1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 May '20 20:25
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Do you think the heroine in the story, I can’t recall her name at the moment, was always part fish person?
    Eliza, was it? I didn't think of it, but there was an immediate connection between them. I may watch it again.
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    01 May '20 20:52
    @torunn said
    Eliza, was it? I didn't think of it, but there was an immediate connection between them. I may watch it again.
    I think I’ll have to watch it as well. It changes the story considerably if you think of her as a fish person from the start.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 May '20 00:58
    @wolfgang59 said
    Octopuses are smarter.
    Maybe even octopodes, but not octopi.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 May '20 07:10
    @hand-of-hecate said
    I think I’ll have to watch it as well. It changes the story considerably if you think of her as a fish person from the start.
    I think it's the kind of love we find in Spielberg's 'E.T.' - the unconditional love that only sees similarities between two souls. The connection is there from the beginning with open hearts and minds. Elisa is mute since birth and lives an isolated life. She understands the creature's message "Me and you together forever."
    I may watch it again, I just hope it won't lose its magic.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    02 May '20 13:47
    Nova Scotia has the best fish on the planet! Nobody makes fish like we do. I often walk down to the docks and pull fish right out of the bay with my bare hands!

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 May '20 14:05
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Nova Scotia has the best fish on the planet! Nobody makes fish like we do. I often walk down to the docks and pull fish right out of the bay with my bare hands!

-VR
    Surely my eyes deceive me. 😲

Kinda like when you write the word orange in red ink.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    02 May '20 15:05
    @great-big-stees said
    Surely my eyes deceive me. 😲

Kinda like when you write the word orange in red ink.
    LOL....Now that was funny, made me laugh out loud!!!

-VR
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 May '20 15:27
    @hand-of-hecate said

-VR
    Real men punch them first and eat them raw.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    02 May '20 15:341 edit
    @trev33 said
    Too bad you’re not a real man Trev! LOL! 🙂

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 May '20 15:55
    @trev33 said
    Have you ever actually tried punching a fish, any fish? 😛 😉

-VR
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '20 10:58
    cod n chips
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '20 11:35
    @badradger said
    cod n chips
    As I teenager I worked in a fish plant for a summer. My job was deworming the fish...........Cod was the worst even under a bright light in a line with many people doing it, there were still worms left in the fish. That is what you are eating when you have cod....Personally I don't eat cod EVER!!!!! People can talk all they want about protein in the worms but you are welcome to them!

-VR
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '20 11:421 edit
    @very-rusty said
    As I teenager I worked in a fish plant for a summer. My job was deworming the fish...........Cod was the worst even under a bright light in a line with many people doing it, there were still worms left in the fish. That is what you are eating when you have cod....Personally I don't eat cod EVER!!!!! People can talk all they want about protein in the worms but you are welcome to them!

-VR
    yeah mostly stick to haddock at home but a lot of brit fish shops push the cod
    in fact i had haddock poached in milk the last 2 nights, having tuna tonight.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '20 11:461 edit
    @badradger said
    yeah mostly stick to haddock at home but a lot of brit fish shops push the cod.
    Strange we are fishing place on the East coast, along with farming.

In Newfoundland there is not a haddock to be found anywhere. I think it is probably all shipped away. All they have there is Cod unbelievable. Now if someone knows a place where they may have it over in Newfoundland let me know. I am so Happy I live in Nova Scotia, we have lots of Haddock here!

-VR
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '20 11:521 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Strange we are fishing place on the East coast, along with farming.

In Newfoundland there is not a haddock to be found anywhere. I think it is probably all shipped away. All they have there is Cod unbelievable. Now if someone knows a place where they may have it over in Newfoundland let me know. I am so Happy I live in Nova Scotia, we have lots of Haddock here!

-VR
    scotian banks/bay of fundy/eastern george banks.....are any near your part of canada. since 94 cod fishing was banned in canada untill about 5 years ago.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree