Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
[b]".., even while you know all other agencies within the government exist as a result of subterfuge and a lack of transparency."

In all times and places throughout human history. With a few rare exceptions. If any. Is it any wonder that the children suffer the most? I think though that this time they're pushing the envelope too far.[/b]
Those with savvy and the means to power will always use their power to enslave.
In human history, only God has allowed His will and the will of man to exist co-terminously.
That's a mixture none have attempted, let alone established.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Those with savvy and the means to power will always use their power to enslave.
In human history, only God has allowed His will and the will of man to exist co-terminously.
That's a mixture none have attempted, let alone established.
There is one man who did it.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
To speak honestly old chap, I think 'flat Earthers' put themselves into quite a precarious corner, a corner already occupied by people who take a literal understanding of the bible. Once a 'literalist' has shown their hand they are forced to defend all the absurdities in the bible that were clearly meant as metaphor or moral tales. (Jonah being swall ...[text shortened]... nspiracy. - It makes your position untenable.

Edit: Deep down I think you know that. (Right?)
I think you swallowed a camel. 😉

The stories in the Bible are not myths and fables.

Moves
02 Jul 16

There is one man who did it.
Surely you don't mean Schwarzenegger?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Jul 16

He was only looking for one person.
The "man" (really, man/God) is the Lord Jesus Christ.
As one member of the Divine Triune, He established before the world was created a resolve for the forthcoming angelic conflict.
Although nothing existed other than the Godhead, they knew then how things would unfold to the very end of human existence and beyond.
In His knowledge of the eventual angelic conflict, God also provided the resolve: man.
More specifically, the will of man co-existing coterminously with the will of God.
It's the old 'make a rock He can't pick up' absurdity... yet somehow He did it: man's will is inviolable even though God is all-powerful.
Absolute power, no corruption.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

As the TERMINATOR no less. 😉

At first I wrote Jesus Christ, but that would have been too obvious, so I chose to say "there is one man who did it" in keeping with the thought line of Freaky's comments.

I don't know whether or not you understood what Freaky meant by, "In human history, only God has allowed His will and the will of man to exist co-terminously. That's a mixture none have attempted, let alone established", but I couldn't help but seize the opportunity to express what came immediately to mind.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
He was only looking for one person.
The "man" (really, man/God) is the Lord Jesus Christ.
As one member of the Divine Triune, He established before the world was created a resolve for the forthcoming angelic conflict.
Although nothing existed other than the Godhead, they knew then how things would unfold to the very end of human existence and beyond. ...[text shortened]... d it: man's will is inviolable even though God is all-powerful.
Absolute power, no corruption.
Amazing is it not the beatific simplicity of God's Word in so many ways, including, but not limited to, how "... God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" and then goes on to say "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:".

I think one can read those words and miss their meaning altogether.

ENGLAND

Moves
02 Jul 16

"In human history, only God has allowed His will and the will of man to exist co-terminously. That's a mixture none have attempted, let alone established"...
What on earth are you talking about; what does this statement even mean?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
What on earth are you talking about; what does this statement even mean?
So glad you asked. 😉

Are you familiar with what the Bible talks about concerning the "angelic conflict"?

When and where did it begin? Who the principle players are?

But most importantly what did and is a God doing to resolve the conflict?

In man did God plan to settle the matter of satan's rebellion. To establish before all creation and eternity the one that is the rightful "King of Kings", and "Lord of Lords".

So, if you understand all that, you will understand what is meant by the concept of God's will and man's will existing co-terminously.

ENGLAND

Moves
02 Jul 16
1 edit

So glad you asked. 😉

Are you familiar with what the Bible talks about concerning the "angelic conflict"?

When and where did it begin? Who the principle players are?

But most importantly what did and is a God doing to resolve the conflict?

In man did God plan to settle the matter of satan's rebellion. To establish before all creation and eternity ...[text shortened]... ll understand what is meant by the concept of God's will and man's will existing co-terminously.
I know the Bible well enough to understand the concept good vs evil and how it is depicted within it, the accounts of the various protagonists and how the sovereignty of God has permitted that to be played out. Surely, after reading my posts in our exchanges for nearly a decade you don't think I am ignorant of the basic Biblical accounts!

What I don't understand is this bit:

"That's a mixture none have attempted, let alone established"...

It is written as through there are others who could have established this but not attempted it or who don't have the power to. Is it just a surperfluous suffix of waffly grandstanding added on to provide some sort of legitimacy to the primary statement, or is there some sort backhanded way of saying the are those on other worlds who could somehow mix the the will of God and man?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

I know the Bible well enough to understand the concept good vs evil and how it is depicted within it, the accounts of the various protagonists and how the sovereignty of God has permitted that to be played out. Surely, after reading my posts in our exchanges for nearly a decade you don't think I am ignorant of the basic Biblical accounts!

What I don ...[text shortened]... d way of saying the are those on other worlds who could somehow mix the the will of God and man?
Please don't go on the defensive dive. I'm not questioning you knowledge of the Bible. I was only setting up my answer to your question. I wish you had quoted the specific statement you were asking about, and I could have not wasted the time.

"Is it just a surperfluous suffix of waffly grandstanding added on to provide some sort of legitimacy to the primary statement, or is there some sort backhanded way of saying the are those on other worlds who could somehow mix the the will of God and man?"

No.

The statement, "that's a mixture none have attempted, let alone established", has to do, I believe, with the existence of God's will existing co-terminously with man's will.

Think it through dive!

ENGLAND

Moves
02 Jul 16

Please don't go on the defensive dive. I'm not questioning you knowledge of the Bible. I was only setting up my answer to your question. I wish you had quoted the specific statement you were asking about, and I could have not wasted the time.

[b]"Is it just a surperfluous suffix of waffly grandstanding added on to provide some sort of legitimacy to the ...[text shortened]... the existence of God's will existing co-terminously with man's will.

Think it through dive!
Nevermind, I knew I was wasting my time.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 16

Nevermind, I knew I was wasting my time.
Ya, and mine too.

Is this how you approach subjects you don't understand? Quit and run away? Whatever! It's your loss, not mine.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jul 16

Ya, and mine too.

Is this how you approach subjects you don't understand? Quit and run away? Whatever! It's your loss, not mine.
belief systems are not loss and accounting. They are whatever the individual says they are. If someone worships bearded dragons then for that person bearded dragons is that person's god.

It is not his loss that he doesn't believe in your belief system.

Isn't it interesting almost every religion thinks their religion is THE religion while all others are false?

Why would that be other than the idea they are ALL false?

ALL manmade so each religion gives their god human attributes and then wars are fought over these attributes.

Pretty sick if you ask me.

ENGLAND

Moves
02 Jul 16

Ya, and mine too.

Read what I was actually asking and respond to that instead of what you think I was asking.