Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Listen to Mr. Objectivity himself speak. Talk about calling the kettle black.
Listen, numbnuts.
The entirety of my posts on the topic have been strictly limited to what can be scientifically verified.
You have avoided addressing the very pointed and very specific issues with nearly any manner of distraction possible.
Simply stated, you have no answer for even one of the two questions put to you.
Moreover, the distractions you have attempted to throw out (Coriolis Effect, for one) blew up in your face by undermining the counter you thought they represented for your case.

Riddled with vitriol and insult, you've exhibited a literal nosedive into a pool of subjectivity from which have yet to emerge.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I know the Bible well enough to understand the concept good vs evil and how it is depicted within it, the accounts of the various protagonists and how the sovereignty of God has permitted that to be played out. Surely, after reading my posts in our exchanges for nearly a decade you don't think I am ignorant of the basic Biblical accounts!

What I don ...[text shortened]... d way of saying the are those on other worlds who could somehow mix the the will of God and man?
I think I see what your concern is with the statement.
Patriotic emotionalism notwithstanding, even here in the good ol' US of A, we must eventually mature and wise to the fact that--- despite the stated intentions in the Preamble--- even the freedom loving founding fathers of this brave, new experiment held little hope for a many-kinged kingdom.
And they got it wrong right off the bat by purposely marginalizing ethnicities and those outside of specific economical classes.
Simply by heading down a path which requires government, the founders knew the inevitable slavery was a foregone conclusion.
And here we sit.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
What does a misguided Bible denier such as yourself know about questioning someone else's objectivity?
Pay attention, Freaky. I am not, nor have I ever been, a Bible denier. I consider it a monumental work of literature.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Pay attention, Freaky. I am not, nor have I ever been, a Bible denier. I consider it a monumental work of literature.
And by relegating it to literature status, you deny the veracity of its claims otherwise.
That is textbook subjectivity, without a shred of critical thinking applied.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jul 16
1 edit

And by relegating it to literature status, you deny the veracity of its claims otherwise.
We look at the evidence. There is no god coming down to Earth and that is a fact. We humans are strictly on our own, live or die by our own petards. WE are the ones who will fix the stupidity and past greed of mankind screwing up the entire planet or we won't and suffer the consequences.

You don't really expect some deity to come down when Earth is in such bad shape as to threaten the existence of mankind directly do you?

You figure a deity will only let things go so far bad before it comes down and fixes all our boo boo's?

Who is being subjective now?

We already know 200 MILLION died in century 20 and 19 in religious and secular wars and no god even spoke a word to help.

So 2 Billion could just as easily die and no word from your so-called gracious god. Or 20 billion if that is how many we have on Earth in a couple hundred years. There will be no sniffles of regret from some deity if that happens AND Earth will collectively breath a sigh of relief to get rid of the human pests totalling the planet.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Jul 16

I think you need to look up the definition of literature.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16

We look at the evidence. There is no god coming down to Earth and that is a fact. We humans are strictly on our own, live or die by our own petards. WE are the ones who will fix the stupidity and past greed of mankind screwing up the entire planet or we won't and suffer the consequences.

You don't really expect some deity to come down when Earth is in s ...[text shortened]... th will collectively breath a sigh of relief to get rid of the human pests totalling the planet.
Get.
Off.
Your.
Soap box.
Preacher.

FFS, you're a damn broken record playing the same bs rant.
You are about as clueless as possible in the area of historical perspective or even what life is about in general... and this so-called non-existent God is to blame.
You have all this time on your hands, so what's say you spend some of it actually studying history?
Unreal.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16

I think you need to look up the definition of literature.
I'm fairly confident we both know what you mean when you use the term.
Unless you're now saying you accept the claims of divinity the Bible makes about God?

Read a book!

Moves
04 Jul 16

I'm fairly confident we both know what you mean when you use the term.
Unless you're now saying you accept the claims of divinity the Bible makes about God?
The claims of divinity in the Bible are opinions, some plausible and some unsupported by evidence.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16

The claims of divinity in the Bible are opinions, some plausible and some unsupported by evidence.
Now you're a politician?
Surely you can be less opaque.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jul 16

Now you're a politician?
Surely you can be less opaque.
I can be much less opaque. The bible was written and conceived entirely by humans, no god involved. The books of the bible were chosen by the council of Nicea around the year 400 in a huge political battle over which book gets to be in the bible. Before that there WAS no bible except for the first few chapters of the OT.

If you want to claim a deity helped write the bible, we would like you to provide proof.
Ah, you don't have that, you only have faith. Gotcha.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Jul 16

I can be much less opaque. The bible was written and conceived entirely by humans, no god involved. The books of the bible were chosen by the council of Nicea around the year 400 in a huge political battle over which book gets to be in the bible. Before that there WAS no bible except for the first few chapters of the OT.

If you want to claim a deity help ...[text shortened]... ble, we would like you to provide proof.
"The bible was written and conceived entirely by humans, no god involved."

That's just your opinion. Entirely subjective, based on human viewpoints.

" The books of the bible were chosen by the council of Nicea around the year 400 in a huge political battle over which book gets to be in the bible."

No they weren't. That's just more misinformation you've bought into.

"Before that there WAS no bible except for the first few chapters of the OT. "

The scriptures have been around for thousands of years, without a break. The books of the Bible as we now have them were codified by the apostles and prophets of the first century. You've bought into the lie.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
04 Jul 16

If you want to claim a deity help ...[text shortened]... ble, we would like you to provide proof.
Again, STFU until you have an opinion that is at least informed by a modicum of research and introspection.
Until then, your rants are the deleterious ramblings of an ass.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jul 16
1 edit

Again, STFU until you have an opinion that is at least informed by a modicum of research and introspection.
Until then, your rants are the deleterious ramblings of an ass.
Maybe it's time for YOU to learn about the bible and where they chose the canon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon#Development_of_the_New_Testament_canon

But where it came from has nothing to do with the fact there was no deity involved. There are too many other religions where people of those faiths swear their religion is THE true religion and others like YOURS is the false one.

A real god would never have set up such a system. And the BS tale that it is all from some devil is just that, BS. A god capable of bringing in entire universes would never have any problem with some little would be god. Your god is supposed to have infinite power and all the has beens cannot be infinite therefore your god could just flick its rhetorical finger and the would be's would be history.

That didn't happen because the whole affair was invented by men but you are too propagandized and brainwashed to even consider such a state of affairs.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Jul 16

Maybe it's time for YOU to learn about the bible and where they chose the canon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_biblical_canon#Development_of_the_New_Testament_canon

But where it came from has nothing to do with the fact there was no deity involved. There are too many other religions where people of those faiths swear their ...[text shortened]... d by men but you are too propagandized and brainwashed to even consider such a state of affairs.
You've made a huge blunder in reasoning sonhouse. First of all you lambast the idea that a God exists, and criticize anyone foolish enough to believe that God exists, and in complete confusion you cite as a reference those you consider to be duped by religion as authoritative on the canonization of scripture.

It's completely duplicitous. Whether you know it or not.

I'm telling you in no uncertain terms that you are absolutely wrong about the origin and codifying of scripture as is Wikipedia and those of any council at anytime.

Besides that I doubt you even read your own reference because if you had you'd understand that what you're talking about is pure rubbish.

For the last time, today anyway, it is completely illogical to assume the canon of scripture wasn't codified in the first century by those apostles and prophets to whom that responsibility was given.

The entire known world was awash with the scriptures by the end of the first century. And anyone that thinks that those impious and religiously greedy bozos five hundred years later had anything to do with canonizing the scriptures is probably duped beyond recovery.