on experience or on their understanding of statistics?
I wonder how a black man considers his encounters with other black men, given the enormity of crime which occurs in black on black scenarios--- which far outstrips any encounters between him and a police officer.