😏
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 19:49
    Originally posted by vivify
    Does your avatar indicate the reason?
    You mean, besides the 3 failed attempts? No, never a gun. Mostly pills and bourbon.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 19:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was 'kidding' about the goat.

😞
    Whew. I was scared.
  4. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 21:37
    In a watermelon seed spitting contest I plopped one smack dab in the middle of my opponent's forehead. She has not forgiven me to this day.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 04:36
    Originally posted by LEUR
    In a watermelon seed spitting contest I plopped one smack dab in the middle of my opponent's forehead. She has not forgiven me to this day.
    It was not the seed so much as the loud guffaw that accompanied it. 😕
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 05:162 edits
    I seem to have a habit of meeting people recently who get shot by the police. Maybe they act that way towards them because of my TBI that the police did. One got shot in the head and leg with a gun but survived and another got tasered. But, yeah a policeman, Duncan Taylor, got shot and killed shortly after my TBI in the small town I was living in and often wonder if all this crap goes on because of me. Just because 3 cops did what they did for the choice of one doesn't mean I would want a good cop dead. Reminds me of France where a cop used an expandable baton up the black guys ass and everyone goes crazy. We don't get to vote on your mental illness.

I recently had a taser pointed at me a year or so ago but she quickly put it down when she realised it had nothing to do with me and visited me again not long after giving me lots of smiles and telling me they would take care of all my problems of noise sensitivity problems. I guess I have a bit of a crush on her now and she changed my view of the police who have always seemed to be against me because of my heavy drinking which I have given up and do NOT miss.

When I was younger and drunk like crazy I invited some friends of a friend around for some sculling of straight bourbons. I ended up spewing up in bed and went to sleep. I got awoken by a fight that had started with my uncle(who lived next door) and one the guys at my place who had grabbed one of my work knives as I was boning beef at the time. My uncle was also armed as he had been building a veranda at the back of his place and had a hammer. When I got outside the guy with the knife was running at my uncle trying to stab him but each time my uncle would hit him on the head with the hammer and knock him back. So I snuck up behind the guy with the knife(MY KNIFE) and managed to disarm him as we both fell into my fence and I knocked myself out briefly... on the fence. When the police arrived he was splattering his blood all over the women police officer. In those days they didn't have tasers but didn't need one anyway cause I had single-handedly sorted the situation out.😀 . A few years later my friend found him hanging in his garage where the little skinny wire which cut right into his neck cause he wanted to be cool. Not guns but still interesting.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 07:10
    Originally posted by vivify
    Any of you here ever been in a position where you had to fire (or at least point) a gun at someone to defend yourself? Or, has anyone here ever been shot at (or had a gun in their face)?
    Yes, yes and yes.

No, I don't want to talk about it.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 10:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, yes and yes.

No, I don't want to talk about it.
    Hence your post?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 10:51
    Originally posted by apathist
    Hence your post?
    Nor does she want to talk about how she has saved so many homeless people's lives using CPR on the 'sidewalk' or in cars rushing to hospitals - sometimes they lived, sometimes they died - but there have been so many whose lives she saved, she has flat out lost count... she won't want to talk about that either. 😛
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 12:52
    Originally posted by Seitse
    You mean, besides the 3 failed attempts? No, never a gun. Mostly pills and bourbon.
    It's possible to overdose on Bourbon biscuit?!? 😲

What about custard creams, I'm safe with custard creams right?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 13:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nor does she want to talk about how she has saved so many homeless people's lives using CPR on the 'sidewalk' or in cars rushing to hospitals - sometimes they lived, sometimes they died - but there have been so many whose lives she saved, she has flat out lost count... she won't want to talk about that either. 😛
    FMF,

Jealousy will get you no where! 😛

-VR
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 13:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    True to your MO.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 14:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't want to talk to pathetic whiners who only want to cause trouble, either.

Twist that away, pretzel boy.

At least I'm not insisting that I have buddies in the yakuza.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 17:00
    Last time I shot a man was when he spelt defence with an "s".
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 17:21
    Originally posted by rookie54
    you want every time i've had a weapon pointed at me,
    or just the scary times???
    A slang word in Britain for a penis -weapon .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree