1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 21:03
    This is a cheat because it was an object rather than a person... but my brother and I drove into Phoenix to see the Apollo 11 command module when it came there on its tour of the nation after the 1969 moon mission. I was just a velvet rope away from it. They had a moon rock on display too, and I have seen moon rocks at the Houston space center and in a museum in New Mexico.
  2. Standard memberPawnKing
    The King of Pawn
    Birmingham, UK
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 23:30
    Met a few down the years. Jean Claude van damme in monte Carlo, Trevor McDonald & gerrard butler at the Wimbledon final this year, Ricky gervais in London, Australian cricket team in Birmingham when we won back the ashes,Leigh halfpenny at a kings of Leon concert the day he returned from the lions tour this year. On the whole, they are always much shorter in real life!
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 09:211 edit
    I was once passing through Cinciannati Airport in Ohio, when I saw Jack Nicholson.

I promptly shouted, "Hi Jack"... and was swiftly arrested.

-m. πŸ˜‰
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 10:34
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I was once passing through Cinciannati Airport in Ohio, when I saw Jack Nicholson.

-m. πŸ˜‰
    Truly awful πŸ˜›
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 13:45

-m. πŸ˜‰
    Were you "TEEd" off?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 14:15

-m. πŸ˜‰
    Good oneπŸ™‚
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 14:19
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    This is a cheat because it was an object rather than a person... but my brother and I drove into Phoenix to see the Apollo 11 command module when it came there on its tour of the nation after the 1969 moon mission. I was just a velvet rope away from it. They had a moon rock on display too, and I have seen moon rocks at the Houston space center and in a museum in New Mexico.
    Speaking of moon rocks, did I say I had one in my hand? Since I was on Apollo Tracking and timing in the early 70's, my next door neighbor turned out to be the guy who cuts up the moon rocks for the science teams. So he invited me to his lab and showed me the incredible vault that holds the moon rocks. He casually grabs one and hands it to me. I am in an epiphanyπŸ™‚

I asked him how come I can hold this precious rock in my bare hands and he said, just opening the box it was in contaminates it so that's why they have them cut open, slices going to various science teams.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 17:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I asked him how come I can hold this precious rock in my bare hands ...
    I am reminded of the start of this video, where a visitor to a lab is allowed to hold the world's most perfectly-spherical object.

YouTube
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 10:41
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I am reminded of the start of this video, where a visitor to a lab is allowed to hold the world's most perfectly-spherical object.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMByI4s-D-Y
    (Bump for Paul)
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 14:46
    German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, strolling along the Rhine river (no security, just him and his wife).
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 14:48
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I met God once, top that. 😏
    I was struck off the rolls--twice. Top THAT.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 20:371 edit
    I met Alice Cooper once when I was eating lunch at Garcia's Mexican Restaurant (the semi-ritzy one up on Camelback). He came in with his whole entourage, I figured he had just gotten through playing tennis at The Village next door.

And I met Chuck Berry at the airport in St. Louis. Actually he came up to me from behind and said "Hey, sweet thing, do you know what time it is?" I gave him the time and we were talking like ten minutes until they announced his plane and he said goodbye and left. My cousin who was picking me up just then came up and said, "How do you know Chuck Berry?" I had no clue who he was while I was talking with him.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:00
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Were you "TEEd" off?
    He would have been if it was Jack NICKLAUS ....
    ... but it was Jack NICHOLSON
    πŸ˜›
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 22:20
    When I was a young boy at 14 (1983) I was send of the ice ring by world champion all round speed skating Hilbert van der Duin because I was "skating" on my shoes instead of skates.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '14 00:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I met Alice Cooper once when I was eating lunch at Garcia's Mexican Restaurant (the semi-ritzy one up on Camelback). He came in with his whole entourage, I figured he had just gotten through playing tennis at The Village next door.

And I met Chuck Berry at the airport in St. Louis. Actually he came up to me from behind and said "Hey, sweet thing, do you ...[text shortened]... and said, "How do you know Chuck Berry?" I had no clue who he was while I was talking with him.
    To think... if you knew who he was and chatted him up properly , "Suzianne" might be a golden oldie today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree