Context...we hardly knew ye.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 22:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No such clan.

Maybe you meant the Jalapeño Donkeys. They've been disbanded for over 3 years now, so I'm surprised anyone remembers them.
    Donkeys was the word I was scratching for. I knew it wasn't Kittens, but my grey cells are disappearing fast. 🙁
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 22:26
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Rein. Bishopford. Vaknso. Bbarr.Ragnorak.Lionel. Lioness. RoyalChicken.Mephisto. Tony.Skeeter. SlimJim.Bobla45.Dr.Scribbles.Kirksey.UncleAdam.Luck.Rhymester.Mako.Chancermechanic.RossGreen. ElectricDad.DRBrain.And all the rest. The pioneers. Those who lived in a world of non drivel. We salute you great RHP warriors of the past, back in a kindler, gentler RHP Era.
    Bishopford.

I find this curious.
    Not simply for the lapse of time since their last use of this site (October 2004, a good seven years before you joined), but probably more so for the scant posts available (18) between January 2002 and July 2003.
    What's even more odd: those posts have literally nothing to do with anything other than chess.
    What pioneering do you ascribe to Bishopford, exactly, that could be considered in concert with the others you named?
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 00:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Bishopford.

I find this curious.
    Not simply for the lapse of time since their last use of this site (October 2004, a good seven years before you joined), but probably more so for the scant posts available (18) between January 2002 and July 2003.
    What's even more odd: those posts have literally nothing to do with anything other than chess.
    What ...[text shortened]... ascribe to Bishopford, exactly, that could be considered in concert with the others you named?
    Not only that, his "and all the rest" makes everyone else here feel like the Professor and Maryanne.

More like MudJerk 😞
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 01:22
    MissOleum
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 10:58
    Lolette
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 00:25
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Someone had to get their hands dirty fighting the good fight.
    Pretty easy thing to do if you happen to be a moderator at the same time. 😛 😉 😉
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 01:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its 2:27 AM and I am eating crackers (thin wafer biscuits) with some French cheese, Brie and Camembert and sipping some Chilean wine, Merlot is the grape, deliberating on whether to watch the second part of Jeremiah Johnson, because I recall that his wife gets killed and I cannot bring myself to watch it, call me a wussie, i don't mind, i know its not real, but its still sad. That's the reason Andy me ol, son, why i am here.
    Of all the Chilean choices, a Merlot? It's like going to World of Beer and ordering a Budweiser.

Malbec, ,my friend, Malbec.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree